Thai couple arrested for stealing from farang’s houses

talay-hua-hin.jpg

Photo Credit: Talay Hua Hin

Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan:- A Thai couple have been arrested for stealing from houses of foreigners in Hua Hin during the past six months, police said.

Police paraded Thawalchai Thawilsuk, 37, and Surintha Khumsup, 31, at a press conference at the Hua Hin police station.

Over 100 stolen items were displayed at the press conference where over some 10 farang also attended to check their valuables. The items included iPad tablets, notebook computers, mobile phones, watches, cameras, passports, handbags, brand name bags, gold necklaces, amulets, gold rings and several others.

Hua Hin police chief Pol Col Chaiyakorn Sriladecho said the two were arrested at a rented room on Soi Hua Hin 45/1 in the downtown.

The farang residents of Hua Hin checked the items and several found their stolen valuables. Some said their items have been mortgaged to pawnshops.

Chaiyakorn told the press conference that the two had been riding a motorcycle to housing estates where foreigners are living and broke into houses when the residents were absent.

Chaiyakorn said the two broke into the houses both in the daytime and nighthime. They often sold the stolen items outside Hua Hin and used the money to buy drugs and visit entertainment venues.

Chaiyakorn said the Hua Hin police station has received complaints for over 30 farang residents that their houses have been broken into their valuables were stolen so police conducted an investigation and learned the identities of the two thieves.

The Hua Hin police chief said the woman used to work in a beer bar and had a farang boyfriend and she once lived abroad before she returned to Hua Hin after breaking up with her boyfriend.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hua Hin police chief said the woman used to work in a beer bar and had a farang boyfriend and she once lived abroad before she returned to Hua Hin after breaking up with her boyfriend.

Or the "boy fried broke up with her? She looks so innocent to me, does anybody have her contact details? bah.gif

theres that 'F' word again

sad.png

I think in this case the 'F' word is a good choice.

Instead of incompetent house owners/renters who don't have an idea about home security...................wink.png

Or the "boy fried broke up with her? She looks so innocent to me, does anybody have her contact details? bah.gif

Yes she is in Jail well hopefully

Almost all the work had been done by few Russian guys, one of whom been robbed by these Thai couple 3 days ago at Emerald village at soi 112. It looks like none been looking for this couple until they robbed the wrong people. The image of the Thai lady who tried to sell IPAD stolen from Russian family had been brought to police in 24 hours after robbery. And the next day one of the cops noticed her passing by near police station and followed her to her home.

Pictures from her home.

11073795_1086751094672854_70462612099310

11114780_1086751264672837_18383628734672

11119121_1086751161339514_83973428074394

11165320_1086751201339510_48272260198346

11246854_1086751124672851_77972472573683

11377237_1086751338006163_40473061749354

11390156_1086751374672826_32885054467094

11391366_1086751234672840_79979475134505

11140344_1086751391339491_11058897470344

Good story for a change. Quite a haul for the little beavers . . . . very untidy getting rid of the stuff.

In Australia at least, people can be charged "receiving" stolen goods. I don't know about pawn shops.

Ha Ha...Party Is Now Over.......You Chumps.........

A few weeks in Jail and no drugs will make them sick as dogs....and then...... for added measure.....off to prison for several years.

In prison they can buy their drugs and start the cycle all over again and when they get out of prison, then most likely start robbing people again....as thieving and robbing is known to be somewhat far easier than working for a living.

Such is the life of drug addicts.

Cheers

They'll only be fined and let go to perform their evil deeds again.

I think a fair punishment would be to hold them in a cell overnight while their house/apartment/squalid room is ransacked and every usable item from underwear to cutlery is removed and donated to the local Wat, to be passed out to the poor.

Some said their items have been mortgaged to pawnshops. So what is the Law here in that situation. Isnt it the pawnshops loss?

I was wondering the same thing, is it against the law for pawn shops to deal with stolen

merchandise or are they protected and will the owners of the stolen items have to pay to

get them back and recover there losses from the people who stole them. TIT so I really

do not know.

How would they had known the residents were not at home and when? Possibly the apartments were being watched by a security guard and their movements reported to the couple.

According to lady's words in most cases they robbed the houses while residents were at home even in a daytime. Their last robbery they did at night time when the house was full of sleeping people.

OK I am British and not Thai, but I am confused. Why steal all this stuff if you are not going to sell it to make money?

Seems pointless going to prison and not getting a good life before hand.

Drugs .... Not too different to druggies in the west

Don't quite understand your point? I also had a druggie trying to break into my house, 'not too different to druggies in the west' (as you say) but my happiness about the situation is quite a limited one. Glad these people got caught! Why should anyone suffer, just because they chose to be druggies?

OK I am British and not Thai, but I am confused. Why steal all this stuff if you are not going to sell it to make money?

Seems pointless going to prison and not getting a good life before hand.

Yeah I was wondering that too. Since it's mostly electronics they have, and seeing how that stuff devalues so quickly, you'd think they'd want to move it on before stealing some more, so all their wares are 'fresh'.

Any time there is a hiccup in life, it's worth turning it on its head and seeing what the benefits are. Perhaps the farang suddenly woke up and started chatting with friends in real life, and are now grateful to the robbers.

I had my phone stolen last month (from my person, not the house), and I didn't even bother getting another for a couple of weeks. After I did get one, I'm as likely to leave it at home as take it with me these days. I now keep my electronic life to the computer at home (like on this forum), and when I go out it's to meet real people. I think an old nokia with a cracked screen might be on the shopping list to solve the thieving and smartphone-zombie issues in one hit).

Some said their items have been mortgaged to pawnshops. So what is the Law here in that situation. Isnt it the pawnshops loss?

I was wondering the same thing, is it against the law for pawn shops to deal with stolen

merchandise or are they protected and will the owners of the stolen items have to pay to

get them back and recover there losses from the people who stole them. TIT so I really

do not know.

In the UK, pawn shops and places like Cash Converters should (if they're being run legitimately) keep records of ID produced by the person selling anything to them. Taking photos is quite common place as well.

If an item is stolen, they give all the appropriate details to the police and can make a request for the courts (if it gets that far) to make the thief pay compensation to the shop. There is usually no legal hassle for the shop in this circumstance, but they may have to write off the money they paid for the stolen items.

If the shop doesn't have the seller's ID, they would be considered to be handling stolen goods. They run the risk of prosecution unless they have a very good reason for breaking the normal 'protocols' that allow these shops to operate.

Archived