Thai Lottery tickets will be available at PTT pumps nationwide

webfact

Lottery tickets will be available at PTT pumps nationwide

3-6-2558-9-46-42-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PTT Plc will allow handicapped vendors to sell lottery tickets at its 1,500 pumps nationwide and will also buy unsold tickets from them.

This was revealed by PTT president and chief executive Pailin Chuchottaworn yesterday.

He disclosed that this was part of the company to help solve overpricing problem of lottery tickets, and help small time vendors.

He said he has met the Government Lottery Office (GLO) board chairman Maj Gen Apirak Kongsompong and they have agreed to help small lottery vendors, particularly handicapped vendors to have spaces in the petrol stations to sell lotto tickets at no costs.

But vendors must sell lottery tickets at the official price of 80 baht a pair, while PTT will not charge rental fees for the spaces, he said.

This will also help the handicapped vendors to sell safely as they don’t have to walk along the streets risking traffic accidents and snatching by thieves, he said.

Moreover PTT will also buy the tickets from these handicapped vendors if they are not sold out before lottery draw, he said.

He said many vendors have contacted PTT for permission to sell tickets at the petrol stations.

He said PTT will require handicapped vendors to register first to join the scheme, adding that it might cooperate with the associations of the handicapped which were allocated lottery quotas from the GLO to register for selling at petrol stations.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lottery-tickets-will-be-available-at-ptt-pumps-nationwide

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-03

I can see a roaring trade with the non-handicapped vendors all over the country discounting their unsold tickets to handicapped vendors to claim a refund from PTT.

There may also be a huge surge in wheelchair sales across the country as non handicapped vendors strive to achieve instant and tangible handicapped status.

Good on PTT for the philanthropic gesture, but it can be expected to go tits up and be rife with theft and corruption within days hours of the initiative starting.

Note to self, don't bother filling up at PTT,as you will

have a job getting near a pump,as all the buyers mill

around looking for that lucky number.

regards Worgeordie

I had similar thoughts: 'I hope they're not near the pumps' :D

Great move by PTT. Well done. Everyone will know where to pick up a 80 baht ticket,

and everyone needs to get gas for there car or scooter. A win win I think. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ulic

Great move by PTT. Well done. Everyone will know where to pick up a 80 baht ticket,

and everyone needs to get gas for there car or scooter. A win win I think. thumbsup.gif

A win win situation only if there is sufficient separate parking space available for non-lottery customers to arrive, buy fuel and leave without being snarled-up in long queues. I don't usually buy fuel from PTT, but for the next couple of months it'll definitely be a place I'll be avoiding until the 'dust has settled' and it becomes clearer what the situation is.

Edited by joebrown

Well done PTT.

Good to see them helping disabled people. 1 WORD OF WARNING.

Please check that lottery vendors are genuinely disabled, and not allow crooks etc to sell tickets as disabled people.

Put the lottery online and in 7-11. Problem solved.

Accept for the disabled that rely on this income.

I keep hearing this mantra over and over, "but this is how disabled people get their income".

Seriously? This is an entire country's solution to taking care of disabled people? Parking them in 40C sun so they can sell tickets for a rigged lottery? Surely some of the more developed countries on this planet have devised a better solution.

So many cynical comments as usual, these disabled people are already doing this for a living. This makes it easier for them, plus they never have to loose on unsold tickets.

I think it's the best thing anyone has come up with in a long time, helping the little guys. Plus so what if they sell other vendors tickets back to PTT, it certainly isn't going to break their bank. facepalm.gif

Note to self, don't bother filling up at PTT,as you will

have a job getting near a pump,as all the buyers mill

around looking for that lucky number.

regards Worgeordie

They do that up my wife's village, they look around for lucky numbers, then after the lottery is over and they don't win, well yes you guessed it, I take the piss out of them for the lucky number crap, how can they be lucky if they don't win, and who says they are lucky, a two headed rat.

We were told that the sellers had to sell the tickets at more than 80Bt because they have to pay about that fto buy the tickets (after the various rake-offs have been taken).

At 110Bt a pair, they were making at least 30Bt a pair.

Has the price to them been dropped to 50Bt? And if not, what exactly is the incentive to sell them at almost nil profit?

Well done PTT.

Good to see them helping disabled people. 1 WORD OF WARNING.

Please check that lottery vendors are genuinely disabled, and not allow crooks etc to sell tickets as disabled people.

Drop a 100 Baht note on the ground then wait and see how long it takes before they jump up out of the wheelchair to get it.

I can imagine what it will be like. Somchai pulls up at the pump and then wanders off to look at lottery tickets....mean while the que at the pumps gets longer and longer!