Three Hong Kong tourists killed, four others injured in road accident

If it's a choice between using one of these and a big bus I will always choose the big bus every time even if it less comfortable and slower.

And if I'm using the road myself and I see one of these vehicles in my mirror (almost always coming up on me fast) I always pullover now to let them go past. Suicidal maniacs they all are who think nothing about tailgating and using their mobile phone at the same time.bah.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We rent a condo off of that road, people drive insane, as fast as they can. I hate having to cross that road, no one will ever slow down for you. Everyone says how passive & kind the Thai's are, but when they get behind the wheel, they want to kill you. I have been in parking garages where the cars have to stop to get a parking ticket & they won't even stop to let you cross the road to get to the mall, they are insane drivers, I have hit & kicked peoples cars to get them to stop, but they never do. These people take out all there frustration on the road killing & injuring people without in regard for others, & you think the Thai people are Kind. I got forced off the road by a scooter the other day, lucky i had time to kick the back of his bike causing him & the bike to go down, he jumped off & looked at me amazed that anyone would do such a thing, he looked at me, we had words, and he picked up his bike and drove off. Farangs are not use to be run over by motor scooters & most not willing to put up with it. Can't they just be civilised.

You really need to be careful about hitting and kicking people's vehicles. I know there are times where I feel I would like to do the same but you really can't tell what reaction you might provoke. There have been discussion several times in previous threads involving this subject mentioning that some drivers even carry firearms.

It's pretty evident to me that frustration is continuing to build up in drivers. But I would suggest you just turn the other cheek and by all means curse them to yourself but don't use any physical gestures. You don't know what can of worms you could open up.wai.gif

This incident just happened in London last week when the driver of a vehicle believed a cyclist had hit the side of his car with his hand sad.png

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/69040607/video-cyclist-and-4x4-driver-in-pure-road-rage-fight

lifting gear would have made the job of extricating the injured much easier I have no doubt that they attempted to extricate them at the scene that's why it took so long will these people ever learn?.

We rent a condo off of that road, people drive insane, as fast as they can. I hate having to cross that road, no one will ever slow down for you. Everyone says how passive & kind the Thai's are, but when they get behind the wheel, they want to kill you. I have been in parking garages where the cars have to stop to get a parking ticket & they won't even stop to let you cross the road to get to the mall, they are insane drivers, I have hit & kicked peoples cars to get them to stop, but they never do. These people take out all there frustration on the road killing & injuring people without in regard for others, & you think the Thai people are Kind. I got forced off the road by a scooter the other day, lucky i had time to kick the back of his bike causing him & the bike to go down, he jumped off & looked at me amazed that anyone would do such a thing, he looked at me, we had words, and he picked up his bike and drove off. Farangs are not use to be run over by motor scooters & most not willing to put up with it. Can't they just be civilised.

You really need to be careful about hitting and kicking people's vehicles. I know there are times where I feel I would like to do the same but you really can't tell what reaction you might provoke. There have been discussion several times in previous threads involving this subject mentioning that some drivers even carry firearms.

It's pretty evident to me that frustration is continuing to build up in drivers. But I would suggest you just turn the other cheek and by all means curse them to yourself but don't use any physical gestures. You don't know what can of worms you could open up.wai.gif

Why not

Why is a flight Lt. driving a tourist van?

I can fly, oops no he can't

As has already been pointed out this is a daily occurrence. Of course the driver would have done a runner but he was trapped.

I don't understand why people just sit and say nothing.

Why is a flight Lt. driving a tourist van?

Flight Lieutenant Arthit Chalerm-at, the driver, and Au Wing read again

Two of the bodies were identified as Flight Lieutenant Arthit Chalerm-at, the driver, and Au Wing Yan, 32, a female Hong Kong tourist. Two other bodies could not be identified -------------

As I see it----as written--the Flt Lt was driving--otherwise the " Driver " would make 5 killed -not 4 ??

The drivers are full of YaBa tat's why they act like crazy on the roads, a Thai friend of mine told me that the drivers need yaba to stay focused.

God! This is dreadful! A kid was also killed. Please help dessiminate this article back home to your freinds, relatives and media so that less people would come to this dangerous country.

You including yourself in this Nick, if you're here are you leaving because of a RTA, or are you never returning to Thailand because of an RTA ?

Worldwide an average of 1,240,000 people are killed in Road accidents each year, get a grip lads, there are over 1,200,000 Killed on the roads outside Thailand.

http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2013/en/

Yes Thai Roads can be dangerous, but every time there's an accident here it's like there are only accidents in Thailand and nowhere else, now I know this is ThaiVisa, renowned home of old miserable men who made the mistake of moving to a developing country when they most likely should have stayed home, but there are accidents in every country, in developing countries there are more then in developed countries, didn't you know that before you chose to move here ?

Unbelievable you wouldn't do some research before you left your Nanny state.

This incident just happened in London last week when the driver of a vehicle believed a cyclist had hit the side of his car with his hand sad.png

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/69040607/video-cyclist-and-4x4-driver-in-pure-road-rage-fight

You didn't actually believe his post about kicking cars and kicking motorcycles causing people to fall off did you ?

I bet he was in the SAS too.

Didn't think there would be to many replies too my posts, once the Thai bashing is stopped dead in its tracks with some facts, the Thai Bashers retreat and wait for the next opportunity, jeez, I love ThaiVisa.

I'm sure many of you people don't live in Thailand or if you do, you've had little experience outside Thailand.

Before there was a tirade of abuse towards Thai people, then as if by magic, it stopped. ThaiVisa, home of the bandwagon jumpers.

A speed limiter is perhaps a first step in the right direction with a maximum of 90km/hrs, also for busses and trucks.

A tachograph with strict control will be a second step.

I used to drive a truck with a speed limiter fitted----can be VERY deadly when overtaking--and easily be caught in " no man's land " if the vehicle on the inside decides he doe'snt want to be overtaken---and you are stuck out there with rapidly aproaching oncoming traffic--soon learnt my lesson -never bothered to overtake unless on a motorway going downhill !!

Why is this even considered news any more? Just f4cking sad and ignorant. Thainess, sponsoring the 2nd highest road fatality rate in the world. Hell, they can't even get THAT right.

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

If they were counting the road killings correct they would be a clear #1 crying.gif

• 2 weeks later...

many people on this forum don't ride big bikes, big motorcycles in Thailand. i do. if you did, you would know that the Thais are deliberately trying to kill you. to say other wise or to defend the murderous Thais behind a steering wheel is a disservice to anyone coming to Thailand. people must be warned.

Archived