Nong Hoi Area Pros and Cons

stament

Nonghoi is a nice area, pretty convenient to everywhere, schools, airport, railway etc. I was living there during the flood, house didn't flood, just the land, kids enjoyed it all. Only lasted a couple of days, better if it hadn't of course, but no big deal really.

The other thing to note about flooding is that if the house is built with it in mind, and many are, the impact is minimal.

Our house was three steps up for all living areas except the kitchen, a bathroom and one of the bedrooms. The areas not up steps were flooded, but once the water receded it took two of us an afternoon to clean up. All the electric sockets were 4ft off the floor so no electrics were affected. We got the hose out, some floor cleaner, a couple of scrubbing brushes and we were done. Our landlord was even given a few thousand baht by the government in compensation, which we never saw of course.

Agree that Nong Hoi is great, I'd be back there if I was ever to move into the city again. Nong Hoi market and 89 Plaza supply virtually all you need. My only gripe is that stretch of the 106 is quite congested, but the backstreets offer alternative routes.