Thai Tourist visa questions

Hi, Ive just applied and successfully been given a thai tourist visa with 2 entry permits to the kingdom (£50). The onward travel question on the visa I used England as I may need to come bk within 60 days and return again for a few weeks if need be, but hopefully im looking to just stay about 55 days and return before the entry time expires.

I have a few questions:

1) I have booked a 1 way ticket and have not booked a return flight yet as I don't know when I will be back in England, But it will be before the visa expires - Will I have to show proof of a return ticket at the airport?

2) With this visa would they give me a entry stamp for 60 days or would they just put a 30 day stamp and I will have to return and get another 30day stamp if I want to stay longer?

3) I just used a random hotel ive stayed at before in pukhet as my address but I probably wont be staying here - will this matter and will they ask me of proof of where im staying at the airport?

4) How easy is it to get 30 day extensions in Thailand and what are the procedures?

5) it says the visa is valid for 6 months, does this mean I could visit the kingdom twice in 6 months and stay 60 days a time? or does this mean once ive reached a 60 days limit I would have to wait until the visa expires before I can revisit the country?

Is there anything else anybody can advise me on, that I may need to provide at Bangkok airport with regards to this visa type as ive never travelled on a tourist visa because ive always returned before 30 days.

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by Jay2013

If you have a tourist visa obtained from a Thai Embassy or Consulate no proof of return or onward travel is required.

You will receive "permission to stay" for 60 days when you arrive. 30 day extensions are easily obtained from an immigration office at a cost of 1900 Bht.

You can stay wherever you wish. It is very unlikely you will be asked where you are staying.

The visa validity date is just that. It means the visa must be used before it expires .

If you have a visa which permits 2 entries both entries must be made prior to the use by or enter before date.

Edited by nzexpat

1. with a tourist visa you do not need proof of onward travel (a ticket out of Thailand).

2. Upon entry you get a permission to stay for 60 days, which yu can extend by 30 days if you want.

3. Doesn't matter

4. Very easy. Fill in the form, supply passport and arrival card (plus photo copies) and a pass photo, pay 1,900 baht.

5. You can enter Thailand twice during the validity of the visa. Each time you can stay for 60 days (and extend by another 30 days). Remember that the second entry must be made before the visa expires, but once inside you can stay for 60 day and even extend 30 days regardless of the expiry date of the visa itself.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys a quick question again regarding extending my stay by 1 month as the initial 2 months given expires soon. Where exactly in bangkok do i go to in order to get the extension done? Do they ask for any reason for the extension of stay? And if i understand correctly i need to provide a photocopy of my arrival card and passport bio data page? And a seperate passport picture? Can some please clarify the exact procedure.

You apply for the extension here

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

You will need

Completed TM7 form (Download the form here http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download )

The reason for the application would be "tourism"

Copy of Bio page of passport, visa, entry stamp and departure card

Passport photo

1900 Bht fee.

Edited by nowretired

Baxer how long ago was this? Im living at my fiances home and only have a letter frm the uk addressed to me there as proof would this be ok?

April 2013, Jomtien immigration. I have no idea if a letter is proof enough.

Baxer how long ago was this? Im living at my fiances home and only have a letter frm the uk addressed to me there as proof would this be ok?

Has the fiancee reported your presence in her home using a TM30 form ?

Edited by nowretired

No my son lives there and im waiting for his passport on a tourist visa. Whats a tm30 form and why would it matter for a simple 1 month extension?

No my son lives there and im waiting for his passport on a tourist visa. Whats a tm30 form and why would it matter for a simple 1 month extension?

See above !

Even a one night stay should be reported.

Why the aggressive post ?

right i got the extension done the other day at sakaeo immigration.

i had to provide proof of address in the form on my fiances fathers id card and page from tabien baan showing he is the owner of the house we are currently staying at plus 2 forms filled and signed by him.

copies of my passport bio data page, visa and entry stamp and arrival card plus fee. took about 30 mins in total.

question: the officer advised me that once the additional 30 days are up i can do a land crossing into cambodia from aranyapradet as this is very close to where i stay and get a additional 60 days plus 30 more extended if needed because i have a double entry tourist 6 month visa. I was under the immpression this wasnt possible if i do a land crossing and only possible if i fly out and bk into thailand. can someone please confirm this for me.

Edited by Jay2013

right i got the extension done the other day at sakaeo immigration.

i had to provide proof of address in the form on my fiances fathers id card and page from tabien baan showing he is the owner of the house we are currently staying at plus 2 forms filled and signed by him.

copies of my passport bio data page, visa and entry stamp and arrival card plus fee. took about 30 mins in total.

Did her father have to go too and what were the 2 forms he signed?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No we took the forms back home and got them filled as its only a 20 min drive from the office. I dnt know what the forms exactly were as he filled them out in thai but my fiance tld me it was details about him on 1 page and me on another. Im sure if your staying in a hotel proof of hotel booking would be accepted but because i am not, they asked for those details.