Thailand Brit murder suspects 'still waiting' on evidence review

Lite Beer

Crab.

Do you really think other tourists, who are on their vacation, would commit a crime such as this ?

Or two young Burmese men who're of the lowest social strata in Thailand ?

This was a crime of immense anger and hatred, something the very privileged (and their Gang) might have, along with a sense of entitlement and protection from the rule of law.

Motive is important.

Yes.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Win seems to with his hair and physique."

Or perhaps he was the man running on that footage... nah, too plausible. Must had been that other guy who was hundreds of kilometers away. rolleyes.gif

Is Bkk hundreds of Km's away? I don't know, but I calculated that it would take a determined person about 3.5 hours to get from KT to Bkk on any monday morning, if leaving the island with a fistful of baht by 5:30 am - a half hour after the crime ended. I agree, neither of the B2 fit the appearance of Running Man, not by a long shot. I don't think even the RTP or the prosecution (in their efforts to frame the B2) have floated the idea of a resemblance, have they? Running Man is tall (for an Asian), both the B2 are short. If the RTP try and claim Running Man as being one of the B2, then RTP manipulators are even more off-base and desperate than I thought.

Say Hi! to Mr. McKanna for me next time you see him.

Is that supposed to be witty or funny? If I was in McKeana's shoes, I'd probably run and hide also - grateful, as I'm sure he is, to be far away from Thailand. There are some seriously nasty people on that island (more tourists murdered there in one week, than in all of Burma annually), and if they're rich and determined enough, a r-t ticket to Europe (for an accomplice, for example) would not be too expensive an investment, if it meant keeping some friends and family members out of prison.

You calculated the time it would take without knowing how far it is? Great job. rolleyes.gif

There's a problem though, that you are assiduously avoiding, the video from the CCTV footage doesn't show him entering the lobby, using the elevators or walking the hallway to his apartment from before the time of the murders until hours later.

Then of course there is the nagging fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that he was on the island, let alone he had any involvement in the murders; that is except the speculation of armchair detectives that really, really want the son of a rich man to be the culprit because that would make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

All that would be just sad, but there's a relatively new and nasty strain of people that use social media to persecute and harass people, some go as far as harassing the families of murdered children because they must be in it somehow.

I'm sure those people think they are champions for a great cause too.

I think what his father said might have had something to do with it. But hey he is just his father what would he know ?

If a person looks at a bus, train or flight schedule, that person can determine how long that trip will take. The schedule might indicate: depart: 3 pm arrive: 6 pm. The traveler can then deduce that the trip will take 3 hours. No need to know distance, or even to look at a map. Amazing what modern people can deduce when reading a transport schedule, isn't it?

Are coming over the side of reason all of a sudden? Yes, that's one of the questions I've been posting several times in the past few days. Is there any CCTV showing NS entering the apartment lobby prior to him supposedly leaving on Monday morning? If so, can we see it?

Yes, I understand that you have to simplify things to the point of irrelevance to make sense of things; just because a boat, airplane or bus schedule says it takes X amount of time for a person to go from A to B doesn't mean that is the total amount of time involved in traveling, let alone demonstrate that such thing even happened in the first place.

By the way, prove me wrong that he flew a helicopter from Koh Tao to Bangkok and rappelled down from it into his apartment, because that theory, unlike yours, would explain why he is not seeing getting in.

As for the second part, if you were to see that footage you would declare it fake in a split second, or just invent a scenario that would explain everything away, no evidence to support that scenario notwithstanding.

But if you insists, here's a screen capture from CCTV footage on the 13th.

Now you'll just say that he traveled in the intervening time from Bangkok to Koh Tao, murderered the couple, traveled back and left not a single trace of any of it.

A screen grab that proves he was in his dorm from 13 to 15 September. The guy has lost it.

Crab.

Do you really think other tourists, who are on their vacation, would commit a crime such as this ?

This was a crime of immense anger and hatred, something the very privileged (and their Gang) might have, along with a sense of entitlement and protection from the rule of law.

Motive is important.

Yes.

Yes.

Who ever heard of someone from the lowest social strata having "immense anger"?

Crab.

Motive is important.

Yes.

Yes.

Are you suggesting these two were always fighting ? Must be police records or CCTV from their bar of them doing so. Or have they always been good boys and just on a whim decided to kill two people ?

Crab.

Motive is important.

Yes.

Yes.

