Re: TV Dog Lover's Photo Sharing.

Dear Members,

What do you good people think of this idea?

I would like to start a thread where we could all share photo/photos of our loved furry companions. I mean let's show them off!

It's merely for the fun and delight of we dog lovers. No restrictions as to breed, pedigree, or any professional qualities. Thus mutts and such are all welcome!

But...it must be your own 'furry buddy/buddies.

Each of us shall cast a vote at the end of the month, which I will duly count and post the results here for all to see and announce the winner.

You can vote for your own 'furry buddy/buddies' if you like!

Profile photos or candid ones are all accepted. It would be nice though if included with the photos are: Name, age, character, and some description of your buddy/buddies.

A short story of how they came into your life accompanying your photos are very much encouraged and appreciated.

However, I urged that negative comments and dispensing of unsolicited advise be reserved as it's not what this thread's for and for it not to be derailed from the objective.

It's simply, photo sharing and showing of our 'loved furry companions'!

If it's not against forum rules, I am most obliged to sponsor the winner's price, too.

I'll start with the photos of 2 of our buddies from my pack of 16, to set the ball rolling :)

The attached photos are of Tia, and Hotdog, 18 months old 'Killer' Shitzus. They are siblings I bought from a night market in Nongkhai.

They are in fact, serial killers with 4 Chickens, 1 Duck and a Turkey killed in their career. Costing me almost 10,000 baht in compensation paid.

However, they are in rehab now...lol.

These photos were taken after one of their killing spree.

Please do exercise humour and an open mind!

Disclaimer: I, in no way propagate nor encourage such behaviours in dogs and currently, doing what's responsible to stop it. For ours and their protection and safety.

Cheers Everyone!

post-239387-1433745338868_thumb.jpg

post-239387-14337453631478_thumb.jpg

i will try and get a mate to do it for me.

my bil has been staying with us and his daughter at 16 had her first kiss from my boy[priceless] picture.wub.png

Great! Thank you, Meatboy.

From your earlier posts, I surmised you are without a doubt a dog lover!

Cheers

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat

Hi WWWW,

Nice topic. I would like to proudly share pics of my beloved ones, both GSD.

On the right - Charlie 4 yo & 43kg, my shadow, extremely faithful, playful, harmless and a joy to be with.

On the left - Timmy, my boy 14 mths old & 39kg, wouldn't stop playing, if not sick, as it is diagnosed with hip dysplasia, which even at this young age becomes painful at times that makes me sob sob and doc visits.

post-89464-0-32436700-1434363319_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hi WWWW,

On the right - Charlie 4 yo & 43kg, my shadow, extremely faithful, playful, harmless and a joy to be with.

On the left - Timmy, my boy 14 mths old & 39kg, wouldn't stop playing, if not sick, as it is diagnosed with hip dysplasia, which even at this young age becomes painful at times that makes me sob sob and doc visits.

Sorry, for this late reply as I had been busy working on my house and training my GSD puppies Karl, Heidi, Claudia and Pauline.

Charles and Timmy are both s

handsome lads! I am sorry to hear of Timmy's hip problems, though.

It always pains me to know of this debilitating illness that's common with GSD's and especially so, as Timmy's still so young.

Of course, you knew what the factors are that contributed to Timmy's problems.

I would like to ask if there's a body of water near where you are? You know swimming helps alleviate some pains by aiding mobility without too much exertion imposed on the hip as opposed to walks and runs.

Here are some photos of mine on the way for their daily swim and also of my puppies who's already taken to water and really enjoying their swim :)

Cheers

post-239387-14367285354575_thumb.jpg

post-239387-14367286716277_thumb.jpg

post-239387-14367286996944_thumb.jpg

post-239387-14367287185477_thumb.jpg

This is DD... We inherited him 4 years ago. I think he is about 13yrs old now ?

He is very protective and is always tied up, unless in the house at night.

He is the best dog I have ever had :)

I bet he is! He looks like a handsome Border Collie.

Cheerios

Cheerios

Thai Bangkaew, similar to a collie...

Cheerios

Thai Bangkaew, similar to a collie...

Yes...the Bangkeaw. The best guard dog ever! My Bangkeaw, Mocca, beats all my GSD's in terms of alertness and protectiveness despite his size.

You have a good one there!

