Phuket death bungee ordered closed indefinitely

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is no insurance for some homemade bungee jumping as no insurance is that stupid to issue a policy to those kind of fly by night operations.

The only one of which I know have insurance is Flight of the Gibbon and some ZipLine operators.

Bungee jumping has no insurance but if the Kuwaiti would have bought a Travel Insurance or lets hope he book his flight on a credit card he might be covered.

Fly by night operation that had been in business for 13 years? Very long night.

They said no insurance if that is true then it is the local administration that is at real fault, if insurance was compulsory which it should have been an insurance certificate should have been registered before it was allowed to operate. So it is possible that the town official is the owner, if you know what I mean.

It is also possible there was no insurance requirement, if you know what I mean.

I wonder if they also use a secondary harness...

Having done the 134m Nevis Bungee in NZ, not only are our feet strapped in (in the traditional Bungee manner), we also wear a body harness which is also tethered to the Bungee - Thus, IF the foot strapping were to fail we would be secured by the secondary harness.

I wouldn't Bungee or Sky Dive in Thailand - I've done both in NZ without any great concern.

" We have had some small accidents here which have resulted in minor injuries " I wonder what caused those. " You will be ok in a minute when the bump has gone down ; ok next one please for a jump you will remember " One jump I remember in Pattaya..................sorry drifting off topic.

It is almost impossible for the Velcro Bands to open if attached properly.

There should be double safety, I jumped the Victoria Bridge Bungee and know how safe it is.

So it is probably as usual untrained Staff or outdated Equipment.

No Insurance should get the owner locked away for a long time, but if our glorious Mayor is involved

herself then family can not be far in the business.

clap2.gifwai2.gifcoffee1.gif

Rest in Peace poor man.

They said no insurance if that is true then it is the local administration that is at real fault, if insurance was compulsory which it should have been an insurance certificate should have been registered before it was allowed to operate. So it is possible that the town official is the owner, if you know what I mean.

we know, and everyone know who is the real owner, or get at least the table money !!

3rd world !

People have short memories:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/6261301/Man-survives-165ft-fall-after-bungee-accident-in-Thailand.html

If Jungle bungy later became World bungy it must be the same place ........ except this guy did it over water and lived ....just.

Brings into question the perfect safety record.

That's definitely the one I jumped off, looks like I had a lot of close shaves in Thailand.

And, there was no insurance.

Maybe tourists coming to Thailand should be made aware that some tourist attractions have no insurance.

And I don't think buying insurance in ones own country before one departs will cover you for dangerous activities.

Operating illegally since 13 years. How many pockets have been filled in 13 years of people looking away ?

Taxes, insurances, company registrations: All never paid or just no have. Risking tourists life on a daily basis and cheating again and again whikst smiling ridiculously. All in the middle of Patong.

Holy crap, this is not even 3rd word this is worse than Syria or IS.

Confused ! The story headline says "Phuket death bungee ordered closed indefinitely".

But in the body of the story it states "She has also ordered officials to inspect all equipment at the facility and insure that the facility meets new laws and regulations ....".

I guess "indefinitely" is not "definite".

I used the word 'cowboy' with reservation in my previous post on this tragedy. As it now seems they were not insured I remove that reservation; they were clearly cowboys. Anywhere in the world where health and safety is taken seriously, this would be treated like a crime scene and completely sealed so that there is no tampering with evidence by the OPERATOR; otherwise they'd be in even deeper trouble for not securing the scene and thus potentially tampering with evidence.

In New Zealand (and presumably elsewhere) there have been substantial advances made in terms of the critical ankle attachment system; a natural evolution / industrialisation of the activity as it becomes more professional / commercially oriented.

Insurance is mandatory for all bungy / bungee operators in New Zealand, presumably underwritten by one or more of the big international insurance companies, and thus is available for those who want it in Thailand.

Like I said; cowboys.

Like I said in my previous post; get in some REAL experts from New Zealand if you are serious about investigating this properly.

And I'd be interested to see the new regulations...who wrote them? Where did they get the standards from? Who is the industry expert who is going to ensure compliance? What background / qualifications does the health and safety inspectorate have in this activity? Or just another cowboy in a uniform?

"...building regulations have been used as a guide for setting up bungee jumps which fall under the jurisdiction…"

building regulations? no wonder there was an accident. TIT. Another hit for TAT.

Sorry for the victim.

People have short memories:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/6261301/Man-survives-165ft-fall-after-bungee-accident-in-Thailand.html

If Jungle bungy later became World bungy it must be the same place ........ except this guy did it over water and lived ....just.

Brings into question the perfect safety record.

There is one jump in Patong and there is-was? another one, near Kathu on-over a lagoon.

Some miles from Patong.

That will be the place from this video. blink.png

http://phuketbungy.com/location.html

Edited by ALFREDO

If he's from Kuwait and Muslim then he's in a better place now anyway, partying in paradise with 80 wifes.

I think for that you have to die as a martyr, not from a jumping accident. blink.png