Job adverts for unfilled positions

Eddy B

ther is a job available at my school. Why? because their system has put it off for months. Good school, above average wages for government school, but will now have to accept anybody who applies. Makes me sick. Typical, I have always wanted to use a "puke" smiley, but there isn't on on hereblink.png. Used this weird one thoughbiggrin.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twice the money is a fallacy. more money is available, but twice as much for a government school is simply not the case

Forget the government schools...There are hundreds of available jobs at private schools. If you check the teaching jobs in China on seriousteachers.com ... you'll see wages hovering around the 60-90k (Baht) per month mark. Plus a free apartment, flights and bonuses.

Truth ... not fallacy.

So, Lostinissan. You give very fine examples of why the foreign teacher can often screw up and school is in problems. Because like the cartoon "Where's Wally", they have no teacher. So, from my 3 options I posted, which one do you think fits the most likely cause ( apart from newbies/drunks/meth-heads/perv's ) causes for the shortage of jobs being filled?

There're not enough teachers, mainly because the TCT always changes the requirements.

Why would somebody who worked here for more than ten years all in a sudden be not qualified anymore to do such a job?

And the "good general" as the big boss, plus the other soldiers are making the mess even bigger.

Before the military took over, it was a sort of "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."

Now it seems to me that the left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I would have to agree with you. I worked for 5 years as a teacher in Bkk at Assumption and another 2 years at one of the best gov schools in Thailand. Yet, when I moved to my wife's hometown, my license was refused because my university lost its accreditation and was no longer showing up online.

With all of my references and experience and with a degree I am unable to work legally now because of TCT. My school won 2nd place in Thailand's national English competition while I was there.

None of this matters now. So let them sweat it out and eventually the laws will change again and the schools will have more of supply of teachers to choose from. Until then, do as I do! Kick back and relax to a movie in the arm s of someone you care about an don't let it bother you.

twice the money is a fallacy. more money is available, but twice as much for a government school is simply not the case

Forget the government schools...There are hundreds of available jobs at private schools. If you check the teaching jobs in China on seriousteachers.com ... you'll see wages hovering around the 60-90k (Baht) per month mark. Plus a free apartment, flights and bonuses.

Truth ... not fallacy.

I am a member of "serious", and they send me every available job in China and the Middle East ( I am obviously thinking about a move), and they are not as attractive as you may believe. Good jobs want the qualifications, so unless you have them, you will be in a government or basic language school, not earning over double the money here. You will get free accommodation, but will be working in Beijing, or the like,, sucking in pollution like you wouldn't believe. Jobs in the East are more attractive but pay less, and are seldom double for a teacher without PGCE or equivalent

Good jobs want the qualifications, so unless you have them, you will be in a government or basic language school, not earning over double the money here.

I presumed people using a site would have the qualifications ... which is just a BA BSc etc, TEFL etc and experience.

hen you add the fact that mh

Good jobs want the qualifications, so unless you have them, you will be in a government or basic language school, not earning over double the money here.

I presumed people using a site would have the qualifications ... which is just a BA BSc etc, TEFL etc and experience.

Not for the high paying jobs you are espousing, they require teaching related degrees and often accompanied by teacher certs and experience from home counties.

Please don't get me wrong, you can earn more money in China, but you see more jobs around the 9,000 (48,000 baht)Yuan mark than 13,000 yuan (70,000 baht) mark. These wages are usually also before tax. free flights is great, but you don't need to pay for them if you don't leave Thailand, and accommodation is thrown in; which (according to friends) is usually rubbish. When you add in the fact that hours are generally more, and most teachers enjoy China less than Thailand, it is (as I said) not all that it is cracked up to be. Try Taiwan instead.

