Cheap Vitamin C pills

h90

Better not to bother with Thai supplements, the quality is often inferior compared to US or European brands. I've also found the supplements to sit on the shelves for too long and the constant fluctuation in air temperature doesn't do the product any good either.

Check out www.iherb.com. Shipping to Thailand is usually only $2 to $4. I order like twice a month and have only been charged the standard 400 baht customs import fee two times last year.

What kind of vitamin C are you looking for? Plain ascorbic acid? Buffered? Liposomal?

And then, organic? Synthetic or from whole foods?

I get mine from local chemist shop ,small oval tablets,10THB for 50,

don't know about mg,just take two a day.

regards Worgeordie

I think I asked once...they contain not much...like 50 or so mg....I don't like to swallow 20 of it.

Better not to bother with Thai supplements, the quality is often inferior compared to US or European brands. I've also found the supplements to sit on the shelves for too long and the constant fluctuation in air temperature doesn't do the product any good either.

Check out www.iherb.com. Shipping to Thailand is usually only $2 to $4. I order like twice a month and have only been charged the standard 400 baht customs import fee two times last year.

What kind of vitamin C are you looking for? Plain ascorbic acid? Buffered? Liposomal?

Also expensive there for Vitamin C, but even together with the shipping cheaper than in Thailand.

Just looking for the cheapest Vitamin C...work all the same and don't care the source of it.....

Vitamin C as long as it is dry and don't get O2 can stay long and it all comes from the same factories, Vitamin C is produced in tons, it is added to all the fruit juice (replacing the destroyed one, not declared), flour for bread, sausage etc etc..

Also expensive there for Vitamin C, but even together with the shipping cheaper than in Thailand.

Just looking for the cheapest Vitamin C...work all the same and don't care the source of it.....

Vitamin C as long as it is dry and don't get O2 can stay long and it all comes from the same factories, Vitamin C is produced in tons, it is added to all the fruit juice (replacing the destroyed one, not declared), flour for bread, sausage etc etc..

I use c-force 1000 60 tablets 250baht, yes it is just ascorbic acid but it is packaged marketed and transported. Also remember taking pure ascorbic acid will cause your digestive track to act up.. I take 2 to 4 thousand of the cforce and have taken up to 8thousand when sick without any problem.

I use c-force 1000 60 tablets 250baht, yes it is just ascorbic acid but it is packaged marketed and transported. Also remember taking pure ascorbic acid will cause your digestive track to act up.. I take 2 to 4 thousand of the cforce and have taken up to 8thousand when sick without any problem.

Where did you find that? No problems for me if I take just 1-2 gram a day. Thing is you must split the dose to be effective and not getting any problems.

Staff had the flue/cold I gave him 100 gram of Vitamin C powder and told him 3 time not to use more than a tea spoon full. Next day he came green in his face....He told he put half the pack into the water and than he was sitting all the night on the toilet cheesy.gif

the old saying "you get what you pay for" is certainly true.A good brand in boots pharmacy is an aussie brand named blackmore's.They are expensive for example 150 tabs 1000mg vitamin C slow releasing is about 800 baht.built into this price will be customs duty probably but i can vouch that they are 2nd to none.I have tried their vitamin c ,B complex and magnesium....all good.

A sydney naturopath recommended them to me.

why would you buy cheap vit c ? where do you think the source of this vit c comes from? ...GMO Corn ..... a far better alternative natural source is Amalaki ...and available here....

Corn? I doubt that. I think GMO Microorganism (like many medicine) , but where is the problem in the cleaned Vitamin C is no trace of the organism or the DNA. That is no problem at all.

h90 ...watch an independent doco called King Corn ..it may change your mind ... Corn is in the DNA of many americans due to the massive amount used in food production ....

Don't understand me wrong, I am complete against GMA food production. But I doubt that GMO corn is used for Vitamin C production, it is GMO bacteria or yeast (but well they may get feed with GMO corn).

But the Vitamin C is (should) be free of any traces of DNA from the production....the same like Whiskey is free of any traces of DNA. So no danger for healthy if GMO plants are used.

(But of course the environmental problem still exists).

If the human would include GMO corn DNA into the own DNA, humans would also include non GMO corn, tomato, beef, pork DNA into their own, but they don't. (Well I am not so sure for the pork DNAgigglem.gif ).

As well we eat lots of artificial Vitamin C every day....All the 100% fruit juice loose their Vitamin C and it get added later again, sausage get Vitamin C, flour for bread, many other foods as antioxidants.

So I don't care much about the source.

Ascorbic acid is considered Vit-c and is what has been used in all of the test and research for effectivenes. I get the G-force at my local pharmacy in a orange box. Have to remember that your body will use what it needs when I have taken 8,000mg it has been in two hour periods over the course of the day. and no problems. Inthe vien is the best if you can swing up to 50,000mg no problem.

I think people are missing the point that cdmtdm makes, that pills from chemist/supermarket are made by big pharmacompanies who use the cheapest fillers available, one of which is GMO corn (its in nearly every single thing in the supermarket now from sauces to skincare). Why not look for natural sources of Vitamin C, many of which grow naturally here in Asia like Amalaki......??

I think people are missing the point that cdmtdm makes, that pills from chemist/supermarket are made by big pharmacompanies who use the cheapest fillers available, one of which is GMO corn (its in nearly every single thing in the supermarket now from sauces to skincare). Why not look for natural sources of Vitamin C, many of which grow naturally here in Asia like Amalaki......??

How many pounds would I have to eat to get the same Vit C as in 1 tablet of 1000 mg? And how much would that quantity of fruit cost?

I appreciate that there are natural alternatives, but I often find out I'd have to eat all I could stand- morning, noon and night- to get the same dose. And as a bonus, get the trots that come with eating pounds and pounds of fruit.

