Out-of-control Truck slams into parked vehicles in North Pattaya

Rimmer

Out-of-control Truck slams into parked vehicles in North Pattaya

crash-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--There was traffic chaos on the North Pattaya Road on Friday Morning after a 6-wheel truck suffered a major mechanical failure and its driver lost control of the vehicle which slammed into parked cars, pick-ups and motorbikes.

No one was injured in the incident according to Police who quickly arrived at the scene of the crash on the Sukhumvit-bound carriageway of the North Pattaya Road, close to the entrance of the North Pattaya Bus Terminal.

The driver of the truck, Khun Gamon aged 60, who works for the Siaboon Transport Company, told Police that he had just delivered a consignment of air conditioning units to a customer nearby from a warehouse in Sriracha. He initially double-parked outside of the customers shop and when he finished unloading he went to his truck and drove off in search of a more permanent parking space. As he drove he soon realized his gear box had failed causing him to lose control of his truck which slammed into parked pick-ups and cars and then a row of parked motorbike bikes.

See more:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199403/out-of-control-truck-slams-into-parked-vehicles-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-06

My gear-box failed once when I was in the UK, got stuck in second, still managed to drive from Ormskirk to Haydock without hitting anything.

You not understand - UK gearbox and Thai gearbox different whistling.gif

gearbox failed means some trash lying on the floor (like a water bottle) got jammed under the clutch pedal or just maybe he was on his phone .......or both

Why no pictures of the carnage ?

Why was he illegally double-parked ? Lazyness !!

If the driver had unloaded, why was he going to park ??

Probably thinks with his longwinded nonsense story he will confuse the police into letting him get away with it.

Why was he illegally double-parked ? Lazyness !!

If the driver had unloaded, why was he going to park ??

Probably thinks with his longwinded nonsense story he will confuse the police into letting him get away with it.

So you think he should have gone and found a nice parking spot somewhere and then carried all the air-conditioning units and compressors to the customer??

And if he had unloaded why shouldn't he go and find somewhere to park? What do you want him to do - dive round all day?

What a nonsense post.

Might be a problem with the gearbox between his ears

Guys Nothing to do with the gear box, Most of those Trucks have Air over Hydrualic operated Brake systems,

No Air --------------No Brake,

For reasons unknown that driver did not wait for the Air pressure to build up & just drove off from his temporary parking,

New Similar Trucks on the market today have EURO Brake systems No Air you cannot move double acting brake chambers need Air to release that big Coil Spring

Solly Boss

I guess he was in a hurry to beat that flashing green light, turn left onto Sukhumvit and get home early. Coming down a fair bit of a hill there too, easily can get up to 60 kph. Oh no! They're slowing down?! Where's my gap gone?!!!....

Next?

My gear-box failed once when I was in the UK, got stuck in second, still managed to drive from Ormskirk to Haydock without hitting anything.

You not understand - UK gearbox and Thai gearbox different whistling.gif

gearbox failed means some trash lying on the floor (like a water bottle) got jammed under the clutch pedal or just maybe he was on his phone .......or both

Basically, it wasn't his fault.

There is no Thai equivalent of ''sorry, my bad''

...heavy duty trucks do not operate like a pickup truck. If his gearbox truly failed---or worse--began rolling when in neutral, not possible to pop the clutch to start engine. Air hose failure and/or gearbox is a very real possibility. No engine, no air = no brakes.

Very bad combo.

Insurance will be buying everyone a new motor vehicle, or will they wiggle out of paying for any vehicular compensation?

Luckily not one got sent to the hospital, but I can imagine the sounds of scraping metal, plastic and rubber being ground into a mess.

...heavy duty trucks do not operate like a pickup truck. If his gearbox truly failed---or worse--began rolling when in neutral, not possible to pop the clutch to start engine. Air hose failure and/or gearbox is a very real possibility. No engine, no air = no brakes.

Very bad combo.

Insurance will be buying everyone a new motor vehicle, or will they wiggle out of paying for any vehicular compensation?

Luckily not one got sent to the hospital, but I can imagine the sounds of scraping metal, plastic and rubber being ground into a mess.

He drove off.

Seems he had a functioning engine, clutch and gearbox at that point in time.