Personally I have not given up on China (the country looks fascinating), but I think people need to take their time and be picky; not simply plump for China because it pays "double"

Not for the high paying jobs you are espousing, they require teaching related degrees and often accompanied by teacher certs and experience from home counties

Not the ads I see ... Here's an average one. e.g

English Teacher in Beijing, China (China - Beijing)

Certification: Bachelors degree, TESOL/TESL/ TEFL/TKT/CELTA

Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children , High School ,

Other details: TITLE: English teacher, English Language Programs

INSTITUTION: Primary and junior high schools

STARTING DATE: September 1st, 2015

DEADLINE: Open till filled

TERM: 2 years

QUALIFICATIONS:

Be a native English speaker from the US, the UK, Australia, Canada or New Zealand

Have a Bachelors degree or higher

Have a minimum of two years teaching experience

Have one of the following English language teaching certificates: TESOL/TESL/

TEFL/TKT/CELTA (at least 120 hours) or have a teaching license (*compulsory)

Be able to pass a background check

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Teach English courses, average 20+ teaching hours a week

Organize English and conversational activities

Prepare handouts for English learning events

Organize teachers workshop and training seminars

BENEFITS:

Salary: 15,000 RMB per month (before tax)

Accommodation subsidy: 4,000 RMB per month

One-time subsidy for settling down: 4,400 RMB

OTHER SUBSIDIES:

Insurance

International air fare: one economic class round-trip travel to and from the home country (the US, the UK, Australia, Canada or New Zealand)

Medial check for visa application

Translation fee for visa application

HOW TO APPLY:

Please E-mail detailed resume to Ms. Sophia Lou at American International Education Foundation (AIEF): slouaief-usa.

AIEF, an IRS-approved 501©3 non-profit organization, is dedicated to promoting American education abroad. The Teaching English in China program is one of many AIEF programs that serve the educational community.

That's about 80,000 Baht. And there's many more. Even the rock bottom 10,000 Yuan (54,000 Baht) ones with free apartment, flights etc are a better deal than Thailand at the moment.

I too, have considered China. Looks like there were about 1500 foreign teachers deported last year. Paperwork problems seem to be as bad as they are here. I was dealing with an Agency out of Seattle. We got tot he point, where they sent me a contract....completely laughable. I think the second item was "we reserve the right to change any terms of this contract, at any time." The alleged pay was good. SOme of this stuff is a good read from China Foreign Teacher's Union: http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.org/2012/12/china-foreign-teachers-union-posts-esl.html

and to add....I live walking distance to the Chinese Consulate in Chiang Mai. A sane person might assume that would make my candidacy more attractive. If anything, it just kind of outed several of them as liars, because the norm is for you to go there without the necessary paperwork. There are also limitations at what can be done at a consulate outside of one's home country. If they are as connected as they say they are; it should be a simple task. Chiang Mai is an hour and fifteen minute flight to Kunming, which is where I was willing to go. A "win-win" situation; easy paperwork, easy flight....not.

ther is a job available at my school. Why? because their system has put it off for months. Good school, above average wages for government school, but will now have to accept anybody who applies. Makes me sick. Typical, I have always wanted to use a "puke" smiley, but there isn't on on hereblink.png. Used this weird one thoughbiggrin.png

Message sent.

Not for the high paying jobs you are espousing, they require teaching related degrees and often accompanied by teacher certs and experience from home counties

Not the ads I see ... Here's an average one. e.g

English Teacher in Beijing, China (China - Beijing)

Certification: Bachelors degree, TESOL/TESL/ TEFL/TKT/CELTA

Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children , High School ,

Other details: TITLE: English teacher, English Language Programs

INSTITUTION: Primary and junior high schools

STARTING DATE: September 1st, 2015

DEADLINE: Open till filled

TERM: 2 years

QUALIFICATIONS:

Be a native English speaker from the US, the UK, Australia, Canada or New Zealand

Have a Bachelors degree or higher

Have a minimum of two years teaching experience

Have one of the following English language teaching certificates: TESOL/TESL/

TEFL/TKT/CELTA (at least 120 hours) or have a teaching license (*compulsory)

Be able to pass a background check

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Teach English courses, average 20+ teaching hours a week

Organize English and conversational activities

Prepare handouts for English learning events

Organize teachers workshop and training seminars

BENEFITS:

Salary: 15,000 RMB per month (before tax)

Accommodation subsidy: 4,000 RMB per month

One-time subsidy for settling down: 4,400 RMB

OTHER SUBSIDIES:

Insurance

International air fare: one economic class round-trip travel to and from the home country (the US, the UK, Australia, Canada or New Zealand)

Medial check for visa application

Translation fee for visa application

HOW TO APPLY:

Please E-mail detailed resume to Ms. Sophia Lou at American International Education Foundation (AIEF): slouaief-usa.

AIEF, an IRS-approved 501©3 non-profit organization, is dedicated to promoting American education abroad. The Teaching English in China program is one of many AIEF programs that serve the educational community.

