Thailand Brit murder suspects 'still waiting' on evidence review

Lite Beer

Whether or not the video of NS walking through the apt lobby is real is fast becoming a moot point. The reason: it can be shown that a desperate young man with money could readily get from the island to Bkk in much less time (1 to 2 hours less), than the time between the crime and the video. Will RTP investigators want to pursue that avenue? Of course not. They won't want to consider anything which might implicate a person they're trying to shield.

I still haven't got an answer to a simple Q: is there any video showing NS entering the lobby that weekend (specifically; Sunday evening/night or Monday morn)? It would be interesting to see that video and its time stamp.

Yes, for example by helicopter, then he rappelled down to get in through his dormitory window which explains why he is not seeing coming in through the lobby, taking the elevator or walking through the hallway to his dormitory since before the time of the murders until hours later. He was chucking out bills out the window to silence any witnesses too.

It's so easy to make things up, no wonder some people become hooked on it.

Are you trying to be witty or funny? To some of us, trying to ascertain who the real culprits are is serious biz. If some posters want to joke and post nonsense pics/videos - how about doing it in the 'Jokes' category of T.Visa. My posts refer to things which RTP investigators either:

>>> didn't think to look for, or

>>> looked for, but gave up for some such reasons: "it's private property, you can't see it" or

>>> looked for and found, but decided it wasn't worthwhile because; "it might implicate the protected people" or

>>> looked for and found, but chose to trash it because "it might implicate the wrong people" or because it didn't fit with what superior officers and/or the Headman's sought for scenario.

I ask a lot of questions, in prior posts, but the people who claim to know what happened that night can't or won't answer. Here's a repeat Q: is there any CCTV showing NS arriving at the lobby on Monday morning, Sept. 15? Is there any CCTV of him coming or going in that lobby (or anywhere in Bkk) on Sunday the 14th?

Not surprisingly you don't mention.

>>>>- looked for and found absolutely no evidence to support any conspiracy theories - and thusly cleared previous suspects due to one being in BKK and the other one not having a tattoo

Ok, let's look at your statement, above, seriously. First off, do you know what the RTP have been looking for? You probably have no better idea than anyone outside the inner circle - of what they've been looking for, or what they've disregarded, or what clues they've missed, or what they've trashed, etc. So all we (concerned observers) have to go on is what's announced by the RTP, the reenactment, and other info we hear/see which may/or may not be valid. We also have our own individual minds - which can deduce things. For example, I can look at the video of 'running man' and, though it's a grainy video, can deduce it's a skinny young man who resembles Nomsod. Someone else can look at that video and, if they're hell-bent on keeping Nomsod in the clear, will claim they don't see a likeness. Mon can tell everyone it's him in the video, but no-one except those trying to shield NS will agree.

It's not a conspiracy theory to have an opinion on something and/or put forth a viable scenario about what happened at a crime. It is, however, a conspiracy for some top brass to intentionally feed false info to lower-ranking troops while intentionally skewing data to nail two scapegoats. When social media showed that it could not have been Hannah's phone found alongside the B2's dwelling, it was not a conspiracy theory for that photo to be taken and posted on social media. JD will have you believe it was. However, RTP officially announced they had found that phone - as proof of evidence. Unfortunately for the RTP, they were unaware of that photo on social media, so were therefore caught in a lie and what appeared to be 'planting evidence.' Seeing they had no viable way to squirm out of their ruse, they quickly switched tracks and claimed it was instead David's phone found. Claiming, as they did initially that it was Hannah's phone, fits more with the definition of 'conspiracy' than opinions and speculation of posters on T.Visa and other social media blogs.

You listed several theories based solely on your bias based on a belief that there's a conspiracy of powerful people in the background pulling strings

You avoided mentioning the more plausible and published results of the investigation.

You resort to sticking with early statements made without

1) looking at the fact that before the people who you so desperately want to be suspects, there were other suspect.

2) published material which proves that you are wrong. PBS spent an hour reviewing the CCTV footage using experts.

You just accused Thai law enforcement of "planting evidence"

You totally ignore that no one (Thai, Burmese, British or other foreigners) has publicly stated that they saw the person who you desperately want to be guilty, on the island. Not one single photo.....