Are you suggesting these two were always fighting ? Must be police records or CCTV from their bar of them doing so. Or have they always been good boys and just on a whim decided to kill two people ?

whoever heard of someone committing a murder who wasn't there?

Crab.

Motive is important.

Yes.

Yes.

You guys are trying too hard. Makes you look silly.

Don't worry ...... I'm fairly sure they will be found guilty then you can go to the bathroom after 8 months of manning your keyboard without a break.

Crab.

Motive is important.

Yes.

Yes.

Don't worry ...... I'm fairly sure they will be found guilty then you can go to the bathroom after 8 months of manning your keyboard without a break.

Thanks but I don't worry -- and I take my remote keyboard with me inti the bathroom.

Edited by JLCrab

It will be interesting to see if the friends of the deceased will be called as witnesses. If there was an altercation in the bar as reported, then one of them, maybe more witnessed it. One would hope the friends would want the right people punished even though it won't bring the victims back. You'd hope also that the family would support the defence having access to everything necessary for a fair trial too, unless of course they are 100% assured that the Burmese men are guilty of killing their children.

"Win seems to with his hair and physique."

Or perhaps he was the man running on that footage... nah, too plausible. Must had been that other guy who was hundreds of kilometers away. rolleyes.gif

Is Bkk hundreds of Km's away? I don't know, but I calculated that it would take a determined person about 3.5 hours to get from KT to Bkk on any monday morning, if leaving the island with a fistful of baht by 5:30 am - a half hour after the crime ended. I agree, neither of the B2 fit the appearance of Running Man, not by a long shot. I don't think even the RTP or the prosecution (in their efforts to frame the B2) have floated the idea of a resemblance, have they? Running Man is tall (for an Asian), both the B2 are short. If the RTP try and claim Running Man as being one of the B2, then RTP manipulators are even more off-base and desperate than I thought.

Say Hi! to Mr. McKanna for me next time you see him.

Is that supposed to be witty or funny? If I was in McKeana's shoes, I'd probably run and hide also - grateful, as I'm sure he is, to be far away from Thailand. There are some seriously nasty people on that island (more tourists murdered there in one week, than in all of Burma annually), and if they're rich and determined enough, a r-t ticket to Europe (for an accomplice, for example) would not be too expensive an investment, if it meant keeping some friends and family members out of prison.

You calculated the time it would take without knowing how far it is? Great job. rolleyes.gif

There's a problem though, that you are assiduously avoiding, the video from the CCTV footage doesn't show him entering the lobby, using the elevators or walking the hallway to his apartment from before the time of the murders until hours later.

Then of course there is the nagging fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that he was on the island, let alone he had any involvement in the murders; that is except the speculation of armchair detectives that really, really want the son of a rich man to be the culprit because that would make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

All that would be just sad, but there's a relatively new and nasty strain of people that use social media to persecute and harass people, some go as far as harassing the families of murdered children because they must be in it somehow.

I'm sure those people think they are champions for a great cause too.

Oh, no! Not more conspiracy theories for JD to latch on to and "Like"!

Yes.

Thanks but I don't worry -- and I take my remote keyboard with me inti the bathroom.

You'll have to type with one hand unless JD is a closer friend than we know of.

My point is ... what is your point?

Many here feel a grave injustice is being done and are trying to help in any way they can.

You guys are here for what? The RTP already got your back ... there is no need for you to take the other side unless it is only for sport. What's in it for you? I don't get it.

It will be interesting to see if the friends of the deceased will be called as witnesses. If there was an altercation in the bar as reported, then one of them, maybe more witnessed it. One would hope the friends would want the right people punished even though it won't bring the victims back. You'd hope also that the family would support the defence having access to everything necessary for a fair trial too, unless of course they are 100% assured that the Burmese men are guilty of killing their children.

There has been ongoing coverage of this case by the British tabloids, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and the BBC since last September. If there are friends of the late Ms. Witheridge or other persons on-site who observed anything as above, they have as yet chosen for some reason not to tell their story publicly.

Ok AleG, I know you're not stupid. But I'll say state it again: It was nearly 5 hours between the time of the crime and the time of the NS alibi video of him leaving the apartment. We're not discussing right now whether that video was tampered with. If it takes roughly 3.5 hours for a desperate person with money to get from KT to Bkk, then that leaves 'wiggle room' of about 90 minutes. I can't say for sure whether he made that trip, any more than you can say for sure he didn't. I'm neither an investigator, nor would I be allowed to investigate my theory in depth. This is Thailand, I'm not a Thai. I don't even speak Thai well. If Thai authorities (RTP and/or transport people and/or drivers) want to avoid providing info, it's the easiest thing for them to do. It's as easy as the bar managers refusing to allow RTP to see CCTV from that night.