That's about 80,000 Baht. And there's many more. Even the rock bottom 10,000 Yuan (54,000 Baht) ones with free apartment, flights etc are a better deal than Thailand at the moment.

And I could put up adverts that were for far less. This proves nothing. Why not put up the latest posts for china on Serious instead. OK I will http://seriousteachers.com/index/0/41/teaching-job-offers-from-china

Salaries are too low and and paperwork requirements are too difficult. More and more people are just going to China where they can make twice the salary and have half the paperwork headaches. In China they aren't kicking experienced workers out because they used up their licensing quota. So the low salaries are attracting fewer potential employees, and difficult work permit/visa requirements are driving existing ones away.

Are the paperwork problems everywhere?

Are there happy teachers there who came to Thailand for retirement? They are just not talking?

"That's about 80,000 Baht. And there's many more. Even the rock bottom 10,000 Yuan (54,000 Baht) ones with free apartment, flights etc are a better deal than Thailand at the moment."

Actually the exchange rate to Thai baht is 5-1 at most banks in Beijing ATM. Exchange to Dollar and then to Thai baht is a little better. RMB is not a tradeable currency though so paying for transfers and bank fees adds up. You are only allowed to leave China with 5k dollars even though other countries allow more to bring in. You don't want to get caught at the Beijing airport with 10k dollars, that is jail time.

The average EFL job in China pays 9k-12 RMB 45-60k baht, not 15krmb. Housing is usually provided with most jobs or money and you have to find your own place. Airfare is usually reimbursed at the end of the contract.

With a degree in education and certification you open up to the multitude of International school jobs that pay 16-24k RMB about 90-120k Baht a month. Those that are qualified tend to take these positions. The same pay is available in Thailand but the competition and qualifications are tougher.

There are also thousands of jobs in China paying only 6k rmb a month which is equivalent to Thai jobs. Uni jobs in china pay the worst.

I did China after Thailand. I came back after 6 months, landed in BBK and kissed the ground.

Doods, China is awful! The people are filthy! They piss and s**t in the streets, in shopping malls, in front of restaurants. The babies nave no diapers. There is an opening in front of their lil pants. The parents hold them out with out-stretched arms, pull the slot open and let it fly. They are born snitches. They have NO social conscience. Good place tho if you enjoy animal cruelty.

If you have teacher housing you'll see giant megaphones outside the apartment complex. Those bull-horns are for you. You'll wake to the national anthem every morning at about 6:30. Have fun!

I did China after Thailand. I came back after 6 months, landed in BBK and kissed the ground.

Doods, China is awful! The people are filthy! They piss and s**t in the streets, in shopping malls, in front of restaurants. The babies nave no diapers. There is an opening in front of their lil pants. The parents hold them out with out-stretched arms, pull the slot open and let it fly. They are born snitches. They have NO social conscience. Good place tho if you enjoy animal cruelty.

If you have teacher housing you'll see giant megaphones outside the apartment complex. Those bull-horns are for you. You'll wake to the national anthem every morning at about 6:30. Have fun!

Thanks for your post. Well, there're obviously always two sides of the coin. I've experienced such strange "quality tourist behavior" when I was on a holiday in Chonburi with my family.

Some Chinese guys walked along the pool and all in a sudden spitted inside, while we were swimming inside.....the pool boy also hated them, because he saw that every day and we finally found a way to "pay pack"....facepalm.gif

Our munition were ice cubes and we're hiding behind the pool pub, bet who'd hit more Chinese ( one of these spitting guys) tourists and we're pretty good and successful. They finally left the pool area and went to their rooms. Disgusting people. Noisy and nasty.

Your first sentence reminds me of feelings when coming back from Europe after only a few weeks.Whenever I arrive at the airport, "I take my "European jacket" off, start smiling, make some jokes with some Thais and feel much better.

At home. Heading to the train, or bus station and driving home to my family. The decision to leave your family here, fly to China and then send them money every month is scary. I'm not sure if I could/ would do that.

If the day will come that i can't work here anymore, I'd rather go back where I came from and find a way to receive my retirement, or at least pay some more money in to have a higher pension, when I retire.

There's always a way to make some extra money, without paying taxes, driving a cab on weekends, working at a language school part time, etc....