Cheerios

my new lad for the farm, jack

and the other is jill 10month old,

and not to forget docky my big black dog and my mate, i had his father too, but he got bit by a snake,

ive got to show you my pigeons too,,lol i wont show the caneries,zebra finches and other finches we have, not to mention the budgies,,lol

post-32351-0-53078000-1437644647_thumb.j

post-32351-0-98104800-1437644679_thumb.j

post-32351-0-95988200-1437644733_thumb.j

post-32351-0-57352500-1437644840_thumb.j

my new lad for the farm, jack

and the other is jill 10month old,

and not to forget docky my big black dog and my mate, i had his father too, but he got bit by a snake,

ive got to show you my pigeons too,,lol i wont show the caneries,zebra finches and other finches we have, not to mention the budgies,,lol

They are awesome! Especially your mate, Docky. He looks feral, and I have always love that dirty working dog look...lol.

Jack & Jill are so clean. A matter of time though..hahaha.

I have a black dog too. Rambo (a soi dog), he's the self-assigned snake killer along with his understudy Mocca, my Bangkeaw.

I love pigeons though not as pets but spiced with tumeric, chilli powder, cinnamon and deep fried...hahaha.

Thank you for sharing!

Cheerios

Pigeon Jake

We've got a couple of small Jacks too, will be 7 in September. I never thought they'd last till 5 to be honest. Only because they're so fearless and inquisitive

They really are great entertainment but have been at deaths door from car runovers, miscarriages, lime disease, snake bites, poisoning and dog fights

Each time they bounce back to normal and I'd like to think they're getting wiser...until they next spy a potential victim.

I'll admit I didn't do enough to train them but having said that I've got them really well behaved but that prey instinct and the fearlessness in pursuit has left me thinking I'll never be able to tame that part of their behaviour

Also the little buggers seem bloody clever and can grasp cause and effect when it suits them.

I've also benefitted from a great vet who, to look at, looks a bit dishevelled and rather rudimentary. He is a living example of never judging a book by it's cover and has saved their lives on numerous occasions

When the dog was poisoned (ate rat poison and it was most distressing seeing the state he was in after about 2 minutes- frothing, tremors, frightened eyes), the vet administered charcoal and showed me the blue pellets

he'd regurgitated. Reckoned another 10-15 minutes and it'd be curtains. Great Vet, I don't doubt him

Ahhh bloody Jack Russells - the sight of two of them has got me rambling when all I wanted to say was - All the best with Jack and Jill, they will lead you up many a hill.

Jake you're in for a thrill

hi weka,

mate believe me i know what you mean,

i was from lincolnshire in the uk and yes i was that poacher, same as my grandad,,lol, funny it missed my dad,

i bred jack russells and lurchers and worked them in the field, i know the trouble jacks can get there selfs into,

ill tell you a little story if i may, i dont want to hog the thread,

i had a bitch called trixy, i was on the alotments doing the pigeons, trixy was with me and she was a couple of days from giving birth,

anyway a friend game along the river bank and shouted jake you coming for a walk,( he had a jack too)

i said hang on, so of we went for a walk along the river bank, we came to roses sports field, rabbit hole, down goes my bitch, i said anything there girl, tail wagging like hell, i said come on then, no! come on no !,

i said to pat my friend come on well still have our walk he said what about her, i said she,ll be there when we come back, half an hour later when we came back there she was still digging for england,,lol

they make great pets, people say they are yappy and nippy, you have to be boss, and i dont mean hitting them, they get to know who is boss,

as for being yappy, yes they bark when they here something, so do other dogs and to be honest thats there job, we dont have cars round our place we are set alone on our farm

jake

love it Jake

I know what you mean about being boss. They've got the missus wrapped around their little paws, but they know where their breads buttered

I just try to be the alpha and make a bit of noise and commotion at discipline times. Once early on, whilst sleeping with the bitch (literally speaking, no not the missus... ok the female dog) I accidentally kicked her, she lashed out involuntarily

and I scooped her off the bed, a little harder than intended but not too hard. Well the little witch turned her back on me and purposely blanked me for hours! She won that interaction but the confirmation that physicality has no place was confirmed.

One last question, with all your Jack experience, is it possible to train that prey instinct out? Too late for me now and I mostly just use prevention rather than cure but I have numerous scrapes with them and stray cats.

it doesn't help that Thai temple cats adopt stand and deliver tactics against them, which no doubt works for soi dogs, but is no deterrent for my two

Many a time I have to untangle a mexican stand off where all three animals have a mouth and claw full of the others.

Often my dogs get battered bloodied and holes from cats, 2 days to recover and then straight back at them like nothing ever happened. Same after the death defying snake bites. (makes me admire them more though I must admit :) )

You reckon that can be stopped?

