Kanchanaburi police chief confirms British tourist raped

Thaivisa News

Kanchanaburi police chief tells entertainment venues, guides to care drunk tourists

The Nation

Kanchanaburi Pol Maj Gen Kamolsanti Klubutr Sunday told entertainment venue operators and tourist guides to take special care of tourists who appeared drunk following a report that a 19-year-old Britist tourist was raped last week while she was drunk.

Kamolsanti said anyone, who spot a drunk female tourist, can call 191 and 1155 to alert police to take the tourist to her hotel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Kanchanaburi-police-chief-tells-entertainment-venu-30261319.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-05-31

Call the police to take a drunk female tourist to her hotel? Now that's really scary!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One think that puzzles me is "why did her so called friends leave her after dinner and did they stay at the same resort as she did?" on her own? and what about the bar/s that she was in? could they not have helped her out to find someone to take her back to the other side of the river, not too far btw, not like "The Bridge Too Far" just the small bridge near to the bar/s.

A very good post impulse,

Especially the hotels on the other side of the river

Sad days for Kan and that road.sad.png

Win wai.gif

Edited by Kan Win

there is still an obsession with attributing some bad judgement upon this girl....the only account we have is from the police media....the idea that she may have made some poor decisions is purely subjective and based on the little information (if that is eve what it is) given by the police and media who, let's face it don't have the best reputation for getting the facts right. So drawing inferences from the "stories" we've heard is just compounding stupidity upon stupidity.....

So drawing inferences from the "stories" we've heard is just compounding stupidity upon stupidity.....

Hundreds of other female tourists stayed in Kanchanburi that night

Thousands of female tourists stayed in Thailand that night.

Millions of her female countrymen stayed in the UK that night.

She was the one attacked.

It’s perfectly appropriate to discuss actions she may or may not have taken that put her at increased risk of being attacked. And the only actions we can discuss are the ones attributed to her in the media. Some of those actions will be judged (perhaps in retrospect) to be the result of poor judgment on her part.

That’s the only way to learn from her tragedy. Maybe the media have even gotten it wrong. But the discussion is still valid, and lessons can be learned from what’s been reported.

What separates us from monkeys is that I can learn from reading about other peoples’ experience. I don’t have to make all my own mistakes and suffer all the tragedies. And I can pass on what I learn through the written word.

Other women who find themselves in the world, in Thailand, and in Kanchanburi don’t have to learn the hard way like she did. They can learn from reading about it. What (it was reported that) she did, what she failed to do, and what was the reported result.

Or we can throw up our hands, pass on our sincere condolences for her run of tragically bad luck and concede that we’re only random prey in the world and our only defense against perpetrators is sheer dumb luck. Or perhaps barricading ourselves into armored bunkers.

I’d put this thread in the win column if one women reading this thread anywhere in the world asks a companion to walk her home instead of going it alone. Anywhere in the world. Not just in K-Buri. And that starts from the premise that something she did put her in harm's way.

Edited by impulse

One think that puzzles me is "why did her so called friends leave her after dinner and did they stay at the same resort as she did?" on her own? and what about the bar/s that she was in? could they not have helped her out to find someone to take her back to the other side of the river, not too far btw, not like "The Bridge Too Far" just the small bridge near to the bar/s.

A very good post impulse,

Especially the hotels on the other side of the river

Sad days for Kan and that road.sad.png

Win wai.gif

As I understood, she wasn't going back to the hotel, just to a shop nearby.

there is still an obsession with attributing some bad judgement upon this girl....the only account we have is from the police media....the idea that she may have made some poor decisions is purely subjective and based on the little information (if that is eve what it is) given by the police and media who, let's face it don't have the best reputation for getting the facts right. So drawing inferences from the "stories" we've heard is just compounding stupidity upon stupidity.....

I disagree. On this forum, like anywhere else we discuss the subjects as presented.

Perhaps a small disclaimer could help you out then.....

Something like a footnote which reads as follows:

*please note that all opinions I make here are based solely on the story as it is presented in this forum and the linked media presentation upon which it is based. I will not be held accountable for any comments made which are hereafter proven to be contrary to fact.

Maybe I should place this in my signature below.

If you want to make a thorough investigation before posting here that's your prerogative, but most of us are here for the entertainment value.smile.pngbiggrin.png

I disagree. On this forum, like anywhere else we discuss the subjects as presented.

Perhaps a small disclaimer could help you out then.....

Something like a footnote which reads as follows:

*please note that all opinions I make here are based solely on the story as it is presented in this forum and the linked media presentation upon which it is based. I will not be held accountable for any comments made which are hereafter proven to be contrary to fact.

Maybe I should place this in my signature below.

If you want to make a thorough investigation before posting here that's your prerogative, but most of us are here for the entertainment value.smile.pngbiggrin.png

I find it disturbing that you seem to categorise rape as entertainment.