A first for Thailand: Buying property with a 20-year visa

Jonathan Fairfield

just want to check the conclusion, to spell it out for the slower amongst us, such as myself, is the whole 20 year visa thing a scam?

the "20 year visa" thing is not a scam in itself, but technically speaking just to keep the pedantics from getting their knickers in a knot, the visa is renewable/extendible every 5 years, totally 20 years

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are the new prices with the Elite visa included. You can compare with the 2013 list published earlier, but a 30m² is now about double the price from 2 years ago.

SP Summary Sheet with New Payment Plan (Update 15.6.15)-1.pdf

They claim 70% of the project is sold out, so I wonder why they need such a promotion for the remaining 30%

Edited by Anthony5

These are the new prices with the Elite visa included. You can compare with the 2013 list published earlier, but a 30m² is now about double the price from 2 years ago.

attachicon.gifSP Summary Sheet with New Payment Plan (Update 15.6.15)-1.pdf

They claim 70% of the project is sold out, so I wonder why they need such a promotion for the remaining 30%

and this is surprising how ?....some one has to pay for the TE, you don't actually think the developer or TE itself is going to foot the bill do you....the punter themselves is paying for this, nothing is free

just want to check the conclusion, to spell it out for the slower amongst us, such as myself, is the whole 20 year visa thing a scam?

not a scam, but if you add the numbers, tourist visa is much cheaper.

I won't argue with elite members who don't like to travel and prefer to stay home and bar all day long .... their free Limo rides are useless as they don't have to travel anymore.

most of these "elites" are in a well chair due to bad blood circulation.

they even need a golf cab to extract them off the plane and can not lift by hand their passport to officers. they need to be fully assisted by Thai ladies.

Joe go pick up his elite card :

post-231030-14349038121829_thumb.png

Edited by VIPinthailand

I won't argue with elite members who don't like to travel and prefer to stay home and bar all day long .... their free Limo rides are useless as they don't have to travel anymore.

they even need a golf cab to extract them off the plane and can not lift by hand their passport to officers. they need to be fully assisted by Thai ladies.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-06-21-18-21-46~2.png

most elite members do travel, just not to get another short term tourist visa in a cramped minibus across the border.

They do it for business and recreation... Frequently, on their own terms, and more frequently than short term visa abusers because it's not done for the sole reason immigration requires the tourist visa abusers to get out.

They can come and go as their life requires, as the elite visa has unlimited entries, tourist visas are are not well suited for the frequent traveller, they're actually the worst option available!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-06-21-18-21-46~2.png

most elite members do travel, just not to get another short term tourist visa in a cramped minibus across the border.

They do it for business and recreation... Frequently, on their own terms, and more frequently than short term visa abusers because it's not done for the sole reason immigration requires the tourist visa abusers to get out.

They can come and go as their life requires, as the elite visa has unlimited entries, tourist visas are are not well suited for the frequent traveller, they're actually the worst option available!

Well, VIPinthailand is totally right.

Thailand Elite is not a scam.

The program may appear "not cheap" to some, who would then favor another visa option, but VIPinthailand is totally right: The program makes its members very happy with a highly convenient long-term visa, at a price,... and it goes on this way since 13 years.

The rest of his post is a bit on the childish side, but... everybody his own style :)

Concerning the unlimited entries, I do agree with you.

Travel frequently in and out with a tourist visa (or no visa) must be a nightmare.

The Thailand Elite PE visa is the best for frequent travelers. Peace of mind and feeling welcome each time the members comes back in the country. This is what it is all about.

Edited by gerry1011

• 9 months later...

It seems that after 9 months of the success story of free visa with a condo all condo's are still not sold.

Today a new billboard was erected along the highway 7 near Pattaya, where they announced that they offered a guaranteed return of 7% per annum.

They don't offer this like other developers for 3 years or 5 years but no, BAAAM 10 years straight away.

http://www.southpointpattaya.com/20-year-visa/

So 70% of your investment guaranteed returned over the next 10 years.

I assume this comes on top of the free 20 year elite visa of course.

Yet I think I'll wait a bit longer to make a purchase, because I'm pretty sure the way their promotions are evolving, soon they will offer some money on top of your purchase.

It seems that after 9 months of the success story of free visa with a condo all condo's are still not sold.

Today a new billboard was erected along the highway 7 near Pattaya, where they announced that they offered a guaranteed return of 7% per annum.

They don't offer this like other developers for 3 years or 5 years but no, BAAAM 10 years straight away.

Yet I think I'll wait a bit longer to make a purchase, because I'm pretty sure the way their promotions are evolving, soon they will offer some money on top of your purchase.

Why does the saying a fool and his money are easy parted when i look at this site ? And how exactly are they funding the 7% guranteed rental return for 10 years, is this place even build yet, seems its not...so they gurantee rental income off a place not yet built, so not yet built how can they have guranteed tenants ?

