Getting it so wrong

Consider the situation most of us find ourselves in on arrival in Thailand... white, educated & wealthy (at least compared to the locals) and with time on our hands - Basically, the deck is stacked very generously in our favour.

Before we even get out of bed, we have a mind-boggling choice of available and willing women most of whom are not in "the industry". There is abundant, comfortable and highly-affordable accommodation, lower living costs on the whole, cheap, delicious food and, even though some seem determined to deny it, the natives still have a generally welcoming attitude towards us.

Despite all this, so many of us seem to end up on the rocks.

Everything from men taking up with women with children from two or more fathers and deadbeat family members who always seem to need cash infusions to men who buy real estate, land, cars and such in their teerak/wives' names despite only being able to converse in pidgin English and relying almost entirely upon their woman for guidance on their legal rights.

Just imagine aligning your financial interests, setting up home and even having children with someone you can only talk to about 3 or 4 topics.

Absurd, I know but so many do it.

I know a few of the guys on here have their heads screwed on but there seems to be a disproportionately large percentage of farang men in Thailand who just can't seem to stop botching life up and making a rod for their own backs.

How do so many farang men get it so horribly wrong in Thailand when it's so easy to get it right?

because they're idiots?

--------------------------------

Not necessarily.

Maybe they don't know the saying." Never chase after a Bus or a woman. Just wait at the Bus stop long enough and another one will soon enough come by."

because they're idiots?

Not necessarily.

Maybe they don't know the saying." Never chase after a Bus or a woman. Just wait at the Bus stop long enough and another one will soon enough come by."

Except bahtbusses...they are worth to chase after...

because they're idiots?

Yes, and so many of them are fat, ugly, facial haired, tattooed, and have very deep pockets, and really believe it when the 30 year younger beauty tells them they are handsome.

Real idiots.

This topic's an oldie but a goodie. The

OP's answered all his questions, though.

I think some people just can't help

themselves. They're just wired to find

drama or for drama to find them. There's

a couple of posters on here who shall

remain nameless but, as the OP said,

they just can't seem to stop pointing the

ship towards the rocks.

You naturally feel for them because they

just don't judge character or read iffy

situations that well until you see them crop

up on here pretending they're the dog's

danglies with fabulous wealth and married

to a Chompoo Hargate doppelganger.

We all know it is a proven medical fact that a man only has so much blood, but not enough to run his brain and pecker at the same time, when his pecker is upwub.png the blood drains from his brain to feed itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Another op that just sees Thailand thru a certain prism,there are plenty of educated wealthy Thais around. There are also many Thais who earn more than the fixed incomes many retirees are on,As for a choice of available women..not if you want someone close to your economic or wealth status, who speaks English.

It's incredibly easy to get it wrong...different culture, different values, different language, different laws etc..

Another op that just sees Thailand thru a certain prism,there are plenty of educated wealthy Thais around. There are also many Thais who earn more than the fixed incomes many retirees are on,As for a choice of available women..not if you want someone close to your economic or wealth status, who speaks English.

It's incredibly easy to get it wrong...different culture, different values, different language, different laws etc..

Why would you come to Thailand to find

a woman who speaks English? Plenty of

financially secure, educated Thai women

who only speak Thai. Surely the way

forward would be to learn to speak Thai

if you're going to give yourself the best

chance of landing a good 'un.

You're not going to find it easy to get

things right here if you think everyone

and everything should adapt to suit you

White, yes

Educated and wealthy, not so much

Most of the foreigners I meet here, appear to have dropped out of high school to be floor tilers ...........

(I don't really expect them to have the ability to learn any foreign language, do you?)

Then try and survive here on the proceeds from selling their 'right to buy' council house and their state pension.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I gained somewhat of an interesting perspective ,watching Grand designs abroad,the couple in question,were renovating a old swiss chalet /farmhouse,at the end,she said,"i can't beilieive it is now mine" next to the wide eyed husband,who had no doubt payed for her excess,and massive ego boost,and looked after the kids,while she was finding herself through the building project,he was eyes agog and tactfully called it their building,to be met with an almost sneer from her.wimpish men like this abound now in the western world,work there balls off only for the wife to toss them away like a broken toaster,when their useufulness has gone,i know,it happened to me,i had a severe neck injury from work,my wife canned me as soon as i told her,"a cripple is no use to me' i was told,so you meet a lady in thailand,that is not only fun,likes sex,and looks after you,this can be when something could go south, but here it is 50-50 after marriage luckily for myself,i have a wonderful caring, wife,i have put some money into additions to the house,and sure i have leant money,mostly all paid back,a few not,not big sums ,what some guys here do not understand is the idea of pu yai,the big man,and the most important of all jai dee,or nam jai,now,it may be all welland good for you guys in Krung Thep{bangkok],but up here in the real Thailand i think you will often find a community that pulls together,supports some of the poorer members,and all in all is a sharing society.

because they're idiots?

Not necessarily.

post-188279-14333447009431_thumb.jpg

White, yes

Educated and wealthy, not so much

Most of the foreigners I meet here, appear to have dropped out of high school to be floor tilers ...........

(I don't really expect them to have the ability to learn any foreign language, do you?)

Then try and survive here on the proceeds from selling their 'right to buy' council house and their state pension.

If they are happier here than in their native country, then why not? Their pension probably stretches further here, so it gives them a better life....cannot knock them for that.

The real Thailand, LOL, I thought Bkk was in Thailand.

Why do so many from the real Thailand find their way to Bkk for work and opportunity?

Answer, coz the real Thailand offers nothing but pain heartache and misery.

