VFS appointment tomorrow, for settlement, a question re English test

Hi there

My GF has her appointment at VFS tomorrow for her settlement visa. She passed the test and has a certificate that says she "has achieved Council Of Europe Level A1", does she also need to take a copy of the statement of results with here, or is the certificate sufficient

many thanks

I would supply everything. I did this all a couple of months ago and supplied both plus copies. You should also supply the information they need to check direct with the exam board. We did the KET from Cambridge School of English. I don't know what they actually did but we got the visa.

Which test did she take?

If taken on or after 6th April 2015 then it needs to be the IELTS test as they are now the only approved provider in Thailand..

In which case, as it says on the list of approved providers

No documents required. Please provide your SELT unique reference number on your application form. This can be found on your TRF displayed as UKVI

But it wont hurt to submit the paper evidence as well.

If she took the test on or before 5th April 2015 with a provider from the old list, then she can still use that for an application made until 5th November 2015. But she will need to take the test again with one of the new providers for her FLR application after 30 months in the UK.

Again, her certificate, provided it shows she has achieved at least A1 in English speaking and listening, is sufficient. If it doesn't, then provide the results sheet as well.

As it says on that list

Spouse & partner: If you intend to apply under the spouse and partner route you must provide evidence that you have passed the speaking and listening components of a test at level A1 or above. You do not need to demonstrate reading and writing skills. Where a test examines all four components (speaking, listening, reading and writing) you do not need to pass the reading and writing components, you only need to evidence passing the speaking and listening components