The French Bistro 89 and now the Baguette 89 - update

prk888

The French Bistro 89 has moved to become the new in-house restaurant at the MIRABEL Resort just off Soi 87/89 (www.mirabelthai.com).

Thankfully I am told it's the same menu (super home-made country pate, beef bourguignon etc) and the same prices plus a few extra dishes. Now air-conditioned

Baguette 89 is located in the old Bistro 89 venue just over the railway on the right on soi 89 which is almost opposite MAKRO and will open Monday June 1st

The new owner of Baguette 89 is a M. Vincent who is himself a master baker from France. I am told they will be baking all day

The menu shows fresh breads and croissants of course, sandwiches, breakfasts and drinks

I will visit both and give a further update

tried the English breakfast this morning. Excellent fresh coffee and a big plate of eggs, hams, sausages, lots of bacon, two large toast etc. and orange juice. Free coffee refills. B135. Excellent value and almost too much and I'm a large guy.

K Anne the owner & cook was very attentive.

Brought home a fresh hot baguette and two different pastries which were devoured quickly by family, including 5 year old who loves the crusty bread.

While leaving before 10.00am new baguettes had come from oven

A positive start in my opinion

trying the sandwiches now and the basic tuna + salad in petit pain today was just great (B100) - warm freshly baked small baguette was delightful ! Again good freshly brewed coffee at B45 incl. refills as required. So far so good.

A good turnover of Danish style pastries too it seems

it seems several customers also remarked how sizeable the English breakfasts are so now they offer a slightly smaller one at B95 and still same good quality. Home-made quiches and croque-monsieur also now available at under B100