"The Shawshank redemption test" for your Thai lady.

So your Thai gf is the best thing ever happened to you, she is so nice, smiling, great cook, happy and really gives your life a new meaning.

No more of those grumpy woman of the west, I couldn't agree more!

BUT... I was always wondering if it's possible to find the perfect Thai woman, one who posses all the above features that we all love but also be sensitive and attentive, these are qualities I couldn't find until now in any Thai woman I've met until now...

Here is "The Shawshank redemption test" which will determine if your gf is "gf material" or you are going to have alot of boring evenings talking about food and the weather:

Ingredients:

1 x Thai woman

1 x The Shawshank redemption in HD + THAI subtitles (MUST)

1 x request to watch the movie in full.

If she watches the movie until the end and gets emotional, you got yourself a good girl!

I don't know anyone who didn't love this movie, if you don't like the movie, something is wrong with you smile.png

If She asks to see similar movies and she likes A Beautiful mind (with Thai subtitles!), than brother, you are a lucky guy.

However, if she tells you that the movie is boring and she wish to see a movie with crocodile which eats people, than brother, your ... it won't last for long smile.png

Good luck!

Edited by Henderson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am home and dry, mine loved Shawshank - and also got The Imitation Game (shedding a little tear at the end and asking "how could your country treat him like that....")

Edited by Jip99

What about Kung <deleted> Panda?

Animated movies can't be used for the test, you know that's a dirty trick :)

You must use movies like "The Shawshank redemption, A Beautiful Mind, Green mile, Good Will Hunting, The Bucket List etc...

My wife doesn't cook....but says she can (she's the bread-winner, so I choose to cook), smiles a lot, and watches any movie without Thai subtitles. She's honest, loving, caring....but didn't like Shawshank Redemption (there's no accounting for taste).

I don't think the OP test is all that good.

Pah my Wife is often grumpy, she cant cook doesnt smile much but shes honest and decent, she likes "The Painted Veil".....does that count?

Brother, you got yourself a western woman smile.png

Her salary and hence my retirement helps me to accepting this sufferance

What about Kung <deleted> Panda?

Animated movies can't be used for the test, you know that's a dirty trick smile.png

You must use movies like "The Shawshank redemption, A Beautiful Mind, Green mile, Good Will Hunting, The Bucket List etc...

I do like your movie examples though...esp. Good Will Hunting.

Just brought this DVD: home tonight---"Hot and Horny Housewives Do Anal 3".

Do you think my wife will understand what's going on if she has not seen 1 and 2?,.......................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

Just got this DVD: home tonight---"Hot and Horny Housewives Do Anal 3".

Do you think my wife will understand what's going on if she has not seen 1 and 2?,.......................coffee1.gif

From your reply I assume you wouldn't pass the test as well ;)

I think she will be just fine.......

It might bring tears to her eyes.

From The Shawshank Redemption:

Warden Samuel Norton: [icy] Nothing stops. Nothing... or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been f#%cked by a train! And the library? Gone... sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?

If you ask your Thai wife what that dialogue meant, she'll probably say Yes!

Mine likes Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and Avengers.

I will try Shawshank and report back. She almost wet herself over Bad Grandpa (the part in the male gogo bar did it.)

The OP's premise is sound.

By and large Thais frown upon "thinking too much," as well as prefer sanuk to "serious" in situations where, by western standards, the former is totally uncalled for, e.g., the classroom. It's no wonder the western movies shown in Thailand are almost exclusively action and adventure. Little attention span is needed, nor is any degree of critical reasoning necessary.

Meeting a Thai woman who has not only a taste for profound, thought provoking movies, but also the attention span to get through them, is definitely a HUGE plus.

Mine likes Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and Avengers.

I will try Shawshank and report back. She almost wet herself over Bad Grandpa (the part in the male gogo bar did it.)

I dig for emotions of shock in your revelations.

... but, no, they are just not coming out.

She doesn't watch many movies. She would rather we discuss the latest edition of "The New York Review of Books".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_York_Review_of_Books

Mines the same ....Give her a book and you wont see her for days....

It's great for both of us, as i can disappear for hours up the shed, without being interrupted...smile.png

Movies?...Anything that's got emotion or action...She would sit up all night to see what happens in the end....

I will tell you my Thai wife loves the movie..

Farang went a fishin' in the LOS

and many of us came out with plaa aroy mak loy khrapthumbsup.gif

without even stepping foot in the bar

That would be the sequel to that well known Pattaya publication "Fishin' for Farangs..... rod size not important"

I will tell you my Thai wife loves the movie..

Farang went a fishin' in the LOS

and many of us came out with plaa aroy mak loy khrapthumbsup.gif

without even stepping foot in the bar

That would be the sequel to that well known Pattaya publication "Fishin' for Farangs..... rod size not important"

But it is, but it is, or so they always so delicately say during the deed.. "oy...oy....oy.......oooooy"

"You big co-k farang"

The moral of the story? Spare the rod and lose the girlgiggle.gif