Hot or what?

Yooyung

Maybe.....it just seems hotter...for longer. The other day it got down to about 33 degrees here and it felt like heavan!

Sorry! I didn't realise you were just looking for a chat & forgive me for providing a link which answered your question laugh.png

(recorded 51 last week here, but only 10% humidity, in the shade, 48 & 30% humidity today, not even summer yet, can we switch places?)

Not at my good fellow.....all useful stuff....its just the Sunday morning hangover (and heat) didn't lend itself to anything more than a round of harmless banter regarding how bl**dy hot it is. Causes for the heat will be investigated further on this, a very pleasant morning here after a night of very heavy rain.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sakaeo province update,

big storm this afternoon, and its raining steady now too, i like it steady them big storms course floods,

its just nice to get some rain,

-------------------------------------

Thunder and lighting woke me up about 2 a.m. here in Bangkok.

At least 3 hours of storms and rain causing usual traffic jams for people going to work this morning.

Rain stopped now, however.

This was about a week ago, at 8.30am east of Pattaya, under a covered patio.

attachicon.gifTerras 8.30am.jpg

needs to be 1.2 metres off the floor in a white louvred box, its not really 46c AIR temp and the sun is on it, I live in Prachuap the driest part of Thailand highest ever seen here is 42c that's under the eaves of the house in full shade all day, you also have to tae into account radiated heat sources which will bugger up your reading ie the patio floor radiating heat this is why it should be in a vented white box 1.2 metre off the floor.

Best sit on the back of a pick up drive around keeping thermo covered and see what it is then, it certainly wouldn't be 46c at 8.30 in the morning.

Heres the averages

http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Thailand/Pattaya/climate-profile.aspx

Edited by kannot

This is the price we pay for the coolest winter in years.

Maybe in central Thailand , in the North is was a short warm winter compared to the last 2. This year is hotter and dryer , less clouds to lower the suns heat.

A post in poor taste has been removed.

We saw the flash and bang going on towards Bangkok lastnight, but had pretty well no rain in Pathum.

Ground is bone dry, changed the water in the kids pool on Saturday, it had gone a bit green, 4,500 litres of water just vanished into the lawn without a trace.

Its been unseasonably hot up here in Isaan,as well.

You expect it in March and April but May and so far in June its been about 37c during the day and no lower than 27c at night.You would expect some rain from early May onwards but very little this year.

That said,we had a big thunderstorm last night and this morning its overcast with a fresh breeze.....heaven.

We were down in Hat Yai a couple of weeks back and it was noticeably cooler than in Isaan.ohmy.png

Send some this way. I only have air in the bedroom...I suffer through it during the day. It makes those afternoon showers all the sweeter.

I am in khon kaen and driving past the police box at central plaza, the temperature was showing 45 degrees the other day .. I too only have air in one bedroom and shower to keep cool during the day time .. the problem i have however, is that my water tank is situated in a position which gets the full midday sun ...so no cool showers for me ,.. more like a sauna .... still refreshes me however.

A post in poor taste has been removed.

We saw the flash and bang going on towards Bangkok lastnight, but had pretty well no rain in Pathum.

Ground is bone dry, changed the water in the kids pool on Saturday, it had gone a bit green, 4,500 litres of water just vanished into the lawn without a trace.

Here in Ekamai it woke us up at 2 am and went out of the bedroom to check windows, sliders etc. as the damn heat lulled us into a false sense of security.

I closed up what was open.

It rained off and on until about 4 and then full on till 6. Never seen such lovely storm. The lightning hit everything nearby but not our building. I saw several strikes on the usual buildings. A friend has some good pics and video.

We got what we wanted. It was a nice 26 degrees at 5:00 am.

10:30 here now and it is 29 already. Here we go again.

This was about a week ago, at 8.30am east of Pattaya, under a covered patio.

attachicon.gifTerras 8.30am.jpg

The sun appears to be hitting the corner of the unit wink.png

attachicon.gif20150602_142313.jpg

The sun is on the corner of the thermometer, because i turned it to be able to take the picture, before I turned it in that position it read 47.3°. wai2.gif

Edited by Anthony5

Phra Khanong district of Bangkok, it has been 36-37 feels like California. Not as hot as Florida, with temperature and humidity percentage is almost the same number. Not experienced heat like the 1-1/2 years I lived in Iraq with temperatures reaching 135°F and there's no such thing as a cool breeze.

We had about an hours rain in Jomtien this morning. It is still overcast so maybe some more later. Great comments so far. I think normal rain may return soon. Good Luck up North. I have heard they need it.

In April when you would expect it to be hot it was not too bad here in Kalasin... since the beginning of May it has been very hot and humid.. even the locals are complaining.. the good news is that we have been getting a bit of rain lately.. a good shower last night.. today a cool 31C.. :-)

Some how I think you are totally correct... Live here in Las Vegas, amazingly the weather has been quite cool this year. Have done research on this also, amazing weather patterns happening everywhere..... Just know that the garden is delighted this year, as are the fruit trees. Bunker crops this year, but did read about El Nino.

Interesting topic, in my thoughts.....

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Yes, its been very hot here in Pattaya and no rain for weeks. So didnt expect that .

Anyway it's time for me to leave soon for my Scandinavian vacation and the summer just starting up there, looking for ward to experience a fresh breeze and 22 degrees celsius. And no pollution compared with Thailand, no littering in the streets .

But it comes with a price, and I'm on a budget so only 3 weeks and I'll be back thumbsup.gif

Got a little rain this morning in Pattaya....lovely....?

post-53398-0-29320100-1433739599_thumb.j

It has been hot up Udon Thani way also.

Today is the first day for about a month it is in the low 30's, which feels cool. This effect might be the result of the lack of rain in the rainy season so far. That generally cools things off significantly during the day.

It is the combination of heat and discomfort that produces discomfort. It mat rain the night before, cooling everything down, but when the sun starts to evaporate all that moisture, that's when you may7 even feel unwell. The Thais certainly don't like it, I have only respect for the son in law that is preparing for the rice sowing..

"It is the combination of heat and discomfort that produces discomfort."

Can't argue with that. It's inevitable that discomfort will cause discomfort.

Send some this way. I only have air in the bedroom...I suffer through it during the day. It makes those afternoon showers all the sweeter.

Truely amazing what some people will put up with facepalm.gif

I guess I could install air downstairs but to be honest most of the time (until lately) it not necessary. I don't really care about being a bit hot in the day....this is Thailand, I don't want to live in an artificial bubble 24/7. I'd say most of the time Thailand isn't bad at all, Australia can be damn hot as well. I have friends that run air all day and night, they have electricity bills of 7000 + Baht sometimes. Me, I pay about 1500 per month and spend the saving on marshmallows and ladybird books...

Maybe it's my lack of any outdoor themometers that makes Ubon feel warm but well within the comfort zone even of a Viking from the great white north. My lawn and garden welcomed the semi-daily rains and a little cloud cover though.

Thunder rumbling away here (Phuket) much of the time, and occasional overcast skies, but little or nothing in the way of RAIN. Now a month overdue. Time to wake up the rain god.

Truly you should be careful what you ask for. Just an hour after posting that the skies opened and the rain poured down, flooding half the garden and turning the soi into a fast flowing river! At least I don't have to water for a couple of days.