This case would be monstrously different if I had been in charge of investigating. Notice, I didn't say, ".....if I was an investigator" because being an investigator in this case means finding results pre-set by higher ranking officers. That's the way investigations happen in Thailand, like it or not: Top officials declare the results they want, and it's the job of his underlings to connect the dots to provide proof of that. But, if I were in charge of the investigation, I would have done the following things from Day 1:

>>> Consider everyone as a possible suspect. No person would be excluded for any reasons - not for VIP status, for being related to a VIP, for being rich, for looking like a nice person, having a nice smile, being related to a VIP or a policitian or royalty, or anything. Get the picture?

>>> Secured the crime scene and had professionals gather data with rubber gloves. I would have tried to get top experts to head various factions of the investigation. I would have asked the Brits to assist, similar to how the Portuguese asked the Brits to assist in an important recent crime in Portugal, or how the Dutch asked the Brits to assist in another crime scenario in Holland.

>>> Insisted on all CCTV that may have been relevent to the crime. I would not have allowed a bar owner to refuse to hand over CCTV for any reason.

>>> I would, as a farang might say, "leave no stone unturned" in finding who did the crime.

>>> Instruct my investigative team to follow leads - wherever they lead, and to get video interviews where possible. Audio is 2nd best.

>>> Would offer promises of safety to anyone who chose to speak out and who appeared to have pertinent info to solving the crime - even offering a 24 hr. armed guard for a key witness. I would also offer rewards for info which could be used to convict.

>>> Would have arranged for Sean to stay in Thailand with a 'silent witness' provision, secret location, with two armed guards. Perhaps Sean is also an accessory to the crime, but we'll never know as he was allowed to quickly flee Thailand - with no contact.

>>> I would have detained prime suspects without bail. That's the only provision in this list that's being done now, except with one minor problem: they probably jailed the wrong guys.

I think you spent entirely too much time fantasizing.

There has been ongoing coverage of this case by the British tabloids, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and the BBC since last September. If there are friends of the late Ms. Witheridge or other persons on-site who observed anything as above, they have as yet chosen for some reason not to tell their story publicly.

I know for a fact that some of the victim's friends have been pestered by the conspiracy theorists to support their side.

I know for a fact that some of the victim's friends have been pestered by the conspiracy theorists to support their side.

Thats interesting, I've never seen that reported or heard from any source on that being the case, not saying that its not occurred however? But two points come to mind. When you say "conspiracy theorists" who or what people are you actually referring to? The second point being what proof do you have that the said group you identified has carried this out?

Making such a factual statement needs some credibility by way of an authoritative report.

Edited by thailandchilli

Thats interesting, I've never seen that reported or heard from any source on that being the case, not saying that its not occurred however? But two points come to mind. When you say "conspiracy theorists" who or what people are you actually referring to? The second point being what proof do you have that the said group you identified has carried this out?

Making such a factual statement needs some credibility by way of an authoritative report.

When talking about CT he is probably talking about the defense team. Unless he has been flying dones over the family homes of David and Hannah's friends.

Have these CT also been trying to pester the family's ?

Of course you are aware on of the reasons the defense are trying to raise funds for the trial is so they can fly to England to pester the family and friends of the dead.

Would you like to prove your facts AleG ? Or do you think anyone here other that jd belives a word of what you say.

Yes T&C. You took the words right out of my mouth but with increased eloquence. Very keen to see the information that relates to and supports this 'fact'.

Sorry to be cynical, but I rather doubt such testimony would do much good. Hypothetical dialogue. . . . .

Witness: I saw Hannah being pestered by Asian men in the bar.

Court: Do you know who was pestering her?

Witness: Not by name, but I could possibly identify one or two of the men if I saw them again.

Court: It was dark in there that night, was it not?

Witness: yes

Prosecution: Your honor, this is signifying nothing. The witness may have seen one of the victims being pestered, but all sorts of things happen in a bar at night, so I don't see this leading anywhere

Court: do you see any of the men in this room, who were pesterning Hannah?

Witness: no, but I have an idea who there are. I'm rather sure their names are....

Prosecution: .....objection your honor. Witness already said she wasn't completely sure what happened or who did anything untoward, and we've already established it was dark in there...

Court: You're right prosecutor, this avenue is leading nowhere. Defense, call your next witness.

