Thai couple arrested for stealing from farang’s houses

OK I am British and not Thai, but I am confused. Why steal all this stuff if you are not going to sell it to make money?

Seems pointless going to prison and not getting a good life before hand.

Because most devices been locked by the owners and or had passwords set on them. All unlocked devices they sold immediately. Pawn shops are suspicious about locked devices.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be the same guy that robbed neighbor of mine. He called the guy to the fence of his house and pretended to ask questions. The neighbor was trying to help when he had a gold chain yanked from around his neck.

The robber then sped off on his motorbike before the neighbor could open his gate to chase him down.

If it is, the police did a great job of tracking these two down. They were getting more emboldened by their prior successes and it was just a matter of time before someone would get hurt during one of their robberies.

Some said their items have been mortgaged to pawnshops. So what is the Law here in that situation. Isnt it the pawnshops loss?

Yes, I couldn't quite understand that. Did they pawn them and then pay to get them back - which seems stupid if you stole them to obtain money.

Or, did they admit to the police they had pawned goods and then the cops recovered them?. Why would they admit to pawning items anyway?.

All seems a bit odd.facepalm.gif

How would they had known the residents were not at home and when? Possibly the apartments were being watched by a security guard and their movements reported to the couple.

According to lady's words in most cases they robbed the houses while residents were at home even in a daytime. Their last robbery they did at night time when the house was full of sleeping people.

Please show where in the OP it says this?

A few days ago a topic was 'Where would you live in Hua-Hin ' or something similar , and I mentioned that despite security our house was broken into twice. The first time cash for my next visa run was stolen, the next time a safe that we had bought just 3 days before was lifted. also an MP3 camera , a tiny thing was stolen. Funny thing was as the BIB turned up so did my camera , it was found by one of the staff who works permanately on site. There on the screen in full action replay were the ones who had stolen the camera ,posing, My gf at the time went to show the indoors plod while I was showing the outdoors plod where the window had been forced and she pressed delete by mistake. Oh she lost a couple of rings too ;not a scam on her part.

How would they had known the residents were not at home and when? Possibly the apartments were being watched by a security guard and their movements reported to the couple.

According to lady's words in most cases they robbed the houses while residents were at home even in a daytime. Their last robbery they did at night time when the house was full of sleeping people.

jeez..

How do you think I got pictures from her apartment?? I don't think you have seen them in Bangkok Post..

Good job for HuaHin police, I really thought Hua Him must be different from other towns of Thailand,m but I was proven wrong no doubt.

I would not be handing out any metals for crack detective work...

They committed 30 burglaries... And it seems they only stumbled across the perpatrators because of some Russians who were robbed amd did some cursory detective work of their own...

You would think after say the 10th robbery a good detective would get off his a$$ and visit a few paw shops and check the inventory of IPads coffee1.gif

Oh well, now the BIB have to do some reports which they hate, you would think they did all the detective work, when in fact it was a Farang who did the major work, but hay you know how they love photo's

The couple must have had inside help.

a roll of toilet paper also shown as being stolen? good grief someone check out their bath rooms for "critters"

Ha Ha...Party Is Now Over.......You Chumps.........

A few weeks in Jail and no drugs will make them sick as dogs....and then...... for added measure.....off to prison for several years.

In prison they can buy their drugs and start the cycle all over again and when they get out of prison, then most likely start robbing people again....as thieving and robbing is known to be somewhat far easier than working for a living.

Such is the life of drug addicts.

Cheers

The world wide P/ Yahba , Ice Problem

Junkies will steal off anyone, brother , sister, father , Mother. Theft or housebreakings are so common now in NZ that your lucky if the police attend.

One of my Thai friends was leaving a supermarket in Auckland when a man stepped up to her and said he was security and he wanted to check her bag, she ran back inside and the guy fled.

At least the Thai police have caught a couple , might go down and see if my lap top is in the collection.

OK I am British and not Thai, but I am confused. Why steal all this stuff if you are not going to sell it to make money?

Seems pointless going to prison and not getting a good life before hand.

low information burglers I reckon

Archived