Grey Dust

eldragon

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question. Can't find the home maintenance section... Every couple of days I find a bit of grey dust on my kitchen counter. Kinda looks like pepper. I'm guessing it's turds from one of two creatures: the little lizards or tiny black ants. Has anyone seen this before? Is it dangerous? Rat turds and bird turds can be extremely dangerous...

Maybe dust from pollution. Bangkok is covered in it , when you don't wash your car or your balcony for a few day's you will notice it.

That is some pretty fancy pollution if it is targetting the OP's kitchen bench.

OP - anything showing in the ceiling or fixtures directly above the kitchen bench?

The lizard sh.. is quite dark/black.

Annoying in the house.

Kill them whenever they creep inside room/house.

The tend to hide in all kind of holes, housings (socket-outlet etc.) and lay their eggs there bah.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Annoying in the house.

The tend to hide in all kind of holes, housings (socket-outlet etc.) and lay their eggs there bah.gif

Thanks. It's probably lizard sh!+. I tend to let em live b/c I've seen em eat roaches. Not sure I have the stomach for killing em anyway. Or the skill. They're kinda fast. Do you have a preferred method?

Annoying in the house.

Thanks. It's probably lizard sh!+. I tend to let em live b/c I've seen em eat roaches. Not sure I have the stomach for killing em anyway. Or the skill. They're kinda fast. Do you have a preferred method?

If you mean, jin Joks, these creatures do nothing but good. They eat many types of insect pests around the home and I am quite fond of them. Those who would commit Violent acts toward animals have indications of a type of psychopathy that does not confine itself to animal abuse. Anyone who regards the life of these living creatures as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the notion that other people are worthless too. These persons are inclined to be extremely territorial, selfish and placing their self interests first. Definitely not the sorts that make loyal friends or would want in their social circles.

Firstly, gecko droppings have a similar appearance to mouse droppings and not in the form of powder or dust. It could be that there are some types of wood boring insects inside or around the kitchen counter eating away the wood dust inside leaving the debris exposed on the counter or something similar above the counter causing the dust. It could be a multitude of things causing the problem, but absolutely it`s not geckos.

Annoying in the house.

If you mean, jin Joks, these creatures do nothing but good. They eat many types of insect pests around the home and I am quite fond of them. Those who would commit Violent acts toward animals have indications of a type of psychopathy that does not confine itself to animal abuse. Anyone who regards the life of these living creatures as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the notion that other people are worthless too. These persons are inclined to be extremely territorial, selfish and placing their self interests first. Definitely not the sorts that make loyal friends or would want in their social circles.

Firstly, gecko droppings have a similar appearance to mouse droppings and not in the form of powder or dust. It could be that there are some types of wood boring insects inside or around the kitchen counter eating away the wood dust inside leaving the debris exposed on the counter or something similar above the counter causing the dust. It could be a multitude of things causing the problem, but absolutely it`s not geckos.

That's a little extreme, Juice, isn't it? After all, a vegetarian or Muslim could say the same thing about anyone that consumes pork. But thanks for the advice. I won't be killing geckos anytime soon wink.png

Annoying in the house.

That's a little extreme, Juice, isn't it? After all, a vegetarian or Muslim could say the same thing about anyone that consumes pork. But thanks for the advice. I won't be killing geckos anytime soon wink.png

Unless you plan to cook and eat these reptiles, than I guess this makes your comment irrelevant.

Nature places geckos among us for the purposes of keeping the insect populations down. The extremes are the people that kill them and my post still stands, those who would do them harm have serious psychological and anti-social issues

post-110219-0-45545600-1432974209_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

"Thanks. It's probably lizard sh!+. I tend to let em live b/c I've seen em eat roaches. Not sure I have the stomach for killing em anyway. Or the skill. They're kinda fast. Do you have a preferred method?"

I open the kitchen door and with a broom sort of herd them out the door. The lizards are great little bug killers so only thin the herd on occasion.

Annoying in the house.

"Anyone who regards the life of these living creatures as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the notion that other people are worthless too. These persons are inclined to be extremely territorial, selfish and placing their self interests first. Definitely not the sorts that make loyal friends or would want in their social circles."

I'm quite fond of the little critters as well...... But.... do you carry this EXTREME view toward flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, maggots, ants ?

Just wondering how large your circle of friends is.

If you have timber around the area it may be 'powder post' beetles?

We built a timber pole home and for at least 5 years there was dust everywhere. They mainly attacked the sapwood on the relatively new lumber and ply flooring. Once the timber had aged they settled down but the battle for ownership of the ply is ongoing.

Annoying in the house.

The tend to hide in all kind of holes, housings (socket-outlet etc.) and lay their eggs there

Thanks. It's probably lizard sh!+. I tend to let em live b/c I've seen em eat roaches.

The "grey dust" you described in the OP sounds just like roach crap.

If you've seen one, you probably have hundreds. I'd suggest you get some sticky type roach traps and see if they catch anything overnight

On a related note, Is there any bug spray that won't kill my lizards? (Mainly geckos) I kind of like having them patrolling for bugs in my place.