Paypal Mastercard

Hey All,

I recently got a paypal business mastercard which is liinked to my UK paypal account see

m9m17b.jpg

I called paypal to ask about if its possible to withdraw in Thailand from an ATM and if so what are the charges, I spoke to an american lady who didnt seem to know her arse from her elbow so I took what she said with a pinch of salt as she just said 'Yeaw' to everything I asked.

Any of you guys tried to with draw from a paypal mastercard and if so did it work? what was the fee`s?

Say if I drew out 5000 bhat what is that ultimately going to cost me from my paypal balance?

Cheers all

Edited by ryanhull

lol sure, would you like my pin too? go steady though

Please ask the mod to remove the picture and post one with the numbers black.

I for example can charge your card without the security code.

If some bad guy takes your number and orders something reasonable with me I could charge your card without problems....

Well, 10,000 bhat from an ATM machine using my paypal mastercard cost me £203.09

Note: the ATM asked me if I would like to use my countries rate or the thai exchange? something along those lines anyway and I have not seen it ask me that before, I choose keep my countries rate, not sure if that was good or bad.

All in all I think that is actually cheaper than using my natwest visa debit.

So might be worth while bank transferring to paypal and using a paypal mastercard?

Cheers

lol OK.....I just saw the card and got a shock that someone may loose money now.....

If it isn't your card and expired already, than everything is good.....

The consecutive digits 0123456789 on the card number was a pretty good clue it was a generic image, but I like your reaction on that anyway :)

Note: the ATM asked me if I would like to use my countries rate or the thai exchange? something along those lines anyway and I have not seen it ask me that before, I choose keep my countries rate, not sure if that was good or bad.

Pretty sure that choosing local currency is a better option when making any transaction in a foreign country but others may be able to confirm this

lol sure, would you like my pin too? go steady though

Please ask the mod to remove the picture and post one with the numbers black.

I for example can charge your card without the security code.

If some bad guy takes your number and orders something reasonable with me I could charge your card without problems....

Look at the card closely it has card holder

Printed for a name.

I don't think the op is called card holder

I wish you could get a Paypal debit card on a Thai based Paypal account but as of not that is not possible sad.png

does the Thai ATM also take the 150-180 baht fee plus the fee Paypal charges you ?

It does yes, its been pretty good though for example I have used it here in cambodia for dollars and it worked, plus paid a few things online. I like it as I often have paypal money sat in my account from selling things on ebay and what not, so it is good as it just takes it off my PP balance, sure I could send that money to my bank anyway but I often keep a bit of paypal balance for slype credit/agoda bookings and so on.

Why not just get a Thai bank account?

Or an ATM card that does no charge fees?

I have a UK natwest account currently, and a Thai account in my wifes name but unused and I have the card access to it, problem is I would still have to pay to transfer from my natwest to it but your correct I should really transfer larger bits and use the Thai card saving the 180bhat each time, then again I prefer keeping my money in my UK natwest account usually... I know the fraud team at natwest have got me out of a few pickles.

All in all I would say the paypal access mastercard is a bit different than your standard card with it using your paypal balance, pretty impressed with it so far despite the slightly steap rates, has a nice online menu/statement too.

Cheers