No Price Negotiating?

buddhafly

wow. sounds great.

has anyone else found that to be the way its done?

The first 2 cars I bought here yes...paid list price but haggled for accesories (window tint, chrome highlight, insurance etc.)

I just bought the outgoing model MU7 and got 100000 discount plus almost 100000 worth of accessories, free insurance and tax paid for by the dealer too.

But it is down to the dealer and how desperate they are for the sale, I bought my MU7 from Isuzu Mahanakorn in Nonthaburi instead of Bangkok.......bit of a trek but worth it for the discounts :o

EDIT: I might add that I may have got a better discount than normal because my gfs' Dad is also buying one from them.....although he is going for the new facelift model :D

Edited by moonoi

When I bought my Nissan the sticker was 560,000 baht. My wife did the negotiating. We left and went back three times. We ended up getting it for 540,000 plus tinted windows, back bumper, front bull bar, bed liner and a years of first class insurance. I would have settled for the 540,000 baht.

wow. sounds great.

has anyone else found that to be the way its done?

Same for me when I bought my car, a CRV in 2002 when it was "hot" (new).

First went to the Honda dealer in Pattaya and they wouldn't give any discounts or any extras and the worse was that I had to wait 10 weeks to get the car. Same in Chonburi and Rayong. :o

Then my wife called several dealers in Issan and I got a car within a week at list price but fully loaded with almost all the extras they offerd back then at no cost (from Honda in Udon Thani).

Will get a new CRV now when it comes out and I will buy it up in Issan again. :D

Heres the key to getting discounts. First of all they do not like the word discount, and if you go into a showroom to purchase a car the maximum allowance is about 10,000 baht. Now if you send your wife in to purchase the car the prices are all together different as everything else is concerning Thai or Farrang.

We bought the new Toyota Corolla Altis 2006 model that just came out in april. My wife ordered 30,000 baht worth of options, which they call accesaries. The list price was 844,000 baht without the options. we got the car for 830,000 baht. Ordered, took 6 weeks to come in. we are very happy with the car gets 37.5 miles per gallon on the roas, and 36 in town.

Barry