Saw something new at police checkpoint

ramrod45

I was riding down Tha Pae road going towards the inner city. Just after the Ping bridge there was a check point, both sides of the road. There were two girls on a PCX, and evidently did not stop when waved down. Both were wearing helmets. A policeman jumped on his bike, rode up to them at the stoplight, seemed to inform them they needed to go back, the reached over, turned off their scooter and took the key. The girls were not happy. First time I've seen a policeman at a check point go after someone. Seems they are more serious these days. You might have seen the video where the guy tried to go around the officer and was kicked over, crashing into the guardrail. I never worry, I have all documentation with me, but still, they can issue a citation for just being in the wrong lane.

they can issue a citation for just being in the wrong lane.

And well they should! I'd like to see them issue citations for cars and trucks making turns from the wrong lane. This year alone I've seen two accidents caused by a car turning right from the left lane into one of the moat cross-overs.

I've often seen police sitting on scooters stationed 200m-300m past a check point, waiting of people who try to swerve around rather than stop.

You can't beat the World Famous Boys in Brown. Don't even think about it!

Thats a terrific videoclip, never seen it before, funny thing though, the background dancing girls are waving guns around ( fake ones obviously) as though its a perfectly normal thing to do.......based on a few recent incidents in USA perhaps some cops use that video as their inspiration !

You can't beat the World Famous Boys in Brown. Don't even think about it!

Thats a terrific videoclip, never seen it before, funny thing though, the background dancing girls are waving guns around ( fake ones obviously) as though its a perfectly normal thing to do.......based on a few recent incidents in USA perhaps some cops use that video as their inspiration !

Yes, that's a great videoclip. I hadn't thought about the ramifications of the gals waving guns around. I was too busy watching the good workouts they were getting and thinking what a great exercise routine. It really makes that song a lot more fun that it really is.

I've often seen police sitting on scooters stationed 200m-300m past a check point, waiting of people who try to swerve around rather than stop.

I hope they have at least a cbr250 when i refuse a checkpoint, id like to at least have a little bit of a challenge

I hope they have at least a cbr250 when i refuse a checkpoint, id like to at least have a little bit of a challenge

Hopefully, they'll deploy these to wipe the smile off your face thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

That video incidently is not wha it seems.

Wife says it is a famous video of a guy carrying a lot of illegal drugs for sale.

The police were tracking/chasing him long before he reached this nong hoi ? Intersection.

So the instructions were to stop him at any cost.

They have my vote for intervening.