toyota minibus engine swop needed

my 2004 3.0D toyota bus blew up after losing all the coolant. ive got water in all 4 cylinders and it locked up solid. it will probably have cracked the head as well.

anyone suggest a good alternative swop or engine shop for me in the pattaya area. i wouldnt mind a turbo swop as its good fun to drive with all the weight out of it.

so far the shops ive been to tell me "oh too expensive"........errr? but im the one thats paying?

has anyone got a shop that will do the work i want? cheers.

Who drove it after it lost the coolant? The same person who wants to fix it cheaply?

I doubt the engine is lost. I would take the head off and check everything out. The cheapest way to check a head gasket is replace it and see if it runs.

It doesn't sound that good. As you know that there is water in all the cylinders do I assume that you have removed the injectors and tried to rotate the crank. Something might have picked up ... try a socket on the crank with a scaffold tube and try to rotate again. Scaffold tubes are not that easy to find in Thailand!!

Something I did years ago when I found my 340Jag engine wouldn't rotate, it had been standing for a long time over the winter. A bar on the crank failed to rotate it. I took the head off and dropped the sump, undid the big ends and then hammered the pistons down in turn to free them (You need to juggle the crank of course) ... put a large piece of wood between the piston head and your hammer (you will need a big hammer!) ... you might be lucky ... I was.

Thinking about it maybe another engine is the way forward ... unless you like a challenge. Next time you see that white fluffy stuff coming from under the bonnet ... STOP.

Edited by JAS21