price for baht bus ?

bapoboy

If we come from Bangkok to Pattaya then we simply get a taxi from DMK straight to the hotel. Last time we came in November 2014 we took executive taxi [pictured]. Time before we rode a regular cab.

Depends on how flush I feel. The trip won't be broken with a ride on a baht bus. I'm not getting on a baht bus with all the luggage, that's for sure.

you seem to have things mixed up.

I don't know where you are arriving, but it certainly isn't the north bus station with a taxi like that.

I am there every week to pick up my gal. I have never seen anything like that there.

And I don't know what year some posters were paying 20 baht, but it most certainly is not in this decade.

Price is 50 baht now. For tourists.

If we come from Bangkok to Pattaya then we simply get a taxi from DMK straight to the hotel. Last time we came in November 2014 we took executive taxi [pictured]. Time before we rode a regular cab.

Depends on how flush I feel. The trip won't be broken with a ride on a baht bus. I'm not getting on a baht bus with all the luggage, that's for sure.

I don't know where you are arriving, but it certainly isn't the north bus station with a taxi like that.

I am there every week to pick up my gal. I have never seen anything like that there.

And I don't know what year some posters were paying 20 baht, but it most certainly is not in this decade.

Strange. I used the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya Nortg bus station every couple of weeks for 4 years and always paid the displayed fare of 20 baht for the baht bus to Beach Road and so did everyone else!

For those Darkside bound, like me, I walk east to Sukhumvit and cross. There are white and blue baht buses. I get off at Nern Pub Wan and pay 10 baht (although I had a couple of drivers run off with my 20-baht bill. Which is why you should always have correct change.) There's a red one that turns left into Nern Pub Wan. Perfect for me. I give the guy 20 baht for taking me another 1+ km.

Does anyone read posts on this thread before responding?

Bapoboy "i usally travel between bangkok and pattaya and i use to take baht bus from the north pattaya bus station to beach rd."

Forkinhades "???? There are no baht buses that go from Pattaya to Bangkok. That I'm aware of......"

Seems to be catching:

Wooloomooloo - "If we come from Bangkok to Pattaya then we simply get a taxi from DMK straight to the hotel. Last time we came in November 2014 we took executive taxi [pictured]."

Weblo "you seem to have things mixed up. I don't know where you are arriving, but it certainly isn't the north bus station with a taxi like that."

laugh.png

I always paid 20 baht from bus station to beach road.

I "usually pay 20 baht from the bus statoin to Beach Road" but a couple weekends ago I got on the songtaew with tourists and the driver said it was 30 baht. I was sitting at the rear end because I would be getting off at soi 4 off Beach Road. I said to the driver, "No, it is twenty-baht" (with a fake Thai smile of course). He repeated 30 baht again and I said, "You have paper show 30baht?" (Note: Before the tolls and critics start accusing me of being "Cheap Charlie" it deals with someone who is being dishonest and taking advantage of the Asian tourists. Also, after sitting there in the heat like sardines waiting for him to finish yacking away with his cronnie friends didn't deserve a 10 baht increase. When I asked the second time about the new charge of 30 baht he gave me one of those angry stares so I kept my mouth shut. When it was time from me to get off at my soi, I rung the bell, very loud...the hot-head continued driving...I pressed the bell again and he continued to ignore it...some Korean fellow banged on the cab and with my continuous ringing he finally stopped. I guess it was his way to get even with me questioning the cost. I was not in the mood to take a photo of his songtaew's ID number, besides he probably would have jumped out of his "baht bus" and hit me with a crowbar. gigglem.gif

It is not worth arguing at all with these scumbags.

They will beat you up for nothing and nobody will help you if they do.

I normally cross the road and get a songtaew on the other side or if I have luggage hire my own personal songtaew which costs about 120 baht down to Pattaya Klang.

From the bus station you normally pay 30 to 50 baht to get to beach road, the baht bus will be fully packed with tourists. But included in that price are often drop off at the hotel or if you know which soi the driver will take you there. If you instead choose to cross the street opposite the bus station , just wait fior the 10 baht bus.

Edited by balo

It is not worth arguing at all with these scumbags.

That is so true.

As I posted about before, one time I was indeed physically assaulted for rejecting what I thought was an overcharge. The driver's attitude was he was above the law.

More recently, when 20 was demanded when I paid 10, I just whipped out the 20 without objection, and the driver STILL wanted to fight!

