Ranong Immigration.

I got knocked back last month on my marriage extension . Reasons given. The embassy letter did not state the income in Thai Baht, and after 10 years a joint bank account is now not acceptable. . Just started the process again and the document from the British Embassy, clearly states Immigration do not require the income converted to Thai Baht.

Very odd!

Joint bank accounts have never been acceptable for "extension of stay" applications.

In your case if extending on the basis of "income" no bank account is required.

lncome letters from the British Embassy are never converted to Thai Bht.

Well I might be screwed then. They showed me one from a Swedish expat. Also 1 stupid comment from immigration. "Your bank is using the wrong exchange rate." They must think the pension company is paying in cash. beatdeadhorse.gif

I have used 7 income affidavits to do my extensions based upon marriage and all of the them are in dollars. There is no choice to do it in baht on the form I fill out.

Perhaps download it and show it to them.. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/income_affidavit_retirees.pdf

The UK one is just a form, and you can put in the currency of choice. However as most of us know, each office is a law unto itself, or so they think.

What you need to do is go there.. arrange an entire day with staff, using a translator

Then spend the day teaching them how to do their job....

Nobody else is doing it and thats why they reply with stupid answers.....

-sic-

• Like 1

Probably familiar with the way Thai immigration offices work, the author of the UK form left open the possibility that an immigration office may require declaration of the income in Thai Baht. See the texts highlighted in yellow on the attached form.

attachicon.gifUK embassy letter - annotated.pdf

I think that may also be there for income from other countries than the UK. They will accept income proof from anywhere,

• Like 2

Probably familiar with the way Thai immigration offices work, the author of the UK form left open the possibility that an immigration office may require declaration of the income in Thai Baht. See the texts highlighted in yellow on the attached form.

attachicon.gifUK embassy letter - annotated.pdf

I think that may also be there for income from other countries than the UK. They will accept income proof from anywhere,

Indeed the BE will accept evidence of income in any denomination as long as the source can be identified and evidenced.

I have two income streams one in £ and the other in $ but no problems with immigration who usually ask me what the current exchange rate(s) are smile.png

Joint account for extension of stay has been accepted at Chonburi Immigration as long as the account balance at 50% meets the required amount.

Maybe for an extension based upon retirement but not one based upon marriage.

Many offices that were accepting joint accounts no longer accept them. You might want to check before you do your next extension.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally went back this morning. 1st in, no mention of the letter not being for baht. Sat there for the best part of 3 hours, while they did the paperwork, 1 hour added on waiting for the officer to turn up for work. Got the under consideration stamp. Next time I'll take my bed. I felt sorry for the lady who was waiting in 2nd place.

well, after a similar experience at samut prakan yesterday it seems to me that 'they' just don't want us here any more.

Her in doors wants to go to Penang next year.. Too many personal questions that we never had before.

well, after a similar experience at samut prakan yesterday it seems to me that 'they' just don't want us here any more.

Her in doors wants to go to Penang next year.. Too many personal questions that we never had before.

What do you hope to get from Penang ?

What do you hope to get from Penang ?

A Non -O visa based on marriage, no hassles and great street food. With all the messing about I've had, it won't be much more expensive either,

• 1 month later...

OK so the waiting period was to the 12th which was the Sunday just gone. On Friday my wife called to ask about progress. No news, so it was mentioned it was due on the 12th, she was talking to the boss who said no problem. Called again Monday, same answers. We are at the hospital that afternoon, waiting for them to unplug her half brother, I got the call. It's approved but we are closed, come back tomorrow. We went back and the piece of work is going through my passport. She calls the boss over, and she is bickering for an overstay charge. She lost, I hope her stay there is a short one.