In the last year I have visited, in no particular order, Buriram, Surin, Nakon Nayok, Chanthaburi, Korat (cost me a 500 baht speeding ticket), Ubon, Rayong, Cha Am, Hua Hin, Pattaya (lol yes I know not the real Thailand, but then again many from the real Thailand come there for work).

The real Thailand in Bkk, I have NEVER seen one of these 5 day funerals that are so common in the real Thailand.

Have never seen people burning plastic bags etc as happens in the real Thailand.

The real Thailand, LOL.

A loser is a loser, and a plane ride doesn't change that fact.

would that then make a winner a winner, even if the lear jet was out of commision?

I don't know about that. But a whiner is definitely a whiner, as this forum regularly demonstrates.

Why do so many from the real Thailand find their way to Bkk for work and opportunity?

In the last year I have visited, in no particular order, Buriram, Surin, Nakon Nayok, Chanthaburi, Korat (cost me a 500 baht speeding ticket), Ubon, Rayong, Cha Am, Hua Hin, Pattaya (lol yes I know not the real Thailand, but then again many from the real Thailand come there for work).

The real Thailand in Bkk, I have NEVER seen one of these 5 day funerals that are so common in the real Thailand.

Have never seen people burning plastic bags etc as happens in the real Thailand.

The real Thailand, LOL.

You know i used to think some of your posts were okay,you now come across as a very bitter person,5 day funerals are common here,if you have a problem with the culture of the country YOU chose to live in ,maybe it is time you packed up yer bags,and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

The real Thailand, LOL.

You know i used to think some of your posts were okay,you now come across as a very bitter person,5 day funerals are common here,if you have a problem with the culture of the country YOU chose to live in ,maybe it is time you packed up yer bags,and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Bitter, LOL, you couldnt be further from the truth, more like a realist.

Heres some recent stories from the Somchais, Tum had ten days off for Songkran, went to Surin, he was drained of 10,000 baht in 4 days, came back to Bkk.

Peut, was offered 5,000 baht for 3 days work in Bkk, he chose to stay in Bkk and work.

Don and Dao no longer go upcountry for either New Year on Songkran, instead choosing to stay in Bkk.

A farang I cant name, was at his house upcountry just about to give him a lift back to Bkk to catch his flight,

some old yai shoved her hand in his chest palm upwards, no wai, no kor tang noi, no nothing, he pulled out 2,000 baht, i asked him whats that all about, his answer, keeps the mrs happy, she tried the same with me, i told her to ferk off.

Bitter, never paid sin sot, dont pay my wife to live with me, she works and earns her own money, never had to buy worhtless paddy land or build a farang macmansion.

Culture, what culture would that be, Thai, Lao or Khmen, by the way my father in law is a great old guy, will never see me coming on here and knocking him.

Yes you are correct, my mrs cant wait to leave here, we will be leaving as soon as certain events take place, thank you very much for your concern.

PS, forgot to add, the mrs and I can leave when ever we want, we have nothing here, our assets are kept well outside the country, I do appreciate others might not be so fortunate and may well be stuck in loveless relationships coz they parked their pensions or payoffs in the country in someone elses name.

Edited by rgs2001uk

i had a severe neck injury from work,my wife canned me as soon as i told her,"a cripple is no use to me' i was told,so you meet a lady in thailand,that is not only fun,likes sex,and looks after you,this can be when something could go south, but here it is 50-50 after marriage luckily for myself,i have a wonderful caring, wife,i have put some money into additions to the house,and sure i have leant money,mostly all paid back,a few not,not big sums ,what some guys here do not understand is the idea of pu yai,the big man,and the most important of all jai dee,or nam jai,now,it may be all welland good for you guys in Krung Thep{bangkok],but up here in the real Thailand i think you will often find a community that pulls together,supports some of the poorer members,and all in all is a sharing society.

Pure fiction

i had a severe neck injury from work,my wife canned me as soon as i told her,"a cripple is no use to me' i was told,so you meet a lady in thailand,that is not only fun,likes sex,and looks after you,this can be when something could go south, but here it is 50-50 after marriage luckily for myself,i have a wonderful caring, wife,i have put some money into additions to the house,and sure i have leant money,mostly all paid back,a few not,not big sums ,what some guys here do not understand is the idea of pu yai,the big man,and the most important of all jai dee,or nam jai,now,it may be all welland good for you guys in Krung Thep{bangkok],but up here in the real Thailand i think you will often find a community that pulls together,supports some of the poorer members,and all in all is a sharing society.

Pure fiction

Brilliant stuff.

Check out the earlier posts, hilarious.

I have NEVER had to ferk off to somewhere else in Thiland to get away from the wifes family, never mind, dont let the door hit you on the erse on the way out.

Never been asked to stump up 30k baht for a funeral, <deleted>, must live in the wrong part of the real Thailand.

Dont come on here posting after shoving 15 Leos down my throat to try and dull the pain of ferking up.

Up to you, it lies in the selection process, its called sorting out the wheat from the chaff, better men have been known to just walk away and say, chang man hut.

"How do so many farang men get it so horribly wrong in Thailand when it's so easy to get it right?"

You want a F'king book on the subject?

I did it.

And will not cut and paste - they don't like itcoffee1.gif

Was the profanity really called for?

A loser is a loser, and a plane ride doesn't change that fact.

would that then make a winner a winner, even if the lear jet was out of commision?

I don't know about that. But a whiner is definitely a whiner, as this forum regularly demonstrates.
You've been known to whine a bit yourself mate, maybe always having a 'dig' at the 'poorer' farangs because you are soooo rich, but still not happy