Not 'one single photo' - that we on TV are aware of. Who knows what incriminating evidence there might have been on the deceased phones before the RTP got their hands on them? And why has the photo never come to light that was mentioned in the press of the altercation in the bar hours before the crime? And why did Sean McAnna have to use the phone belonging to the worker in the store with his cries for help? What happened to his own phone? Could it have been taken from him by Mon and that police guy when they went to 'question him' in the bar before he went into hiding? And if so why? And who knows what photos the friends of the deceased might have/might have had on their phones of that night? It would take a fearless person to present evidence following the horrific attacks (would it not?) for fear of your own life? After all there is only so much physical protection that can be offered to someone who might come forward with controversial information. I guess the lives of the B2 are of little consequence to those who want this thing done and dusted (for a myriad of reasons).

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You totally ignore that no one (Thai, Burmese, British or other foreigners) has publicly stated that they saw the person who you desperately want to be guilty, on the island. Not one single photo.....

Wow, it's hard to scrutinize photos when photos are withheld. Re: two beach bars where the principles hung out before the crime, each of which purportedly have CCTV, apparently the manager(s) would NOT allow RTP to see or take the data. Also, a ranking police officer claimed there were 600+ hours of CCTV from that vicinity on that night, and now much of that has been released? Maybe two select minutes. Who selected those 2 minutes? What happened to the rest of it? The bar footage could be revealing, particularly if there were hassles, as reported by some late-nighters there. Why would the manager(s) withhold that evidence from investigators? Hmmm, something smell mighty fishy on that island. Plus, the RTP has been amazingly mum on any activity going on in those bars that night. They wouldn't be hiding anything, would they? Nawwwww, not our trusted boys in brown.

We don't know what was said about that night by foreigners who were there. The Brits claimed they did some interviews, but then released that data to Interpol, and only the prosecution has access to Interpol, .....not the defense. So, it's not likely the prosecution is going to reveal any eyewitness accounts which poke holes in their own case. As for the Brits, well, they've been as useless as a bicycle is to a goose.

Can you use your critical brain to articulate what is the problem with the CCTV footage of Nomsod in Bangkok on the 15th?

As mentioned earlier, whether or not the Monday morning CCTV of Nomsod is valid, is becoming a moot point beatdeadhorse.gif

It's been shown that it's viably possible for him to have travelled from KT to Bkk in well under the nearly 5 hours between the crime and the CCTV. More interesting is what the CCTV may show in the hours and days prior to 9:30 Monday morning - as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect.

You say it's a moot point because it completely invalidates your "theories", that you then go on to say "as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect. " that's your whole schtick laid bare, to you he can't never be cleared of involvement, no matter what.

Mind Case closed.

I say it's a moot point, because it is a moot point. I go on. If you want to stay stuck, that's your choice.

Can you use your critical brain to articulate what is the problem with the CCTV footage of Nomsod in Bangkok on the 15th?

As mentioned earlier, whether or not the Monday morning CCTV of Nomsod is valid, is becoming a moot point beatdeadhorse.gif

It's been shown that it's viably possible for him to have travelled from KT to Bkk in well under the nearly 5 hours between the crime and the CCTV. More interesting is what the CCTV may show in the hours and days prior to 9:30 Monday morning - as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect.

You say it's a moot point because it completely invalidates your "theories", that you then go on to say "as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect. " that's your whole schtick laid bare, to you he can't never be cleared of involvement, no matter what.

Mind Case closed.

I say it's a moot point, because it is a moot point. I go on. If you want to stay stuck, that's your choice.

You are stuck on something proven untrue. Again - an entire episode on PBS.

Again - not a single person has publicly come forward with evidence of the person you are fixated on, being on the island.

In reply to JLCrab Post #548:-

As someone earlier said, this is a chat room.

It is indeed, and I do believe that that is exactly what Adriana and I were doing until you interrupted us with your inane comment. I guess next you'll be posting stupid Marx Bros quotes (accompanied by pics of course to try to convince everyone how clever you are, and have a rather superior sense of humour) If you want to join in the "chat" by all means do so, but please refrain from the sarcastic, childish comments that are to be quite honest, a sign of your superiority complex.

Thanks -- most on here would say I have an inferiority complex which I display by trying to muck up all your serious discussions about truth-and-justice.

I take that as an admission that you DO have a superiority complex, as you don't deny it, and once again you have managed to completely divert the discussion away from the topic in the hope of getting another "Like" from your bosom buddy JD. Oh, I've just noticed that you have - well done!

There used to be a guy who would regularly post on ThaiVisa who would say to me and others: The reason you disagree with me is that you are too stupid to understand what I am saying.

So ain't nothing I haven't heard before.

Actually, I never said anything about you being stupid, so why do you mention it? That's a persecution complex creeping in.

"So ain't nothing I haven't heard before" Oh, I'm sure that I and a few others could think of something, but there again your superiority complex tells you that you have heard everything!

