Khao Yai now full price for farang with driving license?

wantan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG.

Good luck with your Government petition. thumbsup.gif

wub.png

coffee1.gif

What a sad little man you are

Oh get of his hump,he is happy being a 4th class citizen in a 3rd world country.Another one gone native,

Because he's being raped, he should just bend over and think of England, right?

We're already being taken advantage of on so many levels here I think he's not only justified in his complaint, I would say he's more like obliged to complain...

400thb is nothing I would notice, I rarely eat breakfast for less but treating like a stupid rich cuuuuunt is where i derive the offense....

Many of you maybe rich, by Thai or western standards, myself included but it doesn't mean I have to or will ever support discrimination or racism from anyone paid be me .... Until then if Thailand wants 10x from me.... they will have to get on their knees and Swallow..... ?

Farangs stamping their feet, trowing their toys out of their pram and turning around to zoom off all in a huff, writing letters of complaint, petitioning the government. cheesy.gif

You couldn't write comedy like this. clap2.gif

cheesy.gif

Some people just aren't cut out for Thailand.

coffee1.gif

You can say that again mate!

But they've got petitions going to change the nasty Thai's rules.

gigglem.gif

I mean, come on, jump on your bike and go out and ride and enjoy the country for what it is. Riding along fuming angrily for half the day because the little Thai man followed the rules? cheesy.gif

Thailand's not for them. Probably nowhere is though, they'll find silly little things to be livid about wherever they go, some stupid people are like that. :(

Edited by DLang

thailand is not the only country doing this on Earth. many countries keep the rates low for locals. Reason for governments of developing countries doing this is to attract their citizens to museums, national parks or palace as local admissions are mostly low.

and it is only 12 bucks.

so complaining about it does not make sense to me when i go there with friends and a collection of bikes worth millions of baht.

and it is a crowded and packed place and there are many greater places to go. if 400 baht it too much for you, just ride somewhere else.

so you dont complain for 150 baht small beer at a bar with hoes but complain when it comes to 400 baht national park fee.

Edited by maykilceksin

thailand is not the only country doing this on Earth. many countries keep the rates low for locals. Reason for governments of developing countries doing this is to attract their citizens to museums, national parks or palace as local admissions are mostly low.

and it is only 12 bucks.

so complaining about it does not make sense to me when i go there with friends and a collection of bikes worth millions of baht.

and it is a crowded and packed place and there are many greater places to go. if 400 baht it too much for you, just ride somewhere else.

so you dont complain for 150 baht small beer at a bar with hoes but complain when it comes to 400 baht national park fee.

Don't bother mate, these guys get furious if the Sun comes up in the morning.

Thailand isn't for them, so let them get on with writing angry petitions to the Thai government, and we get on with riding around happily. :)

coffee1.gif

and it is only 12 bucks.

Don't bother mate, these guys get furious if the Sun comes up in the morning.

Thailand isn't for them, so let them get on with writing angry petitions to the Thai government, and we get on with riding around happily. smile.png

coffee1.gif

LOL riding around happily? You are the guy who always complains about Thai riders/drivers - all I have ever seen on this forum is you complaining about Thais and how dangerous it is on the roads. You are not a bike rider, and you know it.

There are no angry petitions, so stop being childish and spouting hyperbole, you have nothing positive to add to this forum about bikes or biking. This is about some people thinking it is unfair to be charged 10x the asking price when we already pay taxes, invest etc. in this country. It is also about some posters who live in that area and are now charged 10x to cross through the park, it is not a huge deal, we just made some comments about it and I wrote an email to ask why this policy is in place, big deal! Like many have said it isn't about the money, if you can't get your childish banal head around that, then you are even thicker than I thought.

You are not a bike rider, and you know it.

Actually, had a nice 600km weekend ride around Kan with 2 other forum members over the weekend.

Sorry that these are the only 2 photos I took, but as a rider I ride, not stopping to take photos or stamp my feet when the unjust Thai man follows his rule book. rolleyes.gif

photo1371.jpg

11840653_586500341488071_1689440615_o.jp

Stick to writing off angry emails and riding around furious for the day over their nasty rules, we’ll stick to riding around happily. smile.png

Peace bro’ (I hope you find it, but guess it won't be in Thailand).