Additionally, in regard to any farang who may have seen anything suspicious in the bars or at the beach bonfire or in the vicinity of the crime; It's a big deal for a young person to travel r-to from, let's say, London to Bkk. With residual expenses for two weeks, it could add up to around Bt.100,000. Even if they arrive, they may or may not be called to give testimony. There will be translation issues (even the most adept Thai speakers of English make basic mistakes), and they may be stalked (or worse) from baddies on the island, if some things emerge which implicate people they're trying to shield. All in all, the trip could be expensive and a bummer. It's one thing to want to speak up to try and get justice for the victims - particularly if one or both victims were dear friends. It's another thing to try and navigate the twisted mess that passes for justice in Thailand.

Additionally, in regard to any farang who may have seen anything suspicious in the bars or at the beach bonfire or in the vicinity of the crime; It's a big deal for a young person to travel r-to from, let's say, London to Bkk. With residual expenses for two weeks, it could add up to around Bt.100,000. Even if they arrive, they may or may not be called to give testimony. There will be translation issues (even the most adept Thai speakers of English make basic mistakes), and they may be stalked (or worse) from baddies on the island, if some things emerge which implicate people they're trying to shield. All in all, the trip could be expensive and a bummer. It's one thing to want to speak up to try and get justice for the victims - particularly if one or both victims were dear friends. It's another thing to try and navigate the twisted mess that passes for justice in Thailand.

But if they didn't see anything suspicious, that then saves them a lot of money.

Off-topic, threatening, inflammatory posts and replies removed.

Please stay on the topic of the thread. That means addressing the issues presented in the post, not in making comments to or about other posters. Doing so is off-topic and your post will be removed and you could face a suspension. Digging through other member's posts and bringing them up on the forum can be considered stalking and it is against the forum rules.

You have every right to express your opinion about the topic. You may disagree, but it must be done in a civil manner.

I'm willing to bet that none of the deceased's travelling companions will turn up at the trial and I'm also willing to bet that at least one of the deceased's families is 100 percent sure the B2 are guilty.

The university has documents that prove the kid was there but,

Wasn't this a weekend?

Was the kid actually at the university and his dorm because he had tests on the weekend?

Does this nullify the chatter that the girlfriend said he went missing without telling her

And then the sister or cousin who publicly states he was with her all weekend

He has at least one too many alibis

Did the father say he was there and left before the murders

And later did the father state that he hadn't seen him in weeks in addition to he was at university

Is this 3 or 4 too many alibis?

It's a very confusing case, but its sundY and its time for a putt over to the beach and hear some music to the sounds of the crashing waves where all the girls speak English

If the defense in this case wants to prove, for some reason. that the 'kid' above was at or near the scene of the crime prior to the crime, that is up to the defense; that the 'kid' should have to prove that he wasn't there, is only now to satisfy persons as in the above post.

Edited by JLCrab

Fact? AleG, please do elaborate. We are all dying to know how you know this for a fact.

And how would you KNOW this fact. Please enlighten us......

Edited by fritzzz25

If the defense in this case wants to prove, for some reason. that the 'kid' above was at or near the scene of the crime prior to the crime, that is up to the defense; that the 'kid' should have to prove that he wasn't there, is only now to satisfy persons as in the above post.

You're right. Mentioning NS and trying to ascertain his whereabouts will probably not be allowed by the Samui court. The prosecution (in line with the wishes of the Headman and RTP),has crafted the trial parameters as much as possible - to preclude mention of NS. Very crafty. It doesn't have much to do with justice, but hey, this is Thailand, where justice takes a back seat to what's important; influential families, money, social status. Edited by boomerangutang

You're right. Mentioning NS and trying to ascertain his whereabouts will probably not be allowed by the Samui court. The prosecution (in line with the wishes of the Headman and RTP),has crafted the trial parameters as much as possible - to preclude mention of NS. Very crafty. It doesn't have much to do with justice, but hey, this is Thailand, where justice takes a back seat to what's important; influential families, money, social status.

Most likely in any Court of law especially in the US such information would be excluded unless there was 100% certainty as to the person's whereabouts and identity and even then there would have to shown some relevance to the charges against those who are on trial.

Fact? AleG, please do elaborate. We are all dying to know how you know this for a fact.

I already did, Thailandchill didn't like the exposure it brought to him so he asked the post to be removed. If you want more details you should ask him, since he is so gung-ho about transparency I'm sure he'll be very forthcoming.