But, anyway, you've done what you're good at, and that is to stray from the topic again, so as far as I am concerned there is nothing more to be said on this matter, so mfr_closed1.gif but no doubt, you'll want the last word, so carry on taunting.

Post 597 JDinAsia

' Not surprisingly you don't mention.

>>>>- looked for and found absolutely no evidence to support any conspiracy theories - and thusly cleared previous suspects due to one being in BKK and the other one not having a tattoo '

Who is the person with the tattoo and what cctv footage are they referring ?

If I recall correctly it was Mon and not the RTP who disclosed the tattoo

Let's not forget about this -

The new developments come as police said they were hunting a western woman seen running near the beach in Koh Tao on Sunday.

Police refer to Westerners as ‘foreigners’ but officers would not comment whether the woman might turn out to be Hannah Witheridge herself, fleeing from the killer or killers who were to soon battered her to death on Koh Tao’s idyllic Sairee Beach.

CCTV footage of the woman - who might also turn out to be a terrified witness to the double murders - has yet to be released.

or this -

Thai police inquiries have been branded a 'joke' by locals after investigators mistakenly identified a couple in CCTV footage walking hand-in-hand as the murdered Brits.

or this

DNA samples taken from the scene do not match those of any of a reported 12 suspects.

Officers claimed they had 'strong evidence' to link six Burmese workers to the gruesome murders, though no forensic links could be made.

Police later say Miss Witheridge may not have been raped as first suggested following an autopsy on her body.

Or him -

post-222787-0-02544100-1434191498_thumb.

Just the one question for the Glee club , What are your thoughts on the bars in question not releasing cctv footage in a horrifying murder inquiry ?

If they released the tapes and they didn't show what some people want them to show, then there would be charges that the tapes have been edited or manipulated. Maybe the guy is camera shy and knows where the cameras are just stays out of range as a matter of habit.

But I guess the reason many on here would feel that the tapes have not been released is that they show something incriminating. Maybe so.Trial starts next month.

Edited by JLCrab

The new developments come as police said they were hunting a western woman seen running near the beach in Koh Tao on Sunday.

Police refer to Westerners as ‘foreigners’ but officers would not comment whether the woman might turn out to be Hannah Witheridge herself, fleeing from the killer or killers who were to soon battered her to death on Koh Tao’s idyllic Sairee Beach.

CCTV footage of the woman - who might also turn out to be a terrified witness to the double murders - has yet to be released.

or this -

Thai police inquiries have been branded a 'joke' by locals after investigators mistakenly identified a couple in CCTV footage walking hand-in-hand as the murdered Brits.

or this

DNA samples taken from the scene do not match those of any of a reported 12 suspects.

Officers claimed they had 'strong evidence' to link six Burmese workers to the gruesome murders, though no forensic links could be made.

Police later say Miss Witheridge may not have been raped as first suggested following an autopsy on her body.

Or him -

attachicon.gifnumber 9.jpg

Catsanddogs

The running western woman , it needs to be established at what point during the investigation the police made the statement, had Hannah already been identified on some other cctv,

If police had already some cctv footage of Hannah before making this statement then the running westerner could not be Hannah as there would be no need to look for her (hunting)

or this -

or this

Or him -

attachicon.gifnumber 9.jpg

Catsanddogs

The running western woman , it needs to be established at what point during the investigation the police made the statement, had Hannah already been identified on some other cctv,

If police had already some cctv footage of Hannah before making this statement then the running westerner could not be Hannah as there would be no need to look for her (hunting)

Western woman info was published in Daily Mail on 19th Sept.

You are not trying to find the "real culprits", you are trying to frame up a person because it validates your own prejudices.

I am doing what I can to gauge who the real culprits are. Let's see, what are my prejudices? Perhaps I can answer that, instead of AleG. I'm prejudiced in favor of justice, regardless of how important the social standing of the person the evidence points to, or how rich and influencial his daddy is. I'm prejudiced against framing suspects. Does that clear things up a bit?

[/u]"[/i] that's your whole schtick laid bare, to you he can't never be cleared of involvement, no matter what. Mind Case closed.

He can be cleared in my view. However there appears to be incriminating evidence that should be, but hasn't been looked in to. RTP excused him in a Bkk minute, and show no inclination to take another look at him or Mon - ever. A detective is supposed to look at ALL evidence and follow ALL pertinent leads. A professional detective does not excuse someone from scrutiny for reasons other than no evidence points at that person. If RTP investigators are screwing up in this case, and choosing not to look at possible suspects (for reasons of social status or payment or whatever), then it's not unprecedented. They did it in the Kirsty Jones murder case in Chiang Mai, and they've done it in dozens of other cases.

