UK General Visitor Visa for Thai people

As a UK ex-pat resident in Thailand I am helping, or at least trying to help, a Thai couple navigate the Visa4UK application process but I am not altogether clear on some of the sections and wonder if our members can cast some light on the subject.

In the Employment and Income section the question asks what the cost of the trip is and specify the answer to be in GBP but not the other boxes.

Do they want all of the financial info in GBP or only that particular question?

Also the 'Amount of money for this trip?' is this referring to how much cash they will carry or what they intend to spend?

I intend to put notes in the addition information box at the end stating that they will carry VISA cards to cover any other purchases or expenses but anyone with similar previous experiences I would appreciate your feedback.

Yes all financial information in GBPounds. The question is about what they expect to spend and will be tied in with how much money they show they have. The ECO is concerned that there will be no recourse to public funds during their visit. If you are going to mention credit cards then they will have to provide all the evidence to show that they have sufficient funds to cover any purchases made with the cards. The ECO needs to be satisfied that they have sufficient money to easily fund the trip so the evidence needs to be such as to convince him/her of that.

• 1 month later...

And incidentally I should mention now that the couple submitted their passports to VFS on a Tuesday and were sent an email on Thursday saying a decision had been made and they could pick the passports and documents up after 2 working days which they did along with the multiple entry 6 month visas attached so well done VFS..... In this case anyhow.

And incidentally I should mention now that the couple submitted their passports to VFS on a Tuesday and were sent an email on Thursday saying a decision had been made and they could pick the passports and documents up after 2 working days which they did along with the multiple entry 6 month visas attached so well done VFS..... In this case anyhow.

Glad they got their visas; just as on average over 95% of visit visa applicants in Thailand do.

However, VFS had absolutely nothing to do with the decision nor the speed of same; they are merely a handling agent.

All decisions on UK visa applications are made by UKVI staff, Entry Clearance Officers, based at the British embassy, and the speed of that decision depends mainly on demand. The more applications they have to process at any time, the longer each will take to do, and vice versa.

• Like 1

Shame our friend is still waiting after more than 2 weeks for an EEA Family Permit to be issued in Switzerland! There seems to be a certain randomness about processing times. Good service from UKVI (Bangkok)!

Judging by some recent comments here perhaps well done to VFS for leaving an application intact and uninterfered with!

• Like 1