Zenfone 2 released in Thailand TODAY

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out FORTUNE PLAZA Monday but no Zenphone 2's anywhere. "One week"..."Two week"

Asked about their Zenphone 2 B6990 "Love & Roll" promotion, D-Tac store staff replied: "Ehhhh??...Mai loo!!"

Hmmm...That's about US $355 for the 4/64gb, not the same kind of revolutionary bargain the Zenphone-5 was at introduction. Not bad for what you get but in the next few months I expect to see some heavy competition emerge, especially from some premium Chinese manufacturers. There are already several 3/32gb phones with all the bells and whistles for well under US$200.

The Zenphone-2 4/64 will sell at something close to US$299 when released in the USA according to a statement by the President of Asus. It will be interesting to see what the local price shakes down to in the coming months.

Still over 10k less than Samsung or iPhone equivalents.. Only downside I see is the weight. It's a pity they couldn't shave 20-30 grams off.

Pretty much EVERYTHING is cheaper in the USA !

It's annoying but there ya go!

Edited by casualbiker

Wooloomooloo... I know you will find this amazing but SOME PEOPLE don't agree about the iPhones " functionality"

I personally HATE using an iPhone compared to my Android phone, sure they got better in iOS 8 when you had the swipe up function for some settings.. But still not as easy as android.. Oh and let's not forget the price! I just got a Lenovo Vibe Z on a clearance sale @ 5,700b (Google it for specs) pretty similar to the 28,900baht iPhone 6plus.. Actually it's smaller.

Otherwise, for the price, who needs Samsung?

Nail on the head. Get an iPhone instead. Great resale value and top notch functionality in the meantime.

iPhone 6 Plus with bombproof case:

What the heck has this got to do with subject thread? Get back into your Apple fan boy closet please, you are becoming a pest.

Powerful and good value. Was really looking forward to picking one up but sadly discovered that only one SIM slot is 3G/4G capable. Guess I'll wait another few weeks to see if there's anything comparable that's 3G/4G capable on both slots.

Powerful and good value. Was really looking forward to picking one up but sadly discovered that only one SIM slot is 3G/4G capable. Guess I'll wait another few weeks to see if there's anything comparable that's 3G/4G capable on both slots.

I think the main purpose for a second sim slot is to have a second number, so what's the big deal it not being 3/4G capable?

I read about the single 3G/4G sim slot from 3 different reviews. There is a very slight chance the model in Thailand is different. Will find out soon when I talk to sales.

I like to have it on both slots primarily because data speeds at various locations outside BKK can be poor on one carrier but decent on another, and this makes it easy to switch. Another reason is when I hit the full speed limit on one sim I can easily switch to the other.

I had an LG L70 that was 3G capable on both slots, and it was a fairly low end phone. Not sure why manufacturers don't make all of their dual sims high speed capable. Can't be very complicated. The sim slot is solely for identifying you to the carrier, while data is handled directly within the chipset.

They're here in big numbers now down in mbk and pantip etc. Only seen the 6990 and 11990 bt models on sale though. Dtac has a separate promo on for the 32/4gb model at 9990 bt.

Edited by lamyai3

According to this story, there will be no 4/64 Z-2 option offered in the US (3/32 max), thus making the previously announced $299 price not such a great deal.

Does look like US will have screensize choice of 5", 5.5" & 6", RAM/ROM 2/16 up to 3/32. Lower priced models will have lower end processor.

http://www.vinereport.com/article/asus.zenfone.2.release.date.specs.phone.comes.with.snapdragon.processor.three.variations/628.htm

Probably the most in-depth review of the Z2.

http://www.xda-developers.com/zenfone-2-review-cheap-fast-big-flawed/

Interesting read, especially about the inconsistent battery performance.

Also answers the questions about 2nd SIM: 2G voice only

Side note: As of yesterday, June 15, no 4/32's or 4/64's at either MBK or Fortune.

Edited by dddave