Now it's not just "making more money", I doubt that the quality of life can even be compared to life in Thailand.

Another important fact to go to China is the climate. Here's a statement coming from an American guy, familiar with snow....

" I would not visit China in winter, its a dreadful place, its dreary, damp, foggy, and looks like a nuclear war aftermath, I lived in there in winter, its not even great in summer, but winter is as dull as anyplace on earth. And i live in Chicago downtown, a very cold and windy place in winter.

Beijing does not get a lot of snow, it gets dustings...."

I'm just trying to see the whole picture, sitting outside in summer and winter in Thailand. I still enjoy Thailand and my family is the best reason for me to stay where I am.

Anyway, there's more to make such a move. Now I know where I have to go to to get my car fixed, enjoy to visit parents in law from time to time.

Khun Zeichen, what's your input on that? As far as i remember did you work in China, right?

How was your job? Would be really great if you could share your experiences. Thanks a lot in advance for sharing. Cheers.-

​ P.S. Beijing in winter attached....

Regarding the "bull horn sounds"...i really don't have a problem when they start their news at 6.10 every day. The next speaker's quite far away.

post-158336-0-70774100-1434866350_thumb.

"Watch out where the Huskeys go, don't ya eat that yellow snow." Frank Zappa

"My girlfriend digs it with a baby octopus and a hot yahoo bottle while someone's screaming "Alice Cooper, Alice Cooper""

"Watch out where the Huskeys go, don't ya eat that yellow snow." Frank Zappa

"My girlfriend digs it with a baby octopus and a hot yahoo bottle while someone's screaming "Alice Cooper, Alice Cooper""

Evelyn, a dog, having undergone

Further modification

Pondered the significance of short-person behavior

In pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance

And other highly ambient domains.......

Dude, I really hope that you'll be staying here, listen to some F.Z music, don't eat too much yellow snow,never become the muffin' man and the freaking TCT finally gets their act together.

Oh God I am the American dream

I do not think I'm too extreme

An' I'm a handsome sonofabitch

I'm gonna get a good job 'n' be real rich, but hopefully not with a Chinese beach.....

Oh God I am the American dream

But now I smell like Vaseline

An' I'm a miserable sonofabitch

Am I a boy or a lady...I don't know which

And the forum here my dear, they say that we don't belong in there

Oh god we live the Thailand dream

I do not think we're too extreme

coz some miserable sonofabitch

I do not think that we can switch....

Oh God the TCT is out of its mind

let's watch it now, when it's goin' down....facepalm.gif

I am actually going back to China next month for 5 months.

Though some of the statements about cultural differences are true it isn't like everyone spits, pisses or shits on the streets. You will see it. The ass flap pants on infants take some getting used to but it isn't every day nor every family.

As for the weather. I love how people make statements like this "I would not visit China in winter, its a dreadful place, its dreary, damp, foggy, and looks like a nuclear war aftermath, I lived in there in winter, its not even great in summer, but winter is as dull as anyplace on earth. And i live in Chicago downtown, a very cold and windy place in winter."

China has tropical regions, temperate regions desert regions. It has it all, so you cannot say China blah blah blah anything.

He lived in Beijing which has awful pollution and the winters are rough because they are cold, dark miserable without any of the benefits like fluffy snow to play in. The air is dry and your skin takes some serious damage.

That picture of the snow looks fun. 2014 winter got a light dusting in January a few times in Beijing. Overall there wasn't more than 6" for the entire winter.

Just like in Thailand and everywhere else each person will have a different experience. You bring out of something what you bring into.

A guy walked up to a monk and asked how are the people that live here?. The monk replied " how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all rude, arrogant selfish people. The monk said " yeah people here are the same. The next day another man walked up to the monk and asked how are the people that live here? The monk replied how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all polite, thoughtful and considerate. The monk said " yeah people here are the same."

yes, and all in most part due to the fact that almost anyone who can even mumble in English can get a job teaching

Utter rubbish. All the schools I've worked at "interview" teaching applicants. They DO NOT accept "anyone who can mumble English"

Stop being a drama queen repeating hearsay based rubbish. Next you'll be telling us something like "If you ride a motorbike in Bangkok you WILL die", or "All Thai girls have sick buffalos and want to deceive you out of all your money"

Grow up and stop trolling.

Hearsay based rubbish?