Then some doctor will come along and tell me it has too much potassium or arsenic and I need to cut way back or risk stopping my heart.

(Keep in mind this rant isn't specific to that one fruit, just years and years of chasing the "panacea food de jour", only to find out that high quality vitamin tablets are the most efficient solution)

2 online site I have found are:

http://www.puritanthailand.com/

http://www.biovea.com/th/

I used to order from vitacost but this year it seems the government has cracked down on vitamins being imported. Was told I needed a license to import medicine. Had never had a problem before this.

Have been looking for reasonably priced alternatives here. These 2 seem the best. I have not used either yet. I know someone that uses Puritans with no problem. Don't really like their website design though.

Actually a couple of others too but less impressed with them.

http://www.vitaminsthailand.com/ ( a lot of 'call for price' on this one)

http://www.healthshop.in.th/?lang=th

Anyone has seen cheap Vitamin C?

500 or 1000 mg?

That in the supermarket pharmacies have crazy prices? Vitamin C itself costs almost nothing.

what about ascorbic acid in bulk from restaurant supply store?

Do you know where is restaurant supply store? And do they have it?

2 online site I have found are:

http://www.puritanthailand.com/

http://www.biovea.com/th/

I used to order from vitacost but this year it seems the government has cracked down on vitamins being imported. Was told I needed a license to import medicine. Had never had a problem before this.

Have been looking for reasonably priced alternatives here. These 2 seem the best. I have not used either yet. I know someone that uses Puritans with no problem. Don't really like their website design though.

Actually a couple of others too but less impressed with them.

http://www.vitaminsthailand.com/ ( a lot of 'call for price' on this one)

http://www.healthshop.in.th/?lang=th

I love the Puritans webpage...It is always said that your webpage should be different than others. They have done it :-))

But they are all expensive....

500 or 1000 mg?

That in the supermarket pharmacies have crazy prices? Vitamin C itself costs almost nothing.

I grew up in the Linus Pauling thing about vitamin C. He said to take 10,000 units of it each day. I went to a health store in the US and I saw "ascorbic acid." I bought a ton of it in bulk.

Anyway, around the same time I was working at a pizza place. We'd chopped the salad each morning and throw it into a sink and had this #10 can of "ascorbic acid" and we'd put in whatever amount was necessary. It sucks up the oxygen, basically, that in in the water on the salad in water in the sink. This girl I was working with said, "Man, I'll never eat that acid stuff, sounds bad." I told her it was simply vitamin C. She still did not buy it.

Anyway, I don't find it useful to take. I think you need other things in your blood to ABSORB the vitamin C, right? C doesn't work alone, but maybe if you have it with oranges or something?

I can't really help, I'm in America at the moment, but plan to be in Thailand in a couple of years or so...good luck.

But, yeah, a restaurant supply store would sell it in big cans because restaurants (at least in America) use it for salad to keep it fresh longer. Things last longer without oxygen.

500 or 1000 mg?

I grew up in the Linus Pauling thing about vitamin C. He said to take 10,000 units of it each day. I went to a health store in the US and I saw "ascorbic acid." I bought a ton of it in bulk.

Anyway, around the same time I was working at a pizza place. We'd chopped the salad each morning and throw it into a sink and had this #10 can of "ascorbic acid" and we'd put in whatever amount was necessary. It sucks up the oxygen, basically, that in in the water on the salad in water in the sink. This girl I was working with said, "Man, I'll never eat that acid stuff, sounds bad." I told her it was simply vitamin C. She still did not buy it.

Anyway, I don't find it useful to take. I think you need other things in your blood to ABSORB the vitamin C, right? C doesn't work alone, but maybe if you have it with oranges or something?

I can't really help, I'm in America at the moment, but plan to be in Thailand in a couple of years or so...good luck.

But, yeah, a restaurant supply store would sell it in big cans because restaurants (at least in America) use it for salad to keep it fresh longer. Things last longer without oxygen.

Vitamin C works alone. Against scorbut (spelling?) just the white powder in water works. All just propaganda that it can't be absorbed.

But of course it wouldn't hurt to solve it in some orange juice instead.

most vitamin c is just fake

it is synthetic ascorbic acid, that is just the outer ring of vitamin c

better try with real organic foods

Ascorbic Acid=Vitamin C and the synthetic one cures perfectly scorbut.

The structure of Vitamin C is known since the 1930s and there is no outer or inner ring.

H90 ..its not about Vit C ..its about cheap Vit C ..its cheap for a reason ....

I might be wrong and cynical but I think the difference between cheap and expensive Vit. C is just the marketing and both come out from the same factory somewhere in China.

(add: just found the price is something like 2-7 USD per kg, so even the best one, say it costs 10 times = 70 USD/kg is nowhere near what they charge for the cheapest pills).

most vitamins are of dubious efficacy, even just 1 MVI / day ; except in the malnuriated ; or unless your deficient because of some other issues, eg a need medication that depletes particular vitamins, Vit C it seems is hardly used anymore

doesn't mean needless billions aren't spent "just to give it a try"

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder the effectiveness and absorption of vitamins and vitamin c.

Apparently ascorbic acid kills beneficial bacteria in your gut.

A good vit c supplement includes bioflavinoids, a complex group of c's.

How about some lime juice?

I wonder the effectiveness and absorption of vitamins and vitamin c.

Apparently ascorbic acid kills beneficial bacteria in your gut.

A good vit c supplement includes bioflavinoids, a complex group of c's.

How about some lime juice?

no it does not kill beneficial gut bacteria (and how would it know which are bad and which are good gut bacteria)

And while bioflavinoids are good it works without.

I guess eating 3.5 kg lime per day won't do good for my gut bacteria.