Perhaps change.org might be of interest for people who insist on wasting their time with such injustices. Get a Justice For Farangs page going. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Happy Grumpy

I used to go there quite regular. It was a good ride out from Jomtien and some good roads in that area. If they are charging farang price with a license they can go and swivel. Thai mentality.

It's OK people saying it's only 400 baht. But 10x the Thai price isn't only taking the piss it's making you eat <deleted> as well.

From the sounds of it some guys will go to the booth and do a Ronaldo in order to try and save a few baht.

ronaldo.jpg

Chai, err, chai,, pom ben, er ben, ben khon Thai, jing jing jing mak.

coffee1.gif

Edited by DLang

Actually, had a nice 600km weekend ride around Kan with 2 other forum members over the weekend.

Sorry that these are the only 2 photos I took, but as a rider I ride, not stopping to take photos or stamp my feet when the unjust Thai man follows his rule book. rolleyes.gif

photo1371.jpg

Stick to writing off angry emails and riding around furious for the day over their nasty rules, we’ll stick to riding around happily. smile.png

Perhaps change.org might be of interest for people who insist on wasting their time with such injustices. Get a Justice For Farangs page going. rolleyes.gif

I think you can't read mate, as I said there was no 'angry' email, just an email to ask why they had this policy in place. There is no petition etc. but I guess as a stupid little troll you are not concerned with facts and just dumb posturing and hyperbole.

Guarantee you are not like this in real life, but I guess coming on a forum and shouting shit whenever you can is a lot easier. And wow i am so impressed you went for a ride ;)

photo1371.jpg

I must admit on 2nd look you do look rather special in your cheap HJC helmet, 100 baht sunglasses and knock-off Foxhead gear - do you have some of the special gloves you can buy at the side of the road for 50 Baht? You know, the ones with the spider web plastic for extra 'protection, I bet you have, you old devil you.

Or, did you just stick your mate's helmet on and take a photo from your car window? ;)

Adios Mr. Grumpy

There there darling, you'll feel better in the morning Mark.

Honestly, after that display ( ^ ) I really can't imagine you stamping your feet at the kiosk, angrily shoving your WP and documents in their face, fuming off and angrily turning around to spend the rest of the day riding furiously, mentally going over the points in your email and letters of complaint. whistling.gif

Just because Little Brown Man is following the rules, eh.

HG was right, some people just aren't mature enough to live in Thailand.

You see it time and time again, and to be Frank, it's embarrassing.

The rules are there as plain as day, bit no, they don't apply to them. Told politely that they will need to follow the rules and they explode, pulling out WP's and documents, stamping their feet, refusing to follow the rules and storming off angrily to the bemusement of everybody.

Embarrassing isn't really the word, but there you. Angry Westerners with such a sense of superiority, laws don't apply to them and they are d @ mned if they are going to have a local little fella apply them.

You see it time and time again, and to be Frank, it's embarrassing.

The rules are there as plain as day, bit no, they don't apply to them. Told politely that they will need to follow the rules and they explode, pulling out WP's and documents, stamping their feet, refusing to follow the rules and storming off angrily to the bemusement of everybody.

Embarrassing isn't really the word, but there you. Angry Westerners with such a sense of superiority, laws don't apply to them and they are d @ mned if they are going to have a local little fella apply them.

lol you two are a pair of numpties, I think you are projecting about the anger thing, must be something you both do a lot - I will say it one last time, there was no angry confrontation, just me asking why the policy had changed and then saying fair enough I am not going to come in today - you make such a big deal of nothing.

Nothing wrong with questioning things, because for the many years I have been riding in Khao Yai the policy was if you have WP etc. you got in for Thai price, so wow I questioned the policy. You know you can question something and be polite and civil, or is that beyond you pair of numpties?

Idiots like you that have basically made this forum go to shit. Hope to see out riding one day :)

A question for some full of **** members: would you still go there if the foreigners fee was increased to 1000 baht? To 5000 baht? Yes / no? So where is the limit?

I personally think they are already over the limit and it's not about the money.