Since you have not taught in all schools and are unaware of the qualifications of all current English teachers, your comments are as ignorant as you.

Do you really think all teachers have degrees? Do you really think all the “degreed” English teachers have real degrees? Have you heard the poor Englsih spoken by some of these teachers? Have you seen the poorly written posts made by self-proclaimed NES English teachers on these forums?

I have quite a network of English teachers here in Thailand—both relatives and friends. Since I am a retired university professor, I have some knowledge of teaching and, because of my several relatives who teach, I have some interest in teachers here in Thailand. From my discussions with literally scores of NES and Filipino teachers here, I find some teachers are qualified to teach, some are simply degreed, and some do not meet even minimum teaching qualifications—none of which is definitively representative of their teaching capabilities.

However, I know several NES teachers and a few Filipino teachers who neither had a degree/certificate/TEFL/etc. nor had any prior teaching experience before being offered a teaching position—the latest such candidate was offered a job last Tuesday.

Therefore, I stand by my statement that if you want to teach English in Thailand all you have to be able to do is mumble some English, especially if you are white.

Hearsay based rubbish? [/size]

You "Hear" a flogged to death piece of "rubbish" ... then repeat (say) it.

KowJai Mai?

As for the rest ... I've worked in several schools in Thailand and they are all pretty much the same. Thais are great copiers. Not much innovation.

Your info is about 10 years of of date. Of course there are "some" non "degreed" teachers ... but no where near the amount to justify your overly dramatic comments. Things have changed a lot in just the past few years.

Haven't you noticed?

EDIT: Obviously not.

Do you really think all teachers have degrees?

What a strange question. Where did I say that? More drama.

I have quite a network of English teachers here in Thailandboth relatives and friends. Since I am a retired university professor, I have some knowledge of teaching and, because of my several relatives who teach, I have some interest in teachers here in Thailand. From my discussions with literally scores of NES and Filipino teachers here, I find some teachers are qualified to teach, some are simply degreed, and some do not meet even minimum teaching qualificationsnone of which is definitively representative of their teaching capabilities.

So no actual personal experience with Thai schools and their latest hiring practices. Just "Hearsay"

I know several NES teachers and a few Filipino teachers who neither had a degree/certificate/TEFL/etc. nor had any prior teaching experience before being offered a teaching positionthe latest such candidate was offered a job last Tuesday.[/size][/font]

Don't give up your day job and become a statistician.

I stand by my statement that if you want to teach English in Thailand all you have to be able to do is mumble some English, especially if you are white.[/size][/font]

Good on you!

Though some of the statements about cultural differences are true it isn't like everyone spits, pisses or shits on the streets. You will see it. The ass flap pants on infants take some getting used to but it isn't every day nor every family.

As for the weather. I love how people make statements like this "I would not visit China in winter, its a dreadful place, its dreary, damp, foggy, and looks like a nuclear war aftermath, I lived in there in winter, its not even great in summer, but winter is as dull as anyplace on earth. And i live in Chicago downtown, a very cold and windy place in winter."

China has tropical regions, temperate regions desert regions. It has it all, so you cannot say China blah blah blah anything.

He lived in Beijing which has awful pollution and the winters are rough because they are cold, dark miserable without any of the benefits like fluffy snow to play in. The air is dry and your skin takes some serious damage.

That picture of the snow looks fun. 2014 winter got a light dusting in January a few times in Beijing. Overall there wasn't more than 6" for the entire winter.

Just like in Thailand and everywhere else each person will have a different experience. You bring out of something what you bring into.

A guy walked up to a monk and asked how are the people that live here?. The monk replied " how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all rude, arrogant selfish people. The monk said " yeah people here are the same. The next day another man walked up to the monk and asked how are the people that live here? The monk replied how were the people where you are from?" , the man said, they are all polite, thoughtful and considerate. The monk said " yeah people here are the same."

I truly hope that you're not referring to the monk who " passed away since 1950." Same same, but different.

Thanks for the China insight. Do you send your Thai family cash every month, or did you find a way to take them with you?

Sorry, don't want to go too deep into your privacy, just curious. Thanks and a great week, my Monday started great. Had a grade one girl who had to puke and I was the only one around, so guess who'd to clean up the mess?

Then it turned out that our miscoordinator went to the capital city fora few weeks. Some of her lessons have to be covered by me.