Again - not a single person has publicly come forward with evidence of the person you are fixated on, being on the island.

Here's yet another reason it's not easy to get people to come forward: There is at least one family, maybe others, on KT who have been characterized as mafia-like. That indicates that they may in the past, and may in the future be willing to harm someone who speaks out against their family. An important islander was shot and killed in broad daylight in a public place. People witnessed it, but no one has yet come forth to finger whodunnit. Perhaps JD needs to hone up on the atmosphere and history of tough guys on the island. There's text out there on the internet, or maybe all the stories are conspiracy theories.

You are not trying to find the "real culprits", you are trying to frame up a person because it validates your own prejudices.

I am doing what I can to gauge who the real culprits are. Let's see, what are my prejudices? Perhaps I can answer that, instead of AleG. I'm prejudiced in favor of justice, regardless of how important the social standing of the person the evidence points to, or how rich and influencial his daddy is. I'm prejudiced against framing suspects. Does that clear things up a bit?

[/u]"[/i] that's your whole schtick laid bare, to you he can't never be cleared of involvement, no matter what. Mind Case closed.

He can be cleared in my view. However there appears to be incriminating evidence that should be, but hasn't been looked in to. RTP excused him in a Bkk minute, and show no inclination to take another look at him or Mon - ever. A detective is supposed to look at ALL evidence and follow ALL pertinent leads. A professional detective does not excuse someone from scrutiny for reasons other than no evidence points at that person. If RTP investigators are screwing up in this case, and choosing not to look at possible suspects (for reasons of social status or payment or whatever), then it's not unprecedented. They did it in the Kirsty Jones murder case in Chiang Mai, and they've done it in dozens of other cases.

Here's yet another reason it's not easy to get people to come forward: There is at least one family, maybe others, on KT who have been characterized as mafia-like. That indicates that they may in the past, and may in the future be willing to harm someone who speaks out against their family. An important islander was shot and killed in broad daylight in a public place. People witnessed it, but no one has yet come forth to finger whodunnit. Perhaps JD needs to hone up on the atmosphere and history of tough guys on the island. There's text out there on the internet, or maybe all the stories are conspiracy theories.

Here's yet another reason it's not easy to get people to come forward: That's right. Maybe they have cousins in the UK who would put the kibosh on anyone who was there on KT that evening and is now back in the UK. Maybe all the friends of he late Ms. Witheridge are in the witness protection program and are forbidden to talk to the Daily Mail and other members of the esteemed tabloid press in UK.

Edited by JLCrab

Here's yet another reason it's not easy to get people to come forward: That's right. Maybe they have cousins in the UK who would put the kibosh on anyone who was there on KT that evening and is now back in the UK. Maybe all the friends of he late Ms. Witheridge are in the witness protection program and are forbidden to talk to the Daily Mail and other members of the esteemed tabloid press in UK.

That's a good conspiracy theory.

Nope - it flies in the face of the agenda you push

Having spent time and made friends on the island, I don't need to rely on the Internet.

Your excuses for no pictures or people coming forward certainly doesn't explain why no foreigners have spoken out.

Edited by jdinasia

Will Mamen be called to court? It was reported in the media news that he said (Sept 23rd) -

' detectives had uncovered the motive for the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, and arrests were expected to be made by the end of this week.'

A Thai newspaper also reported - (Sept 23rd)

last night reported police had narrowed their inquiry to two suspects — a Thai national and a Burmese worker (my bold for obvious reasons).

Your excuses for no pictures or people coming forward certainly doesn't explain why no foreigners have spoken out.

How can you and Crab be so sure no foreigners have spoken out? You and AleG, often chastize others for presuming to know what's going on behind the scenes, yet you're doing it in your statement. Brit investigators have purportedly been questioning some farang who may be privy to some of what went on that night. Unfortunately for the defense, it looks as tho that info will get to the prosecution only. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Within one or two days of the crime, there were one or two CCTV photo ('grabs?') of a suspicious character, taken minutes from the time of crime, in its vicinity. One showed a reflection of something on one man's ear. The newspaper caption alluded to an 'earing' worn by that person. Not sure whether it was the same photo or another, but the side of a young man's face was clearly shown. The hair, in both photos, was bushy/curly, and the sideburns (in at least one photo) distinctly curved toward the front of the young man's head.

