Rohingya migrants protest food ban in living quarters

webfact

They lash out against perceived enemies and love to beat their chests and act so very tough because they're xenophobic and insecure.

The Rohingya are not "perceived enemies" of the people of Burma, but are very real enemies.

In 1947 a political party, Jami-a-tul Ulema-e Islam, was formed in Burma with the explicit intent of annexing part of Arakan and attaching it to (then) East Pakistan. The military refused to accede to their request, so the Mujahideen declared jihad on Burma. The Mujahideen then started a process of ethnic cleansing, forcing the native Arakanese out of their own land. They also encouraged mass migration of Rohingya from East Pakistan to bolster their numbers.

There have been a number of subsequent terrorist/guerilla groups including: Rohingya Patriotic Front, Rohingya Solidarity Organisation (RSO) and Arakan Rohingya Islamic Front. Some of these groups were trained by Al-Qaeda and some members fought in Afghanistan for Al-Qaeda.

In 2012 Rohingya declared the "Islamic Republic of Rahmanland" in northern Rakhine.

There's a lot more along similar lines.

Perhaps some people will say "not all Rohingya are bad". But then, that's like Europeans saying before World War II "not all Germans are bad". In World War II it was necessary to take strong measures to keep the Germans out of England and expel them from other lands they had seized. Similarly, it's now necessary for the Myanmar government to take strong measures and expel the Rohingya from the country and send them back to Bangladesh.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lash out against perceived enemies and love to beat their chests and act so very tough because they're xenophobic and insecure.

The Rohingya are not "perceived enemies" of the people of Burma, but are very real enemies.

In 1947 a political party, Jami-a-tul Ulema-e Islam, was formed in Burma with the explicit intent of annexing part of Arakan and attaching it to (then) East Pakistan. The military refused to accede to their request, so the Mujahideen declared jihad on Burma. The Mujahideen then started a process of ethnic cleansing, forcing the native Arakanese out of their own land. They also encouraged mass migration of Rohingya from East Pakistan to bolster their numbers.

There have been a number of subsequent terrorist/guerilla groups including: Rohingya Patriotic Front, Rohingya Solidarity Organisation (RSO) and Arakan Rohingya Islamic Front. Some of these groups were trained by Al-Qaeda and some members fought in Afghanistan for Al-Qaeda.

In 2012 Rohingya declared the "Islamic Republic of Rahmanland" in northern Rakhine.

Perhaps some people will say "not all Rohingya are bad". But then, that's like Europeans saying before World War II "not all Germans are bad". In World War II it was necessary to take strong measures to keep the Germans out of England and expel them from other lands they had seized. Similarly, it's now necessary for the Myanmar government to take strong measures and expel the Rohingya from the country and send them back to Bangladesh.

The Rohingya are Burmese so are already living in their own land.

Burma's history is a series of separatist conflicts, there are still a number of them going on.

You clearly don't know the meaning of "Burmese". "Burmese" is an ethnic group. Rohingya are not Burmese, they are Rohingya or (more broadly) Bengali.

You clearly don't know the meaning of "Burmese". "Burmese" is an ethnic group. Rohingya are not Burmese, they are Rohingya or (more broadly) Bengali.

The country is Burma.

Therefore it's citizens are Burmese.

The Rohingya are thus.

Or whatever name the military junta decided the country should be.

Whatever it is the Rohingya are as much a part of it as any other cultural group there.

Edited by Bluespunk

The country is Burma.

The Rohingya are thus.

The country was Burma, but its citizens are Burmese, Shan, Chin, Rakhine, Mon, etc., etc.. Rohingya are, for the most part, not citizens of Burma and most definitely not Burmese.

(When television closed down for the night the last thing shown was a flag lowering ceremony. Don't know if they still show it. Haven't been to Burma for a few years now. Anyway, present at the ceremony were women representatives of different ethnic groups. However, it was always the Burmese woman who actually lowered the flag.)

Edited by AyG

The country is Burma.

The Rohingya are thus.

Or whatever name the military junta decided the country should be.

Whatever it is the Rohingya are as much a part of it as any other cultural group there.

Thank you. A country is made up of the people who immigrated offer the centuries. Where would the US be without the Irish and the Italians? Thailand is a melting pot too. Indians, Chinese, Cambodians, Laotians, Sumatrans all came here and stayed over the centuries. The Burmese government is incredibly ignorant. Suu should be speaking up too. It seems as her power gets more consolidated she gets more timid.

The country is Burma.

The Rohingya are thus.

The country was Burma, but its citizens are Burmese, Shan, Chin, Rakhine, Mon, etc., etc.. Rohingya are, for the most part, not citizens of Burma and most definitely not Burmese.

(When television closed down for the night the last thing shown was a flag lowering ceremony. Don't know if they still show it. Haven't been to Burma for a few years now. Anyway, present at the ceremony were women representatives of different ethnic groups. However, it was always the Burmese woman who actually lowered the flag.)

The community referred to as Rohingya have roots going back a millennium in that part of the country and are much a citizen of it as any other cultural group.

