Defiant soccer chief Blatter resists calls to resign amid scandal

webfact

I will admit that I don't know much about FIFA and it's workings and that what I am about to say is an opinion based only on the nationality of most of the officials indited. but I think part of the problem. is that many of the officials implicated in these scandals are from countries where the culture is such, that it allows this kind of behavior. Did Blatter chose these people? How can he be held responsible for their behavior? Some one who knows more about this than me.(most peopletongue.png ) could perhaps answer this questions

PS:FIFA scandal: Sepp Blatter wins another term as president

I will admit that I don't know much about FIFA and it's workings and that what I am about to say is an opinion based only on the nationality of most of the officials indited.

but I think part of the problem. is that many of the officials implicated in these scandals are from countries where the culture is such, that it allows this kind of behavior.

Did Blatter chose these people? How can he be held responsible for their behavior?

Some one who knows more about this than me.(most peopletongue.png ) could perhaps answer this questions

PS:FIFA scandal: Sepp Blatter wins another term as president

Simple: Blatter buys votes.

Blatter = horrible, self-absorbed, doddery old arrogant dried plum -- there is a lot of Swiss in him. He should never have been allowed to consistently be reelected to the bloated anachronism that is FIFA. But I hope he stays on and the big FA's boycott both Russia and Qatar (what a joke) as a result because neither is worthy and hopefully by that time (if he isn't dead already), he'll realise just how much he is despised by people/countries that matter. Bad eggs all around.

It will be up to the Europeans and North Americans, along with a few of the honest Latin America and Asian countries to make a stand. Time to let UEFA do what it needs to do and to support the FA when it refuses to go to Qatar.

Unless Putin changes his position on the Ukraine, I would expect many EU countries will not be going to the Russian hosted series either.

Lot of talk about UEFA boycott of FIFA now...

Since the Ukraine invasion I suspect many countries would be behind the Boycott of the 2018 world cup if it is to be held in Russia as planned.

FIFA is based in Switzerland and Sepp Blatter is Swiss, yet I find it hard to imagine a level play field in Switzerland.wai2.gif

England will back European boycott of 2018 World Cup - Dyke

England would back a European boycott of the 2018 World Cup in protest at the re-election of Sepp Blatter as Fifa president, says Greg Dyke.

A boycott will be considered by European football's governing body Uefa when it meets next week in Berlin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32943765

Edited by Basil B

what had people expected ?

the big European countries plus some South American countries create the product, Blatter's FIFA cashes in the revenue only to feed the plentiful smaller and meaningless countries with the money.

As long as every tiny country, meaningless to world football, has the same voting right as the heavyweights, nothing will change. It will only get worse.

And I doubt the European associations are united enough to create a revolution