Sorry WhoWhenWhyWhat, I've not been playing the game

Here are my horrible mutts

No worries, Weka! Aww...they are not in the least bit horrible...lol.

Understood that both you and Jake loves the Jack's. Any room for a puppy trade from the both of you?

I am expecting another litter of GSD's which would make my pack 20-22. Can't put up with too many bitches anymore but would keep the lads...hahaha.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheerios

Sorry WhoWhenWhyWhat, I've not been playing the game

Here are my horrible mutts

Someone, on another thread, was asking me what race my cat av was!!

Now i know!!

So, what's the race...lol. Btw, come to think of it why not we include pets of all variety here and not exclusively dogs.

Thus share with us the photos of your furry feline friends :)

This is Jeffery....

Held captive at the view point in Surat town....

We always take him some fresh veggies if we are going that way :)

Well, I'm sure Joey's in feline heaven. I'm not a cat person either and have yet to adopt one...who knows someday, I will.

Is that a Gibbon? It's awesome.

You sure are an animal lover CornishCarlos....I can tell!

At the moment, already got my hands full with 16 and soon to be 20-22 in my pack...lol.

Btw, will be editing and posting all submitted photos and have a voting. I'll be personally sponsoring the prizes to be given away to the winner.

Do you want the photo you posted with DD used? Or would you like to submit a photo of just him?

It's fine by me, but I reckoned the voting could be swayed by your good looks, mate...lol.

Cheerios

• 3 weeks later...

Hi WWWW,

Sorry, for this late reply as I had been busy working on my house and training my GSD puppies Karl, Heidi, Claudia and Pauline.

Charles and Timmy are both s

handsome lads! I am sorry to hear of Timmy's hip problems, though.

It always pains me to know of this debilitating illness that's common with GSD's and especially so, as Timmy's still so young.

Of course, you knew what the factors are that contributed to Timmy's problems.

I would like to ask if there's a body of water near where you are? You know swimming helps alleviate some pains by aiding mobility without too much exertion imposed on the hip as opposed to walks and runs.

Here are some photos of mine on the way for their daily swim and also of my puppies who's already taken to water and really enjoying their swim smile.png

Cheers

Such a nice bunch of joyful company you have WWWW. They all look quite healthy and mercuric. I'm sure they never make you feel alone and add to your happiness with their company.

For me, it still remains a dream to live in a rural area where I can surround myself with these selfless friends, who we treat no less than our own son and daughter at home.

Thank you for giving nice advice. Unfortunately, nearest swimming pool for dogs is at Kasetsard Animal hospital, BKK, not easy to honour an appointment (after health examination and booking) that comes in about 2 months. Timmy got another setback when he was discovered with lesser number of blood pallets, possibly due to ticks (so the vet says albeit both get monthly shots). It is almost 2 months now that he is on medication and the number is gradually increasing. Nevertheless, his love and shine in the eyes remain that I cherish every time I see him (after work).

Charlie remains an extremely obedient boy. It is my belief that he picks up (guesses) our talk and strongly reacts such as when we talk about shower, going out, car ride, etc.

Cheers :-)

post-89464-0-16515600-1439629453_thumb.j

Such a nice bunch of joyful company you have WWWW. They all look quite healthy and mercuric. I'm sure they never make you feel alone and add to your happiness with their company.

For me, it still remains a dream to live in a rural area where I can surround myself with these selfless friends, who we treat no less than our own son and daughter at home.

Thank you for giving nice advice. Unfortunately, nearest swimming pool for dogs is at Kasetsard Animal hospital, BKK, not easy to honour an appointment (after health examination and booking) that comes in about 2 months. Timmy got another setback when he was discovered with lesser number of blood pallets, possibly due to ticks (so the vet says albeit both get monthly shots). It is almost 2 months now that he is on medication and the number is gradually increasing. Nevertheless, his love and shine in the eyes remain that I cherish every time I see him (after work).

Charlie remains an extremely obedient boy. It is my belief that he picks up (guesses) our talk and strongly reacts such as when we talk about shower, going out, car ride, etc.

I can relate to your predicaments with regards to giving your boys the best in Bangkok.

Have you tried Ozono Dog Park? They do have a pool there and last I remembered, non-members are allow to use it for a small fee.

If you are anywhere near Chaeng Wattana Park (the only dog friendly park...that I used to frequent), it's a good place to socialize your boys. My furry companions swim at the canal there each time we went.

Btw, it was noted that this year was a record high for tick infestation in many places including the Northeast where we are. However, we were not badly affected compared to other dog owners.

