Hotel In Ubon For Under 2000 Baht

downtown

The wife and I will be visiting Ubon for a much - needed holiday in November. Previously we have stayed at the Grand(!?) Nevada Hotel, which is ok but the place is looking a bit staid now and the breakfast is pretty crap. The missus wants to give the Tohslang hotel a try , after hearing good reviews about it. Opinions please? :o

The wife and I will be visiting Ubon for a much - needed holiday in November. Previously we have stayed at the Grand(!?) Nevada Hotel, which is ok but the place is looking a bit staid now and the breakfast is pretty crap. The missus wants to give the Tohslang hotel a try , after hearing good reviews about it. Opinions please? :o

The Tosang Ubon Hotel is OK.........beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, but the breakfast is not too good. Normally around 1,400. I prefer the Laithong, standard hotel, standard rooms, but a great breakfast. If you want somewhere special and don't mind travelling into Ubon, then the Tosang Khong Chiam Resort Hotel is wonderful. The thing about this hotel, on the banks of Mekhong/Moon Rivers, is it is right in the heart of tourist country. There are national parks in adundance, waterfalls, cave paintings, rock formations all with a short trip from Khong Chiam. A room will set you back about 1,500 and a suite(pic) around 2,300.

post-14019-1158061691_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1158061731_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1158061756_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1158061800_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1158061843_thumb.jpg

G'Day Mate

You wanna stay close in So called Center or bit off,,,LAITHING is our hotel, Good BFast, Luch(All Buffet) international.

The lai thong is probably about the best and Marco is right they have a great buffee style breakfast and lunch. Many working thais visit to eat and stay as well as farangs, police & ministers. They have singers on in the evenings also. One has a good voice but another lady there sings like a strangled cat on a roof.

In addition I put my parents up at the Tosang Ubon hotel on our last trip to give it a try and the rooms and food were not bad at all really but the Lai Thong is just that little bit better.

The wife and I will be visiting Ubon for a much - needed holiday in November. Previously we have stayed at the Grand(!?) Nevada Hotel, which is ok but the place is looking a bit staid now and the breakfast is pretty crap. The missus wants to give the Tohslang hotel a try , after hearing good reviews about it. Opinions please? :D

G'Day Mate

You wanna stay close in So called Center or bit off,,,LAITHING is our hotel, Good BFast, Luch(All Buffet) international.

Hope he isn't promoting himself!!!!!!!! :o:D:D

The Nevada Grand is not good at all for food or rooms these days very poor in general I found. Dusty rooms and a Steak that was like eating the bottom of my shoe it was that tough. Stay clear if you know what's good. The only thing it has going for it is nightlife around that area is karaoke/cafe, a few bars (live band), cinema etc...

Edited by jay-uk

I stayed in one of the rooms at the Nevada Grand, right beside the pool, earlier this year and thought it was okay, though breakfast wasn't very good. My Thai friend from Ubon said that the Laithong was best but it was full up when I tried to book. There is a lot of nightlife near the Nevada, but mainly for teenaged Thais. For older Farangs, it is probably better to visit the area near the Regent or Patumrat (i.e. several hundred yards south on the main road). Both these hotels are a notch down in terms of comfort but seem okay. The Regent is said to have a very nice cafe with singers, but there was only karaoke on the night I went. However, there are many outside options quite near. This is also near the Swing Party bar, which is a good spot in which to get advice from locals. The Patumrat has considerable historical interest, not least because Long Beach ma***ge in the basement was a regular haunt of the senior Kymer Rouge leadership in years gone by. It is possible to visit for a drink without sampling the wares. A local expat told me an interesting story about the former owner (now dead) who moved in shady circles. He was seriously slashed in a knife attack which apparently turned out to have been contracted by his son, who felt that his dad had been slow in handling over control of the business.