New Foodland in NaJomtien near Huay Yai Road and Sukhumvit

craigt3365

It is not called Soi Kao Noi it is called Soi Boonsampan i believe it was nick named Kao noi because it was all grass land at one time. Kao meaning green the Noi part i dont know. But green something anyway.

Try again...

เขา = khao = hill; mountain

น้อย = noi = little

or little hill/mountain

I used to be called Soi WatBoonsampan because of the Wat at the end.

Boonies is correct. There is nothing out there ... a long way to go if you want an alternative to Tesco and Big C south. I think it's a very strange site for such a supermarket. Foodland's main clientele is foreigners, most of whom live a bit closer to Jomtien/Pattaya, I would have thought. Let's not forget Villa had a store in Khao Noi (aka Soi Wat Bunsampan) where there is a fair concentration of foreigners. Yet it failed.

There are many foreigners living south of Pattaya and with the ever increasing traffic situation in Pattaya this could very well work. Najomtien with places like Ban Saree, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur, etc. Has countless villages and condos with a lot of foreigners. I bet even many people from Jomtien will go to this location. It will take some of the public that comes to the current Central Pattaya location, but with the IT mall opening next to it it will be hard to get there.

It's not just foreigners who shop at Foodland. Many Thais do also. The one in Thonglor gets way more Thais than foreigners. The area you mention is getting quite an influx of well to do Thais. Stop by the Glass House on the weekends. The parking lot is packed with Bangkok vehicles.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will open soon! LOL

Boonies is correct. There is nothing out there ... a long way to go if you want an alternative to Tesco and Big C south. I think it's a very strange site for such a supermarket. Foodland's main clientele is foreigners, most of whom live a bit closer to Jomtien/Pattaya, I would have thought. Let's not forget Villa had a store in Khao Noi (aka Soi Wat Bunsampan) where there is a fair concentration of foreigners. Yet it failed.

There are many foreigners living south of Pattaya and with the ever increasing traffic situation in Pattaya this could very well work. Najomtien with places like Ban Saree, Huay Yai, Ban Amphur, etc. Has countless villages and condos with a lot of foreigners. I bet even many people from Jomtien will go to this location. It will take some of the public that comes to the current Central Pattaya location, but with the IT mall opening next to it it will be hard to get there.

It's not just foreigners who shop at Foodland. Many Thais do also. The one in Thonglor gets way more Thais than foreigners. The area you mention is getting quite an influx of well to do Thais. Stop by the Glass House on the weekends. The parking lot is packed with Bangkok vehicles.

. Foodland in Patts get a lot of Thai Customers also...

Be careful because long time crossing fingers may cause cramp biggrin.png

It is not called Soi Kao Noi it is called Soi Boonsampan i believe it was nick named Kao noi because it was all grass land at one time. Kao meaning green the Noi part i dont know. But green something anyway.

Try again...

เขา = khao = hill; mountain

น้อย = noi = little

or little hill/mountain

I used to be called Soi WatBoonsampan because of the Wat at the end.

Well we getting there finally. I was right about where Wat Boon Samphan is located, but I have to apologize because I said Soi Boon Samphan, which actually had to be Soi Watboon, and is located as I said before between Sukhumvith and Jomtien second road.

http://www.tiyasplace.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=56

Yes try getting in the Preecha seafood restaurant at Ban Amphur at the weekends, absolutely packed and they have 3 car parks

Wat boon samphan is off soi Kao Noi and Soi Khao Talo.

Soi Boon Samphan rund from sukhumvit to jomtien second road.

I thought that was Soi Bun Kanchana west of Sukhumvit?

The map is old. Lenny is correct. Soi Wat Boon is now called Soi Bun Kanchana.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.8883042,100.8871198,16z?hl=en

It was called Soi Wat Boon because of Wat Bunkanchanaram (on the corner of Sukhumvit) and has no relationship to Wat Bunsamphan at the end of Soi Khao Noi (Soi Wat Bunsamphan). There's been confusion over this for at least 10 years that I know of!

Wat boon samphan is off soi Kao Noi and Soi Khao Talo.

Soi Boon Samphan rund from sukhumvit to jomtien second road.

I thought that was Soi Bun Kanchana west of Sukhumvit?

The map is old. Lenny is correct. Soi Wat Boon is now called Soi Bun Kanchana.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.8883042,100.8871198,16z?hl=en

It was called Soi Wat Boon because of Wat Bunkanchanaram (on the corner of Sukhumvit) and has no relationship to Wat Bunsamphan at the end of Soi Khao Noi (Soi Wat Bunsamphan). There's been confusion over this for at least 10 years that I know of!

Never said it was related to Wat Bun samphan,( well actually I called it so in my first post, but apologized for the mistake later) but it was called Wat Bun (boon whatever). That Pattaya administration can't make up there mind how to call their Sois is not my problem.

I seems even that Pattaya administration even didn't know if the Soi in front of Southpoint was city property or not.

Anyway, this map also shows it as Wat Bun.

http://pattsfun-wp.pattaya-funtown.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pattaya-map.gif

Edited by Anthony5

• 2 months later...

We're getting closer! A sign has been put up looking for employees! Yipee!!!

They are looking for employees for a shop that hasn't start the construction yet?

Sorry but I must be missing something.

I don't have all the details, just posting a pic of the help wanted sign!

That sign is for staff at Alangkarn theatre not Foodland here is a closer clearer photo

post-2109-0-23237100-1438598018_thumb.jp

they have positions for

Cook and cooks assistants

Gardeners and cleaners

Waiter / waitresses

Reception staff

Stage / lighting /sound technicians

Tailors

Cashiers

Office staff

Promoters

Can't see any hint of a Foodland in that area.... wish its true but don't think so, they walled off the plot of land the other side of Alangkarn a while ago

rumours where for a Big C no sign of that either !

Edited by johng

That was not "Villa Market" but "Villa Supermarket".

Close but not the same group!

post-112523-0-69786000-1438701358_thumb.

That was not "Villa Market" but "Villa Supermarket".

Close but not the same group!

It was owned by the same people that have 7/12's or Family markets.

Says a lot about the business sense of the owners who think the name will make the shop.

This is bad news for me as I thought a Foodland was coming to Thepprasit Road, near View Talay. Could someone please give a map location for this place? I think it is probably further from my place than the Pattaya Klang Foodland.

Theprasit also coming.

They put a sign now.

2 Foodland will be open shortly.

This is bad news for me as I thought a Foodland was coming to Thepprasit Road, near View Talay. Could someone please give a map location for this place? I think it is probably further from my place than the Pattaya Klang Foodland.

Theprasit also coming.

They put a sign now.

2 Foodland will be open shortly.

A new sign on Theprasit Road? I saw a sign there last year, next to Nakhonsawan car wash - is there another?

There is another thread about the Thepprasit Foodland location. It is just east of the back of View Talay 1. There was some construction about a month ago and people got excited. It appears they only construction some concrete foundations (for a sign?) but no actual building construction has started.