TV star meets police and pleads ignorant to nature of UFUN affairs

webfact

TV star meets police and pleads ignorant to nature of UFUN affairs
THE NATION

30260854-01_big.JPG
Television host Suphajon Klinsuwan, far right, yesterday meets with police officers to explain his role as an MC at a recent event in Bangkok linked with UFUN Thailand investments.

BANGKOK: -- TELEVISION personality Suphajon Klinsuwan yesterday met with police to give a statement explaining his role as an MC at a recent Bangkok event to announce the signing of contracts between UTOKEN and UDBP, both of which are associated with controversial UFUN Thailand investments currently being investigated by the police.

Speaking after his meeting with officers of the Consumer Protection Police Division, Suphajon said he was not aware of the nature of UFUN's business. He said he also hosted an event earlier announcing the opening of UFUN's headquarters at Bang Na-Trat soi 25.

Suphajon said he told police that he noticed the guests at the UTOKEN-UDBP event were mostly foreigners and overheard that members of a European royal family had also attended the |event.

'Gave useful information, will be a witness'

Lt-General Suwira Songmetta, chief investigator of the Consumer Protection Police, said Suphajon agreed to identify the guests at that event. His information was useful to the police investigation and he would make himself available as a witness, he said.

Suwira said the police were analysing folk singer Khwannapha "Lala" Ruengsri's role in UFUN after she gave a statement on the matter. He said the police would investigate to see if she benefited unlawfully from UFUN's activities. Any celebrity figures who were implicated would be questioned.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/TV-star-meets-police-and-pleads-ignorant-to-nature-30260854.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-25

" Speaking after his meeting with officers of the Consumer Protection Police Division, Suphajon said he was not aware of the nature of UFUN's business. He said he also hosted an event earlier announcing the opening of UFUN's headquarters at Bang Na-Trat soi 25 "

Arai na? pom my rue reiang.... in his defense, I tend to believe him, being dumb and stupid is not beyond

some of the local celebrities.... and others in general...

" Speaking after his meeting with officers of the Consumer Protection Police Division, Suphajon said he was not aware of the nature of UFUN's business. He said he also hosted an event earlier announcing the opening of UFUN's headquarters at Bang Na-Trat soi 25 "

Arai na? pom my rue reiang.... in his defense, I tend to believe him, being dumb and stupid is not beyond

Indeed correct...Thailand is a world hub of dumb celebrities ( not to say innocent or otherwise).

In all fairness, I wouldn't expect an "MC" to know the entire inner workings of a company/business that they are simply "hosting" an event for.

Quite so, but in believing that you would be passing up an opportunity to expose the idiocy of Thais.

In all fairness, I wouldn't expect an "MC" to know the entire inner workings of a company/business that they are simply "hosting" an event for.

Correct the guy was just hired to host an event. It would be different if he had share options and so on and was really involved. This is just a hired host.

Pleads ignorant!!

Only in Thailand!! Stupidity as a defense..........clap2.gif

Hope that Yinglucks lawyers take notice.

Already noted to be used as the first line of defence.

I think this is simply being used as another excuse for "Thai bashing" - most MC's anywhere in the world are hired to run an event - it is extremely UNLIKELY that most MCs know the inner workings of any bonafide group that hires their services.

It is nothing to do with being stupid, and that is degrading both to the one on the receiving end as well as those who make such statements.

If one feels that they are in a country that they dislike so much because the locals are obviously beneath them, why not consider a relocation to a place where the local intellect is more to one's liking; it must be dreadful to be surrounded by such low class dolts... I feel so sorry for those in that position.

I read this man probably just screwed up. I think he is as as guilty and lies to protect his job and his social disgrace plus he does not want to go to jail. Do not do the crime if you can not serve the time!

I think this is simply being used as another excuse for "Thai bashing" - most MC's anywhere in the world are hired to run an event - it is extremely UNLIKELY that most MCs know the inner workings of any bonafide group that hires their services.

It is nothing to do with being stupid, and that is degrading both to the one on the receiving end as well as those who make such statements.

If one feels that they are in a country that they dislike so much because the locals are obviously beneath them, why not consider a relocation to a place where the local intellect is more to one's liking; it must be dreadful to be surrounded by such low class dolts... I feel so sorry for those in that position.

You forget most people here did not really have a career.. just blue collar workers and they did their time and live now on a small pension. So to make themselves feel better they need to put down the locals. This is the first time they feel superior because back home what they accomplished is not that much.

I read this man probably just screwed up. I think he is as as guilty and lies to protect his job and his social disgrace plus he does not want to go to jail. Do not do the crime if you can not serve the time!

What crime did he commit?

Pleads ignorant!!

Only in Thailand!! Stupidity as a defense..........clap2.gif

Hope that Yinglucks lawyers take notice.

Only on ThaiVisa could a poster confuse ignorance with stupidity and then twist the real story in a vain attempt at humour.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Quite so, but in believing that you would be passing up an opportunity to expose the idiocy of Thais.

And why would anyone other than an idiot want to "expose the idiocy of Thais", which, of course, doesn't exist except as an ignorant over-generalisation?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Can you point out the crime you allege he committed, Nobb?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Just look at the number of " intelligent " celebs that sell dodgy loans in the UK - it's all about the money !!

That kind of event is just hired by the company, isn't it? The MC is just a performer. What would he know about the company? Was he an investor? Of course in the course of the event he was MCing he would have extolled the virtues of the company -- that's what he's hired to do and the company writes the script for him to follow. I'm wondering about the singer. I can't find her on English language internet. Is she the one with the enormous rose on her head or the other one? Or someone else altogether?