Mozilla Whiteouts

bapak

Have Win 7 Ultimate with 4gb. Used Mozilla for over 3 years. Have updated with latest uprades. Have also terminated and reinstalled Mozilla.

For past week, have continually "whiteouts".... and then Mozilla terminating. It restarts with files it had on terminating.
If uses with Flash. It will terminate immediately Have now disabled Flash and other likely problem Add Ons.

But "whiteourts" persists.

Firefox?

It is getting worse with every update....

Unfortunately, your right. It's a shame.

well they are a commercial company now :-(

But with uBlock it is still a pleasure to use it and it seems to be faster and more stable.

What annoys me the most is that went it fails there is a notice from Mozilla asking if I want Mozilla to learn of this and do I want them to responds. Over the past week I repeated asked them to respond but nary a word.

I've found issues when firefox consumes around 2 GB of RAM, it's fine before it gets to about the 2GB mark. I have 32 GB of RAM in my main computer so 2 GB should be no issue at all.

I occasionally get a black page inside the browser, in fact this happened yesterday. I leave my computer turned on all the time and the browser will never be closed unless this 'black page' issue happens.

This memory bloat is obviously due to memory leaks. Terminating the process in task manager and restarting fixes it every time for me so it might be unrelated to your issue but I have also disabled Flash which probably isn't a bad thing as it's behind of a lot of security issues from what I've heard.

So for me firefox has issues when memory consumption reaches 2GB or more, right now it's working perfectly with about 1GB consumed.

Same for me with Firefox recently. After a using it for a while, it uses up too much memory and CPU goes to 50%.

Have to periodically restart to fix it.

Suppose it could be a dodgy extension though.

Same for me with Firefox recently. After a using it for a while, it uses up too much memory and CPU goes to 50%.

Have to periodically restart to fix it.

Suppose it could be a dodgy extension though.

I disabled every extension and add on in Firefox months ago and it still happens to me.

If I want to use youtube I switch to Chrome, no biggie I guess. Firefox sucks these days.

I did investigate this some time ago and I believe it's a long standing issue (years) related to memory leaks in Firefox itself, so it's just bad programming on a crappy old system maintained by idiots.

Refreshed as suggested by Mozilla. Now I get the infamous rotating circleon my Desktop. Only way to stop, is to reboot. But on starting Mozilla, problem starts all over again.

Thanks guys, I thought it was my computer. Firefox was a breathof fresh air after IE, But now it becoming unresponsive on a regular basis.

try to uninstall Firefox.

Install it new

use uBlock

I did it and now Firefox is running a lot better than before with one zillion updates. Also without the promotion it seems to run more reliable.

I have completely disabled Flash and every is working fine EXCEPT when trying to send a email, can enter address and subject but cannot access the body.

Woe is me

I as well have no flash installed.....Send Email? Firefox is a Webbrowser. You mean gmail or yahoo or something like that?

Thanks guys, I thought it was my computer. Firefox was a breathof fresh air after IE, But now it becoming unresponsive on a regular basis.

try to uninstall Firefox.

Install it new

use uBlock

I did it and now Firefox is running a lot better than before with one zillion updates. Also without the promotion it seems to run more reliable.

Have done as you suggested plus latest update of Flash...Using now for over 12 hours and no problem. Back to the old Firefox. Thanks.