In photos taken of NS, just prior to the crime, he fits the description of the bushy hair and sideburns. Not sure about the earing. However, when NS shows up (after being sought by police for several days), saying nothing, but accompanied by his attorney (a good friend of his mom's), the young man has less bushy hair, and his sideburms are shaped to curl toward his ears. Maybe it's not NS in the KT photos, at the time and vicinity of the crime. But maybe it is. That's the sort of thing that professional detectives would look into closely. By all indications, RTP detectives aren't paying any attention to such things.

If anyone can find and post such photos, it's appreciated. Note: the initial investigative boss and his top people, at the time, all thought it was NS depicted in those CCTV photos. They announced that publicly, as well as the fact they were looking for him. Why, all of a sudden, did they decide it didn't look like NS a week later? Aw well, almost forgot, they were relieved of duty and sent to desk jobs in Bangkok. Has the first team of police, since that time, claimed that it wasn't NS in those KT CCTV? Or are we all just supposed to accept that they saw one thing one week, and their replacements saw something else the following week - and that's the end of that part of the story. The 2nd team is 100% right. The first team was 100% wrong.

How can you and Crab be so sure no foreigners have spoken out? You and AleG, often chastize others for presuming to know what's going on behind the scenes, yet you're doing it in your statement. Brit investigators have purportedly been questioning some farang who may be privy to some of what went on that night. Unfortunately for the defense, it looks as tho that info will get to the prosecution only. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Publicly ---

Nothing - Nada - Zilch

Publicly ---

Nothing - Nada - Zilch

jdinasia

you appear to be basing your argument on false dichotomy

JD and AleG especially .......

I find your salivating fervour to lynch these 2 boys to be tiresome and not a little disturbing.

Maybe they are guilty ... maybe they are not. But they deserve the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Your dedication to seeing them swing evidenced by your thousands of posts ....... is just creepy (I'll not say more as previous posts of mine get deleted without notice)

Everyone here wants these 2 to get a fair trial. Well ... almost everyone.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by mcm991

Publicly ---

Nothing - Nada - Zilch

jdinasia

Nope - every argument from the conspiracy theorists are about public statements.

When this witch hunt started, it started with "everybody knows" who "really" killed the victims.

Much was made of a vague statement by Sean. He publicly explained his meaning.

The police investigation shifted focus a few times, coming full circle to Burmese migrants. Some people got stuck at a point in the investigation based on "everyone knows".

Hannah and Davidson friends returned home. The other tourists on the island returned home. None have publicly confirmed the presence on the island of the guy Boomerangutang is fixated on.

No pictures of him on the island from that night.

Nada -zilch - Nothing

No stories of "the night they died" published...

Most importantly no explanation of why nobody has publicly come forward.

Publicly ---

Nothing - Nada - Zilch

jdinasia

Nope - every argument from the conspiracy theorists are about public statements.

When this witch hunt started, it started with "everybody knows" who "really" killed the victims.

The police investigation shifted focus a few times, coming full circle to Burmese migrants. Some people got stuck at a point in the investigation based on "everyone knows".

Hannah and Davidson friends returned home. The other tourists on the island returned home. None have publicly confirmed the presence on the island of the guy Boomerangutang is fixated on.

Nada -zilch - Nothing

Who is Davidson? . I love the fact no pictures of Nomson on Koh Tao means he wasn't there. Yet no pictures of Nomsod in Bangkok means he was in Bangkok.

Publicly ---

Nothing - Nada - Zilch

jdinasia

Nada -zilch - Nothing

Who is Davidson? . I love the fact no pictures of Nomson on Koh Tao means he wasn't there. Yet no pictures of Nomsod in Bangkok means he was in Bangkok.

Yes, I wondered about the Davidson chap too. Just shows how some folk who spend a hefty time on here running on can't show enough respect to get the vicims' names right. Yes berybert - pictures that evidence Nomsod was in Bangkok on the morning in question would certainly shut me and a few others up for a while.

Just came across an article in the Guardian from December.

Another worry, he said, (Chomphuchat) was that the prison on Koh Samui was refusing to arrange a room for him to meet the suspects to discuss the case. Instead, he has had to speak to them one at a time via telephone behind a plastic screen.

Full article

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/thailand-murders-burmese-defence-foreign-office-fair-trial

The police identified running man as Nomsod. The police then said running man wasn't Nomson. Now you need to accept what JC is saying and believe the police. As to what version you believe, how someone that looked like someone I.e Nomsod all of a sudden look like some one who isn't Nomsod I.e a Burmese maybe only a member of the RTP can explain that.