Satellite Tv In Thailand

ozymandious

maybe it's time many members start to do some research as this topic has been here several times.

I have a sat and can watch about 40 sats or 1000 channels including most of the movie and sport channels shown on ubc for free, no need for any card to subscribe to.

its not illegal to receive signals from a sat.

Hello rono,

I am looking for a setup of satellite dishes like you have in Pattaya. I am not going to pay for 20 sports channels for UBC when all I want to see is the free TV that is available almost all around the world like BBC, CNN, Bloomberg, DWTV, ABC Australia etc. I was looking at Central Department in Pattaya, Tukom, Numchai, but ask a Thai and you know what they say: mai mee.

Up to now I could not even find a shop were to buy anything for setting up a system. I even went to hotels were I saw the 5 big black dishes on top but nobody of the staff knew about the setup, who installed or services it.

For my comfort I took with me on hard discs 400 hours of HDTV ( I have to pay in Europe for the reception of this high quality of HDTV and sound of course ) I recorded at home and so watch what I want on my beloved LED TV but the news of course I am missing.

Your help is greatly appreciated - Thank you

• 7 months later...

PSI, DynaSat, InfoSat, etc., are just some of the many manufacturers of satellite TV ground systems (dishes, settop boxes, LNBs, multiswitches, etc). Kinda like the many different car manufacturers...they all build cars, it's just each car looks and rides a little differently and may be more reliable than the other, but they all run on the same gas/diesel full. They all can receive exactly the same TV signals transmitted from the satellites.

The DMove or DFix just means a Dish that is Movable (i.e., a dish with a motor on it that can be pointed to different satellites by the receiver/set top box); or a Dish that is Fixed pointing to one spot in the sky/locked down pointing directly towards one satellite...like pointing toward ThaiCom 2/5 which UBC/TrueVisions transmits on. You can still pick up other satellites on a Fixed dish when the satellites are fairly close to each other in outer space....but since many TV channels transmit via multiple satellites for maximum coverage area you will end up getting many channels duplicated regardless of whether you have a DMove or Dfix dish system.

C Band or KU Band LNBs can be mounted on a C Band dish (the big black dishes) since a C band dish can pick up both C Band (approx 4Ghz) and KU Band (approx 12GHz) frequencies. But a KU band dish (i.e., a small solid approx 75cm dish like your TrueVisions dish) can only pick up KU band frequencies; it can't pick up C band frequencies.

You can receive both Free-To-Air (FTA) and Encrypted (you need a subscription to view like you TrueVisions subscription card) signals on C Band and KU Band systems. If you are satisfied with FTA channels like Channels 3, 5, 7, NBT, etc. from Thailand and many more FTA channels, then a C Band system/dish with C Band and KU Band LNBs mounted on the dish will give you the best reception come rain or shine. If your residence won't support a 5 to 6 ft C Band dish for whatever reason, then a small KU band dish is your other option but you won't get nearly as many channels on FTA KU band as FTA C band. And you can't really use your TrueVision KU band dish/LNB for this since the LNB operates at only 11.3Ghz and the TrueVisions provided boxes are setup just to receive TrueVisions signals. Also, during rain you probably experience rainfade/loss of signal on the KU band system. I expect you have experienced rainfade with your KU Band TrueVisions system. You won't lose your signal with a properly aligned C Band system in the heaviest downpour, at least if viewing the many channels transmitted from ThaiCom 2/5.

Believe it or not, having both a KU Band TrueVisions system (like you have now) "and" a C Band system may be your best option for maximum channel viewing and never having to worry about rainfade again for many channels. C band systems are relatively cheap to install/maintain and as long as you are happy with the many FTA channels you'll never have a monthly subscription cost again. I would recommend a simple C Band system using a 5-6 ft dish. I have a DynaSat 5.5 ft dish, DyanSat LNB and DynaSat set top boxes since DynaSat systems (especially their dishes) are generally considered to be of higher quality...their dishes sure are!