i dont like poor people

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, it depends on whether that person are able to work or not. If he/she is not in a good condition, I am OK to give them the money. But if they are able to work, I will not give them the money.

Like Kannot said, I don't dislike them because of being poor but because they didn't do the proper way to earn the money.

Plenty of ฿300.- jobs to be had so I generally don't give. There are also plenty of stories of beggars earning quite a bit of cash. Anybody that has a family and hasn't done something really shameful will be looked after, I don't generally feel judgemental. Another story with people without the correct papers, Farangs on overstay... much too complicated to give an answer to, up to you. 7/11 starts selling liquor at 11am, so anyone around at that time is under suspicion....

If you pass someone with a cup, give them money. Don't question it, don't analyze it. Don't consider whether they're worth your charity. It will make you feel good. It's a no brainier.

If you pass someone with a cup, give them money. Don't question it, don't analyze it. Don't consider whether they're worth your charity. It will make you feel good. It's a no brainier.

youd have to have no brain to do this

Nope.

Go to the nearest shop, buy a cartoon of milk and some breaded bun or fruit.

Then go back and give it to them.

then eat/drink it yourself when they tell you that they only accept money.

coffee1.gif

I do not care poor or not, but prefer to help those who can not help themselves, ie animals.

Beggars are just plain lazy parasites, especially in a country where job is available on every corner

Nope.

Go to the nearest shop, buy a cartoon of milk and some breaded bun or fruit.

Then go back and give it to them.

then eat/drink it yourself when they tell you that they only accept money.

coffee1.gif

Sound funny but true (sometimes) wacko.png

Usually depends on who it is, I was once in Cambodia and a little kid walked by checking bins, he had no shoes on and rags for clothes... it made me think alot about how lucky I am to have the basics in life, I stood up and left my meal.. ended up taking him to a local shop and getting him fully kitted out plus sorting him out 20 dollars, stupid some might say but it made me feel good and I hope it taught him there is hope.

I also often give to a very old guy who is usually going through bins for plastic, not only that but I save all my plastic for him in bin bags, he must be getting on 80 and looks like he works hard, cant imagine he makes more than 100bhat for a full days collecting plastic and at his age he should be relaxing enjoying his life... I occasionally pop him 100 bhat if I am feeling flush, again he is very thank-full and genuine, so yeah definitely depends who they are as there is another guy sitting outside my 711 who I gave 20bhat and some food he didn't even thank me and really just looks like a lazy guy, never again for him.

All in all, I do not dislike poor people, in fact I have more respect for some poor people than rich people who often are flashy show offs... when I was young my folks went through hard times so I know how it feels.

Brownie points I never want, but giving feels good, and I do often think if you help others, good things will happen to you.

I do not care poor or not, but prefer to help those who can not help themselves, ie animals.

Beggars are just plain lazy parasites, especially in a country where job is available on every corner

Not always... some of them are creative fakes and scammers.

You got that right.

I recall the panhandler in a wheelchair that tapped on my window while stuck in morning rush-hour traffic on an I-10 overpass in Katy, Texas. I was just about to dig some quarters out of my ashtray when I had an epiphany, cracked my window and asked him how did he get up there with the 8 lanes of contra-flow traffic and all?

Begging is a global industry.

Your comments beggars belief.

This is one of my benefits of living in Thailand. Every time I see poor people, I am reminded of what a lucky and privileged life I have compared to 95% of the rest of the World population and am thankful for those astronomical odds being on my side.

As for giving money to the poor, let's just say I watched Slumdog Millionaire too.

I realize we live in a digital vacuum where video taping a rape or an assault is more important than helping the victimized. Where a homeless person is taunted, humiliated and often a victim of aggression rather than a recipient of goodwill. Where a beggar becomes a slick con artist by a skewed perception of the fortunate. To be human means that we care for each other and civilization means we work together to create a better life for each other. If that is true, then there is nothing human nor civilized about passing by someone in need, regardless of your mental assessment. The moment we stop caring and fighting for each other... that's the moment we lose our humanity.

To be human means that we care for each other and civilization means we work together to create a better life for each other. If that is true, then there is nothing human nor civilized about passing by someone in need, regardless of your mental assessment. The moment we stop caring and fighting for each other... that's the moment we lose our humanity.

Blimey!

Bit drama queen-ish, eh?

Maybe you are over analyzing this......

Do not judge, some are mentally disabled, some are under rough conditions, behind each of us there is a story you may not know.

Being poor is not only about money, some are poor in heart, lacking compassion and humanity.