Handcrafted aircraft models

balford

I am involved in a project to prepare a travelling display relating to WWII and am after a series of carved wooden aircraft models as part of the display - wood is preferred because the display will be on the road for twelve months so they need to be strong and durable.

There used to be a bloke in Chiangmai who made these models and they were excellent - he had a small stand in the Sunday Walking Street each Sunday. I had his card but have lost it and I'd like to get in touch with him. Anybody here on Thaivisa know of this bloke and/or his contact details please?

Cheers,

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

Can not help with your request. But I would be interested in hearing about the display you are preparing as it progresses. If you do find the carved aircraft please add a photo and some details.

Thanks.

I have not seen an wooden aircraft models for years. Somebody was making wooden OV10's and they looked realistic but it that might have been 10 years ago. I would cruise around Ban Tawai and ask. What they make at Ban Tawai changes all the time. Somebody may be making aircraft models or did so in the past.