The Rohingya have had a number of insurgency groups over the decades. From reading it appears that at any one time the membership amounted to around a max of 2,000, more often than not a lot less. One has to ask the question whether this history justifies the State's decades of collective punishment, discrimination & oppressive policies. Of course they are plenty who will say - damn the Muslims. Will the same people damn the Karen, Chin, Kachin & other non Rohingya ethnic groups for armed rebellion lasting decades? Will the same people condemn the Myanmar military for crimes against humanity against a number of ethnic groups?

It's bizarre claiming Rohingya were never citizens, when they actually had their citizenship cancelled - very Orwellian!

If one didn't know better, you would think a number of posters on this forum are members of a Myanmar government sponsored internet troll group; similar to the recently denounced group in Russia.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/putin-kremlin-inside-russian-troll-house

This is getting well off topic to the OP. I never said the Rohingya are the perceived enemies of the people of Burma. I said Muslims generally (which includes moderates and ordinary people) are the perceived enemies of some contributors to this website.

I am aware of the history and the ongoing conflicts in Burma. It is very debated who caused what and every reaction causes a reaction and I'm sure atrocities lead to further atrocities on both sides. I am not interested in taking sides politically on this subject and nor should you.

What we should be interested in is what is happening today and you do not have to travel far on the WWW to see the ethnic cleansing going on against men women and children by the Burmese government which is well documented by CNN BBC New York Times and many other humanitarian organisations if you care to look.

The consequences of that are the fleeing of people and their vulnerability to kidnappers and human traffickers and the killings of such people when ransoms are not paid. This then leads us back to the OP and the food bans of the migrants which is the headline above. The discussion of that, of which we know very little detail of the reasons behind that problem, has led to what I see as a very anti Islamic rage well off topic. We do not have to indulge ourselves in emotive language along the lines of what the Rohingya people "deserve" because they happen to be born Muslim, (or Bangladeshi's for that matter) or to carry guilt for what their ancestors did in 1947.

That is what I have been commenting on.

Nothing wrong here, they're just being typical Moslems, demanding special treatment from the rest of the world.

Islam, the religion of perpetual indignation.

Very similar to the muslim refugee's in the US protesting because the free food they are getting isn't Halal. Send them back home. coffee1.gif

So you would be happy provisioning non kosher food to Jewish refugees ???

The Islamaphobia and racism on here is pathetic.

Why not, it is the same food, no different to what we eat, people bless their food at the table, and slit the throat of their chicken in the back yard, is that not the same, its the same food, a biscuit is a biscuit, no matter how many times I bless it or break it, and a cow is a cow, no matter how you kill it or bless it, the meat will always be beef, nothing to do with food, its the religion

Nothing wrong here, they're just being typical Moslems, demanding special treatment from the rest of the world.

Islam, the religion of perpetual indignation.

Very similar to the muslim refugee's in the US protesting because the free food they are getting isn't Halal. Send them back home. coffee1.gif

So you would be happy provisioning non kosher food to Jewish refugees ???

The Islamaphobia and racism on here is pathetic.

Why not, it is the same food, no different to what we eat, people bless their food at the table, and slit the throat of their chicken in the back yard, is that not the same, its the same food, a biscuit is a biscuit, no matter how many times I bless it or break it, and a cow is a cow, no matter how you kill it or bless it, the meat will always be beef, nothing to do with food, its the religion

You are free to live by that philosophy, it is yours and for you the correct way, your feelings should be respected and not infringed upon by anyone.

The Rohingya may believe differently and should be given the same respect.

send them back immediately ....coffee1.gif

"Where to?" You still haven't answered my repeated question to your repeated statement over several weeks now. I think you ignore it because you enjoy sounding off

I would imagine the answer would be, "from whence they came."

Thank you, finally you replied. Unfortunately back "home" it's illegal to vote, illegal to work, illegal to have citizenship in a country that they have been in for generations, insufficient means of survival in terms of medical aid and sustenance, mostly living in barbed wire camps, plus continual persecution by the 90% Buddhist population. I'm not sure what country you are from Steven100 but I am very sure that if you had these conditions to go back to and you were forced to by authorities supported by people such as yourself, you would try to escape also.

You already know all this but you seem to enjoy ignoring the facts so you can whip up redneck bigotry on TVF's which really makes you one yourself. Sad really. The only thing you have ever said that I agree with is that the traffickers should be dealt to

Errrrm, if you're addressing Steven100 then could you please answer to his post instead of mine .

I would imagine the answer would be, "from whence they came."

Thank you, finally you replied. Unfortunately back "home" it's illegal to vote, illegal to work, illegal to have citizenship in a country that they have been in for generations, insufficient means of survival in terms of medical aid and sustenance, mostly living in barbed wire camps, plus continual persecution by the 90% Buddhist population. I'm not sure what country you are from Steven100 but I am very sure that if you had these conditions to go back to and you were forced to by authorities supported by people such as yourself, you would try to escape also.

You already know all this but you seem to enjoy ignoring the facts so you can whip up redneck bigotry on TVF's which really makes you one yourself. Sad really. The only thing you have ever said that I agree with is that the traffickers should be dealt to

Errrrm, if you're addressing Steven100 then could you please answer to his post instead of mine .

Apologies Kalbo, technical error

Edited by Linzz