Had to cover one of her lessons today and had seven grade one and two science and math lessons. Holy buffalo shit.

"

Thanks for the China insight. Do you send your Thai family cash every month, or did you find a way to take them with you?"

My wife works so I don't send them money. I do wire money to my account before leaving. Kind of a pain in the butt with all the paperwork if you don't have a Chinese friend do it for you.

I guess I could bring my daughter with me and she would have some fun but after paying for the flight, the extra food, clothes and tuition fees, I wouldn't save nearly as much. As is, I save 75-80% of my base salary which is more than triple of what I can get here in CM. A part of me would love for my family to move to China for about 4-5 years and have enough for us to fully retire but my wife's career is hard to give up and even if she got hired in China she wouldn't make as much as she does here. So it is just a tough sacrifice being apart for 5 months. Luckily with skype instant messengers and the like it really isn't too bad.

My daughter said once when she wanted to hug me through the camera. "when I feel heart shapes inside, I just hug the pillow and feel happy"

"Had to cover one of her lessons today and had seven grade one and two science and math lessons. Holy buffalo shit."

You really work in the trenches and I am impressed that you aren't totally bat shit crazy.

"

Thanks for the China insight. Do you send your Thai family cash every month, or did you find a way to take them with you?"

My wife works so I don't send them money. I do wire money to my account before leaving. Kind of a pain in the butt with all the paperwork if you don't have a Chinese friend do it for you.

I guess I could bring my daughter with me and she would have some fun but after paying for the flight, the extra food, clothes and tuition fees, I wouldn't save nearly as much. As is, I save 75-80% of my base salary which is more than triple of what I can get here in CM. A part of me would love for my family to move to China for about 4-5 years and have enough for us to fully retire but my wife's career is hard to give up and even if she got hired in China she wouldn't make as much as she does here. So it is just a tough sacrifice being apart for 5 months. Luckily with skype instant messengers and the like it really isn't too bad.

My daughter said once when she wanted to hug me through the camera. "when I feel heart shapes inside, I just hug the pillow and feel happy"

"Had to cover one of her lessons today and had seven grade one and two science and math lessons. Holy buffalo shit."

You really work in the trenches and I am impressed that you aren't totally bat shit crazy.

Honestly speaking, it wouldn't really be good for your daughter to separate her from her mom and of course her friends. You've made your commitment and it seems that you're successful in what you're doing.

I might be too old/lazy, or properly too used to stay with my family that I'd have a huge problem to run two households and being alone. Alone in a country that's not exactly where I think I could be happy.

But I really appreciate people like you who plan their lives in a way to enjoy great financial benefits once retired. We've just visited the family in a tiny village nearby and I was shocked that neither the fridge, nor the only motorbike they've got, was working.

They're farmers and too proud begging for help, but they're such nice people who deserve all possible help I can give to them. Fridge and bike are working again and I truly hope that they'll inform and call us if something happens again in the future.

This is also my family and I'm sometimes wondering when I read stories of those bad guys who only take "farang's" money away.........

Finally, such a six, or yesterday even seven hour teaching day is only possible because I like what I'm doing and not just in for the money.

When you're the only "farang" working at a school near your wife's village, it's quite different to those who're only a number, sent to a school in Nakhon Saygoodnightearly by an agency, to do a job that only benefits agencies and school superiors in a financial way. Of course not the students which is a joke.

I'm able to make my own decisions regarding foreign language teaching and those are respected by the whole staff. To come to an end, it could be worse.

Wish you a good one. Neehau.

I truly hope that you're not referring to the monk who " passed away since 1950." Same same, but different.

Thanks for the China insight. Do you send your Thai family cash every month, or did you find a way to take them with you?

Sorry, don't want to go too deep into your privacy, just curious. Thanks and a great week, my Monday started great. Had a grade one girl who had to puke and I was the only one around, so guess who'd to clean up the mess?

Then it turned out that our miscoordinator went to the capital city fora few weeks. Some of her lessons have to be covered by me.

Had to cover one of her lessons today and had seven grade one and two science and math lessons. Holy buffalo shit.

So you are saying that normally you would have had 8 lessons in one day, but you had 9 because you had to cover an extra 1 ? I have never heard of anyone having 8 lessons in one day on a normal timetable. If it's true, you should be looking for another job !

Archived