I tried bargaining with a couple of these drivers. 'rich farangs' get charged like crazy, and no driver would take me down to Jom Tien beach for less than 300baht!!!

For the rest of the week I paid 10 baht per trip to get around, but those guys who get into the bus station are real rip-off merchants.

For my return, I took the bus from Jom Tien to the airport and it was far less than my trip down to Jom Tien beach. Then airport transfer to Don Muang at no cost.

Those guys in the bus station are doing a real dis-service to tourism in Thailand. bah.gif

Strange. I used the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya Nortg bus station every couple of weeks for 4 years and always paid the displayed fare of 20 baht for the baht bus to Beach Road and so did everyone else!

Do you mean 20 Baht to the Dolphin roundabout where Beach Road starts, or further along maybe to Mikes Mall? I cross the road from the bus station, never had to wait long, pay 10 Bt to the Dolphin Roundabout. then cross the road to Beach Road and pay another 10 Baht to Mikes Mall.

I never use the Baht busses in the bus station, they are a bunch of crooks, one even tried to charge me extra for my luggage, one small case which I use for cabin luggage on the plane.

Do you mean 20 Baht to the Dolphin roundabout where Beach Road starts, or further along maybe to Mikes Mall? I cross the road from the bus station, never had to wait long, pay 10 Bt to the Dolphin Roundabout. then cross the road to Beach Road and pay another 10 Baht to Mikes Mall.

I never use the Baht busses in the bus station, they are a bunch of crooks, one even tried to charge me extra for my luggage, one small case which I use for cabin luggage on the plane.

It's 20/30 baht from the bus station to Walking Street (or where the bus turns on to 2nd Road or continues on to Jomtien). There is no extra charge for baggage.

BTW Don't think it is just tourists or farangs these scumbags will rip off they don't mind ripping off thais either and most thais would never argue with them either as they know exactly what these guys are capable of doing.

Further to that don't ever expect much help from the local BIB because many of the songtaews are owned by the BIB!

From the bus station you normally pay 30 to 50 baht to get to beach road, the baht bus will be fully packed with tourists. But included in that price are often drop off at the hotel or if you know which soi the driver will take you there. If you instead choose to cross the street opposite the bus station , just wait fior the 10 baht bus.

yes last time the songtaeow drop evey single person outside their hotel if they paid 50 baht, but hey that's ok, but 30 if you go to beach road, but it's not allways they will drop you off outisde your hotel and they will still charge you 50 baht.....

50 or 30 baht isnt that much money. smile.png

they charge the thai same price as they charge the foreginer.

i allways thake it to the beach rd but they charge never the same price, it is allways between 30 and 50 baht. UP TO THE DRIVER I THINK IT IS ! haha

I just returned from BKK by bus today. Took one of those blue sardine cans on wheels for 30 baht. Yes, the college age Koreans thought it was an adventure. One Korean fellow sitting next to me said in broken English, "This is something I expect north Korea to have- ha ha" Then later while riding down North Pattaya he and his girlfriend were taking photos with their Samsung along of the low hanging wires as if that was a tourist attraction

I just returned from BKK by bus today. Took one of those blue sardine cans on wheels for 30 baht. Yes, the college age Koreans thought it was an adventure. One Korean fellow sitting next to me said in broken English, "This is something I expect north Korea to have- ha ha" Then later while riding down North Pattaya he and his girlfriend were taking photos with their Samsung along of the low hanging wires as if that was a tourist attraction

The cabling in Thailand is always popular with tourists, as are families on motorbikes without helmets!

The cabling in Thailand is always popular with tourists, as are families on motorbikes without helmets!

Or only 3 of the 7 people on the motorbike wearing helmet rolleyes.gif

In all seriousness, I think the 10 baht baht bus rides to get from one part of Pattya to another are a huge attraction to me and I enjoy it immensely. It beats walking. The price has been like that the last 10 years I have been visiting. I like the open air. I like to be able to look at all the shops as we drive by. If a traffic jam pops up, just hop off, pay up and go get a foot massage or a bite to eat. chilling out in Pattya is OK

Well I thought Pattaya BB & Taxis were a rip off, well that is until I ventured to pastures new on my last trip out, and went to Samui, there you really get ripped off. sad.png

Yeah or on Phuket, try to get from Karon Beach to Patong for the night and back. What a racket they got there. I always liked the convenience of Pattaya.