Urinating Foreigner Facebook Clip angers Thai social media Pattaya community

webfact

Urinating Foreigner Facebook Clip angers Thai social media Pattaya community

taxi-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A clip of a foreigner urinating out of the rear of a moving Pattaya Baht Bus was posted on a Pattaya-based Facebook Group on Wednesday and has angered many Thai’s who would like the foreigner locked-up for his actions.

The clip was posted late on Wednesday Afternoon and received hundreds of comments in Thai, asking for the man to be identified, located and arrested.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199759/urinating-foreigner-facebook-clip-angers-thai-social-media-pattaya-community/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

Go on then; particularly if you see them doing it on a baht bus in full frontal public view.

Its no big deal......................But it would have been if he were Chinese, then we would have had page after page about how mad the Thai government is to let these people in against the detriment of all the upstanding Farang bar flies.........coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

This is the pot calling the kettle..

I see thais stopping all over the place whipping it out and taking a piss. The thais on Facebook should tell their fellow countrymen to set a better example. Hypocritical for sure!

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

I see thais stopping all over the place whipping it out and taking a piss. The thais on Facebook should tell their fellow countrymen to set a better example. Hypocritical for sure!

Yeah yeah yeah, Thais pissing off the back of a baht bus every day........NOT!

IMO this is unacceptable behaviour - and as Lenny W said, you won't find a picture of a Thai pi55ing out of a Baht bus.

Sure Thais will pee anywhere - on the side of the road, edge of a field in a village - that is no comparison to what this guy did. There is no excuse for taking a leak in public like this.

I have seen a woman on walking street in Pattaya stop and squat right over a drain in the middle of the street and urinate into the drain. In full view of at least 50 people seated in the pubs along the road around 9 pm at night.

Nary not a day passes by when the ' Thai public ' is not outrage or angry and frothing at a mouth

of this or that involving farangs... and this is a peaceful people, the land of smiles, I shedder to think

what will be the reactions of the Thai public had they not been the peaceful and smiling people

the profess to be....

Aren't we all just a bit to outraged these days?

That said, since he was probably Russian, we should generalize his behavior to all of them and verbally condemn Russia as a nation of louts.

Edited by BudRight

... haven't gone off the back of a baht bus yet, but there have been times when I simply couldn't hold it any longer so I had to "let-go" like "RIGHT NOW!" ... As mentioned earlier, there isn't an abundance of "facilities" -even at the 3-baht per shot rate!

Nary not a day passes by when the ' Thai public ' is not outrage or angry and frothing at a mouth

of this or that involving farangs... and this is a peaceful people, the land of smiles, I shedder to think

what will be the reactions of the Thai public had they not been the peaceful and smiling people

the profess to be....

You're onto something.

This seems to me a symptom of the internal political situation here.

Protests about internal Thai issues are forbidden ... so going after foreigners serves a social pressure relieving (speaking about relievingcoffee1.gif ) purpose.

Yeah, the pisser is acting like a moron but he doesn't represent foreigners.

Edited by Jingthing

Plenty of proper toilets have little or no privacy for men taking a leak.

..... and a Baht bus has ???

Maybe we should start a poll........ Is peeing out the back of a Baht bus acceptable behavior YES/NO.

I think if anyone can (genuinely) vote 'YES' they need to look very closely at themselves.

Go on then; particularly if you see them doing it on a baht bus in full frontal public view.

How about across the street from and in full public view of a government school, and not in Pattaya? And what about the dozens of times my taxi drivers have stopped the cab to take a leak on the side of the road. This is all classical Thai xenophobic hypocrisy.

Edited by zaphod reborn

I've been noticing that Thais are becoming more vocal in getting irritated with "Farangs" even in the smallest ways...something they were afraid of doing...say 10 years back.

Pissing out of the back of a songtaew isn't really that small.

Also the "outrage" is all on Facebook and other social media, which wasn't around 10 years ago.

I've been noticing that Thais are becoming more vocal in getting irritated with "Farangs" even in the smallest ways...something they were afraid of doing...say 10 years back.

Really? I don't think so. In fact the typical reaction was to blame Farangs for most things in any given situation.

I am not suggesting things are better or that this problem occurs all the time.

But I don't perceive the good old days as being less jingoistic.

Perhaps the phenomena of social media has increased the vocalization of anti-Thai behavior in their beautiful, rubbish dump of a country.

But remember- Only Thais can dump their cr*p everywhere!

Edited by Manbing