TiT at its finest

The Big Mango

So why Phuket is becoming void of umbrellas and loungers to bring the beaches back to the people it seems Cha am didnt get the memo.

Although it must be said I think Cha am being dominatley a Thai weekend retreat would die if there was no shade / chairs / and food service on the beach for the locals.

post-233254-14338487923008_thumb.jpg

I know Cha-am beach very well. I've never ever seen a chair or umbrella on the beach in 19 years. The locals sit under the tree line and buy snacks and drinks from the carts along the roadside or shops just on the other side of the road. This 'report' makes no sense to me.

You must be confused Lik , ive been stopping off in Cha am for years and years and the beach has always been full of loungers and umbrellas.

As the report says , thousands of them.

???

Edited by The Big Mango

TiT at its finest

Based on this thread, it isn't an example of TIT so much as TI(Farang).

Have no idea about the umbrella situation, but as often happens it seems that different posters live in different, possibly parallel Thailands.

I used to live in Cha Am for 2 years and still live nearby now, 75% of the beach is covered with umbrellas - that's what it's famous for, people (normally from Bangkok at the weekend) sitting under the umbrellas in the shade and eating seafood right on the beach - show me a Thai who is happy to sit out in the sun?

The only part of Cha Am beach which isn't wall to wall with umbrellas is the southern section, which is where people sit under trees. However, the main strip of Cha Am beach is covered in umbrellas, always has been.

Unless you have visited on a Wednesday, when the vendors have to take down their umbrellas and clean the beach.

This is Cha Am beach:

post-37-0-74897800-1433894321_thumb.jpg

Edited by pinkpanther99

I know Cha-am beach very well. I've never ever seen a chair or umbrella on the beach in 19 years. The locals sit under the tree line and buy snacks and drinks from the carts along the roadside or shops just on the other side of the road. This 'report' makes no sense to me.

Sounds like your getting it confused with another beach.

I must have been there on the quiet days. Be honest I would never go at weekends, especially holiday weekends. I stay way up at the north end of the beach. I must open my eyes wider next time I venture up to Cha-am. Thinking about it, my last visit was about 2 years ago.

I lived in the Hua Hin - Cha Am area in the 90's and then again in the 00's. In between and after also visited many times. There always have been beds and umbrellas all over the place. As suggested LivinginKata must have visited on a Wednesday. Solved.

Yes.

Obviously, "Peace and Happiness to the People" has not made it to every beach in Thailand. biggrin.png

Yes.

Obviously, "Peace and Happiness to the People" has not made it to every beach in Thailand. biggrin.png

Has it made it anywhere?

Yes.

Has it made it anywhere?

It's made it into the PM's, and his cronies, pockets. biggrin.png

Yes.

Has it made it anywhere?

It's made it into the PM's, and his cronies, pockets. biggrin.png

"Peace and Happiness to my Pockets"

Better stop now before we're arrested