Bike Stand causes crash in South Pattaya

webfact

simple , his kick stand was down, this can not happen on a Honda as bike wont sart with the stand down...

Yeah its a yamaha. I used to have one and would forget to put up the stand sometimes. Honda is smart and can't start with it down. Why would Yamaha take so many years and possible lived to add this feature. Yamaha sucks.

Yeah, why not idiot -proof the world?

Extended bike stand?

What's that all about, why would you need one of them?

When the bike stand is down, it is extended. When riding, the bike stand should be kicked up.

Ha ha that makes sense now.

I thought the stand had actually been extended/modified.

Its been a long night......:-)

Extended bike stand?

What's that all about, why would you need one of them?

I think it could be for the lazy people who need to park 1 meter away from the pavement / sidewalk. An extended stand could prevent others from parking in the way of your motorcycle so its very easy for you just to walk up , kick up the stand and ride away. Shame they fail really 555

I think it actually means he'd forgotten to kick his stand back in place so it was still extended and when he ducked back in front of the car it hit the ground and chucked him off. Easy to do as a learner, thought he'd have known better.

Glad he wasn't killed or seriously injured. The number of people driving without helmets, including some police, is very noticeable.

I returned from Vietnam April 20th and very seldom saw anyone in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang or Hanoi without a helmet. I suppose political will, enforcement, public awareness and consequence for non-compliance has something to do with that.