Job adverts for unfilled positions

Eddy B

I am actually going back to China next month for 5 months.

Though some of the statements about cultural differences are true it isn't like everyone spits, pisses or shits on the streets. You will see it. The ass flap pants on infants take some getting used to but it isn't every day nor every family.

As for the weather. I love how people make statements like this "I would not visit China in winter, its a dreadful place, its dreary, damp, foggy, and looks like a nuclear war aftermath, I lived in there in winter, its not even great in summer, but winter is as dull as anyplace on earth. And i live in Chicago downtown, a very cold and windy place in winter."

China has tropical regions, temperate regions desert regions. It has it all, so you cannot say China blah blah blah anything.

He lived in Beijing which has awful pollution and the winters are rough because they are cold, dark miserable without any of the benefits like fluffy snow to play in. The air is dry and your skin takes some serious damage.

That picture of the snow looks fun. 2014 winter got a light dusting in January a few times in Beijing. Overall there wasn't more than 6" for the entire winter.

Just like in Thailand and everywhere else each person will have a different experience. You bring out of something what you bring into.

A guy walked up to a monk and asked how are the people that live here?. The monk replied " how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all rude, arrogant selfish people. The monk said " yeah people here are the same. The next day another man walked up to the monk and asked how are the people that live here? The monk replied how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all polite, thoughtful and considerate. The monk said " yeah people here are the same."

I truly hope that you're not referring to the monk who " passed away since 1950." Same same, but different.

Thanks for the China insight. Do you send your Thai family cash every month, or did you find a way to take them with you?

Sorry, don't want to go too deep into your privacy, just curious. Thanks and a great week, my Monday started great. Had a grade one girl who had to puke and I was the only one around, so guess who'd to clean up the mess?

Then it turned out that our miscoordinator went to the capital city fora few weeks. Some of her lessons have to be covered by me.

Had to cover one of her lessons today and had seven grade one and two science and math lessons. Holy buffalo shit.

So you are saying that normally you would have had 8 lessons in one day, but you had 9 because you had to cover an extra 1 ? I have never heard of anyone having 8 lessons in one day on a normal timetable. If it's true, you should be looking for another job !

Sorry for my indeed confusing sentence. I usually have six grade one and two classes on Mondays and had to cover another hour for the absent teacher.

So I had seven hours a' 50 minutes, usually 20 hours per week, but whenever a subject teacher's absent, I gotta jump in.

It's not that bad, because both classes are air conditioned and much better equipped than all the other classrooms at my school. Most kids like me a lot and I see them every day.Both classes are in the same building, right next to my office.

On other days, I only have three hours, of teaching, so it's not as bad as my post made it look like.Sorry for the misleading words, was clearly my fault. wai2.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually going back to China next month for 5 months.

Though some of the statements about cultural differences are true it isn't like everyone spits, pisses or shits on the streets. You will see it. The ass flap pants on infants take some getting used to but it isn't every day nor every family.

As for the weather. I love how people make statements like this "I would not visit China in winter, its a dreadful place, its dreary, damp, foggy, and looks like a nuclear war aftermath, I lived in there in winter, its not even great in summer, but winter is as dull as anyplace on earth. And i live in Chicago downtown, a very cold and windy place in winter."

China has tropical regions, temperate regions desert regions. It has it all, so you cannot say China blah blah blah anything.

He lived in Beijing which has awful pollution and the winters are rough because they are cold, dark miserable without any of the benefits like fluffy snow to play in. The air is dry and your skin takes some serious damage.

That picture of the snow looks fun. 2014 winter got a light dusting in January a few times in Beijing. Overall there wasn't more than 6" for the entire winter.

Just like in Thailand and everywhere else each person will have a different experience. You bring out of something what you bring into.

A guy walked up to a monk and asked how are the people that live here?. The monk replied " how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all rude, arrogant selfish people. The monk said " yeah people here are the same. The next day another man walked up to the monk and asked how are the people that live here? The monk replied how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all polite, thoughtful and considerate. The monk said " yeah people here are the same."

Thanks dude, gave me a good laugh, reading it again and using my imagination......facepalm.gif

Doesn't have to be everyone who's spitting, peeing and shitting everywhere, considering China's population. Scary ,when you're on a subway and sit on poop.

Zeichen, when you come back after five months, could you please buy a "Michaelsoft Binbows 7" for me? Thanks in advance. Please see photos(s).gigglem.gif

P.S. Sorry, just thought the thread's getting a little bit dry. Baby poop might change it...

post-158336-0-89739800-1435109278_thumb.

post-158336-0-17861400-1435109338_thumb.

post-158336-0-07954400-1435109435_thumb.

post-158336-0-48738500-1435109488_thumb.

post-158336-0-66241700-1435109518_thumb.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. My daughter is a teacher in the UK. The thing is, she has itchy feet and she's been tempted by the big money offers and tax free benefits that the middle east has to offer. Being a father as you can imagine, I'd rather she stayed in merry old England than work out there if I'm perfectly honest. My question is this: As a fully qualified teacher what would the opportunists be like over here? Is it a good salary? I'm sorry to say that I know nothing about it. I have only heard of friends that send their children to various international schools in the area. I'm hoping that she can take a sabbatical for a year to get it out of her system. I'd rather have her close to me than working in the middle east.

Thank you in advance.

Archived