Buying an elephant.

papa al

I am certain that you need a special permit. To be honest in all of my years here, I have heard some silly requests but this tops the cake.

Why is this silly ? Thailand has indigenous elephants which are put to work, Thai nationals have and own elephants used for various things

So will ask again why is this request silly ?

Are are you being a racist suggesting a lilly white can't own an elephant

If the OP lived in the middle of London and was asking this then I may agree with your opinion, but we are not

To put us all out of our misery, why do you want to buy an Elephant, where you going to keep it. What do you intend to do with it.

You would get regular visits from the Police/authorities to collect tea money.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Agreed.

Please explain what you need such an animal for please. Your replies have been a little smart shall we so far yet no mention of what your intentions are with such a beast.

Remember .. an elephant`s not just for Christmas you know.

Years ago they were, but not now. You also might want to make sure your lease does not have a "No Elephants" clause. If it does, your screwed.

Maybe he could hide it under the bed.

Just a thought.

how can you see it is a she? Because of the pink ears?

There is no doubt. She is a she.

Male elephants have a very prominent bulging forehead. The female in this picture does not have.

I tried finding a good picture, but couldn't.

Next time you see a group of elephants - look for this. Dead easy to spot the difference.

Thanks I didn't know that......Never thought to look at the head......

Hi guys, I think you are all dead wrong. His looking for the "NanYang" species which can buy in every shop in your Soi. Just check that they have the brandmark of a trumpeting elephant near his lower trumpet They are docile and walk with you everywhere. But like a shower after a long walk.

Perhaps he wants to buy a rhino. I know that I like them and they are a lot of them for long term lease.

If you don't understand, translate rhino in Thai and ask what it means in slang.

Perhaps he wants to buy a rhino. I know that I like them and they are a lot of them for long term lease.

If you don't understand, translate rhino in Thai and ask what it means in slang.

only don't buy a buffalo, they get sick very easily and the buffalo medicine is very expensive. Many Farang men had to help out some poor families with sick buffalo.

These Farangs are than often called Kwai-Farang which is the honor title of a Farang who paid the medicine for the sick buffalo....But that is of topic it is here about Elephants.

Papa Al posted his question after that happened to him, so give him time to recover and he will answer you questions or not because he forgot

or may be he want to teach behaviour lessons to elephants?

So why did the elephant hit the guy with his trunk do you think? Did the elephant think the guy was trying to steal his food?

Agree with you, for me what is stupid is having own kids, but adopting anything already born is a chance for this thing ;-)

I am certain that you need a special permit. To be honest in all of my years here, I have heard some silly requests but this tops the cake.

Why is this request silly?

If one has the resources and the inclination, why not rear an Elephant?

Some have dogs, cats, mice as pets...

Two old Jewish friends meet on the street.

Abie says to Hymie "Hymie, have I got a bargain for you!

I can let you have an elephant for 600 shekels!"

Hymie replies "Abie, are you crazy? I live in a 21st floor condominium - where am I going to keep an elephant?"

So Abie then says "OK, OK, how about TWO elephants for 1,000 shekels?"

And Hymie says "Ah, now you're talking!"

Shalom Best iv read for years ,

Shalom! It wasn't really a joke for goyim!

Papa Al posted his question after that happened to him, so give him time to recover and he will answer you questions or not because he forgot

or may be he want to teach behaviour lessons to elephants?

So why did the elephant hit the guy with his trunk do you think? Did the elephant think the guy was trying to steal his food?

Who wouldn't?

When someone keeps insisting on sticking their fingers in you plate of food?

tongue.png

mesquite, only an elephant whisperer can tell you.

But do you like to get disturbed when have dinner?

I have it on good authority that very soon there is going to be a school of elephant whispering set up,

Its 1200 USD for a series of on line webinars to mentor people in how to get the best from your pachyderm thus enabling you to realise completely unrealistic profits from said mammal

Make sure they include the spiked stick thingy in the price so you can train it properly with torture like the mahouts do.

It is not spiked stick thingy it is a Goad.

It is a metal hook.

They are sharpened every day as the Elephant has thick tough skin that can damage the Goad.

Goads are expensive you do not want to be buying a new one every week

Make sure they include the spiked stick thingy in the price so you can train it properly with torture like the mahouts do.

It is a metal hook.

They are sharpened every day as the Elephant has thick tough skin that can damage the Goad.

I have read many times that Goads are illegal in Thailand. FWIW.

It is a metal hook.

The ankus or elephant hook

What is an elephant hook?
The ankus or elephant hook, in the colloquial language of the elephant keepers briefly named hooks, is an very old aid in handling elephants by humans. Already in the old Asian pictures, the Mahout is always shown with an ankus.
The modern elephant hooks do not look as terrible as in these pictures. In some Asian countries the elephants are commanded still with rather fear-exciting hooks.
What does an ankus look like today?
In Western circuses and zoos, some keepers or trainers tries to hide the hook point with a shaving brush or smaller, but sharper spikes. The effect remains however the same.

post-75187-0-90721500-1433846390_thumb.j