It's perhaps due to my practice of including chopped garlic to their diet which they relished.

Do read about garlic in canine diet and make a learned decision. Of course, there will be many detractors here in TV, that have conflicting views of its benefits.

http://www.petguide.com/health/dog/the-shocking-truth-about-dogs-and-garlic/

In fact, I was introduced to it by a friend. It worked wonders for my pack of 16, not to mention their beautiful coats.

There's no doubt Charlie's an intelligent boy, he's a GSD after all...hahaha.

I am partial towards the German Shepherd breed. Especially, the Workingline, though my Showlines are just as special.

For my coming litter of 6, I'm giving away all the girls (with exception to the boys) as I already have to many ladies...hahaha.

The current litter have all been spoken for, and I am very selective to whom I gave them to.

If you want one in the future, do let me know. In the meantime, all the best to you, and I'm very sure both Charlie and Timmy are in the best of hands with the love you showered them

Cheerios

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat

try if its possible shamimoto not to worry regarding the tick infection,our boy had 12weeks of blood tests and medication before he was clear.i never took my eye's off him every minute of every day.it only takes one tick who has infected blood to pass it on.what a loverly pair you have. now i will have him blood tested every 4months.

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to your predicaments with regards to giving your boys the best in Bangkok.

Have you tried Ozono Dog Park? They do have a pool there and last I remembered, non-members are allow to use it for a small fee.

If you are anywhere near Chaeng Wattana Park (the only dog friendly park...that I used to frequent), it's a good place to socialize your boys. My furry companions swim at the canal there each time we went.

Btw, it was noted that this year was a record high for tick infestation in many places including the Northeast where we are. However, we were not badly affected compared to other dog owners.

It's perhaps due to my practice of including chopped garlic to their diet which they relished.

Do read about garlic in canine diet and make a learned decision. Of course, there will be many detractors here in TV, that have conflicting views of its benefits.

http://www.petguide.com/health/dog/the-shocking-truth-about-dogs-and-garlic/

In fact, I was introduced to it by a friend. It worked wonders for my pack of 16, not to mention their beautiful coats.

There's no doubt Charlie's an intelligent boy, he's a GSD after all...hahaha.

I am partial towards the German Shepherd breed. Especially, the Workingline, though my Showlines are just as special.

For my coming litter of 6, I'm giving away all the girls (with exception to the boys) as I already have to many ladies...hahaha.

The current litter have all been spoken for, and I am very selective to whom I gave them to.

If you want one in the future, do let me know. In the meantime, all the best to you, and I'm very sure both Charlie and Timmy are in the best of hands with the love you showered them

Cheerios

Thanks again WWWW. Here I come again to continue praising the best of animals - dogs. My boys are now doing better and I hope to see them stop visiting the vets soon, other than normal necessities. Charlie came down with flu-like symptoms but recovering fast. Timmy got a cut from glass pieces that people leave after indulging in alcoholic madness and breaking the bottles on road-side. Fully recovered now. See how Charlie is at peace with my son on the footsteps of Kasetsard Animal Hospital smile.png​.

Ozone dog park is located on Sukhumvit road, not an easy location due to road traffic and lack of parking facilities. Chaengwattana is nearby but I couldn't find the park that you mentioned in your post. I shall be very grateful if you could provide me with location map or land-mark or coordinates please.

Although wify tried but both of them refused to take any garlic. Guess we have to depend on the monthly shots for ticks. I've in another chain updated Timmy's condition where our common friend meatboy and others have provided important info on tick related sickness in dogs. I'm glad to have found such useful connections.

By the way, both of my joys are very fussy about their choice of food. Only kibble won't do. Wife must mix them up with fried fish or fried chicken, morning and evening. How about yours?

As for your generous offer of a female puppy, I must say thank you wai.gif​. Although I've no plans to breed using Timmy (Charlie is already neutered) due to possible hip dysplasia (for which Kasetsard is keeping him under observation and we now make 6-monthly visits instead of 6-weekly visits) I would love to have one. So, please reserve one for me. Actually, a boy and a girl would be more preferred welcome hahaha tongue.png.​

By the way, my dogs are house-dogs i.e. they sleep inside my bed-room and during daytime and hot weather in air-con. Every week they take shower with shampoo and play with water that I spill on them with hose. Boy! do they love to play with water and enjoy biggrin.png.

post-89464-0-30087200-1440829448_thumb.j post-89464-0-72549600-1440830500_thumb.j