So the only way i could see someone getting a 7% return in being involved in some sort of ponzi scheme

Why does the saying a fool and his money are easy parted when i look at this site ? And how exactly are they funding the 7% guranteed rental return for 10 years, is this place even build yet, seems its not...so they gurantee rental income off a place not yet built, so not yet built how can they have guranteed tenants ?

So the only way i could see someone getting a 7% return in being involved in some sort of ponzi scheme

Your money to us first and we promise, no, guarantee it would be built and further guarantee returns for ten years thereafter.

Guarantees are good as long as the company is still around at any point of the above timeline.

Can you get a 20 year visa back to back? Giving you 40 years. If so and I buy a condo from them, can they convert my tourist visa? I just met a bargirl and we want to get married, I love everyone and the food and drinks are so cheap. Yours, Tom Cruise. That's what my fiance calls me. 555

Actually I might look into this, with legal advice re 7% guarantee, which I expect is more of a "guarantee". They cost 3m the for the smallest unit so not cheap. But hey 210,000 income pa right....?

• 2 months later...

Bump

Actually I might look into this, with legal advice re 7% guarantee, which I expect is more of a "guarantee". They cost 3m the for the smallest unit so not cheap. But hey 210,000 income pa right....?

Did you or anyone else end up looking into this?

When I look at Southpoint Pattaya units on Prakard they don't seem to be raising the market value to trick people into buying an overpriced unit to get a visa. Actually it seems about the same price. Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

They made this video to explain the deal on YouTube.

cheesy.gif

i watched the video advertisement, and i laughed all the time.

The only true thing was all these mixed couple with a thai hooker.

Otherwise, once again, wealthy people they will NOT risk to come here and get a beating like the 68 yo grandmother in hua hin.

cheesy.gif

Otherwise, once again, wealthy people they will NOT risk to come here and get a beating like the 68 yo grandmother in hua hin.

Wealthy people may not go to cheap Pattaya to buy a cheap condo :)

But for those who want to buy a condo anyway, 20 years of trouble less visa is a rather sweet deal.

cheesy.gif

Wealthy people may not go to cheap Pattaya to buy a cheap condo smile.png

But for those who want to buy a condo anyway, 20 years of trouble less visa is a rather sweet deal.

Agreed.

But for those who want to buy a condo anyway, 20 years of trouble less visa is a rather sweet deal and if that doesn't work to sell their condos they can throw in an extra 20 year barfine paid at your bar of choice ... whistling.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by Mook23

cheesy.gif

LOL @ 24 hour help line from 6am - 9pm daily !!!

LOL LOL LOL you can't make this up !!!

cheesy.gif

Wealthy people may not go to cheap Pattaya to buy a cheap condo smile.png

Agreed.

But for those who want to buy a condo anyway, 20 years of trouble less visa is a rather sweet deal and if that doesn't work to sell their condos they can throw in an extra 20 year barfine paid at your bar of choice ... whistling.gifgiggle.gif

I start to wonder if, in order to sell all (cheap) units in a record time, Southpoint Condos should not do away with the Thailand Elite 20 years of trouble less visas' promotion, and just offer such a "20 Years Bar Fine Mega Deal" instead.

Makes more sense indeed... :)

Edited by gerry1011

cheesy.gif

After you wrote that above I had to listen to the video and it does actually say that I laughed so much excellent comedy

cheesy.gif

After you wrote that above I had to listen to the video and it does actually say that I laughed so much excellent comedy

it perfectly sums up what these people are and offer. Ordinary, pseudo-elite, no eye for detail, shallow. It is fantastic and ideal for the archetype below!

Shoes_No2.JPG

cheesy.gif

Uhm... Yes.

THAT is really not honest from Thailand Elite !!!

What an outrage !!!

ONLY the Thailand Elite members (those who pay) have access to the Member Service 24hrs a day.

And NOT the ones who would be, maybe, remotely, slightly, half genuinely, not genuinely for most, interested in contacting Southpoint Condos to require (free) information :(

Thailand Elite should indeed be MUCH more accommodating to those remotely potential farang customers, who, most probably don't even have the funds to buy such a (Pattaya) lower level unit in this Southpoint project, but represent such a great portion of the farang population.

Instead of taking care of these highly valuable potential customers (in the eyes of many tv forum posters, at least), the remotely interested potential buyers MUST contact the Southpoint selling team directly... An during office hours!

Outrageous indeed.

The quick fix is to buy a "serious" condo, in a "serious" place, and contact Thailand Elite to become a (valuable) member :)

Edited by gerry1011

cheesy.gif

Uhm... Yes.

THAT is really not honest from Thailand Elite !!!

What an outrage !!!

ONLY the Thailand Elite members (those who pay) have access to the Member Service 24hrs a day.

And NOT the ones who would be, maybe, remotely, slightly, half genuinely, not genuinely for most, interested in contacting Southpoint Condos to require (free) information :(

Thailand Elite should indeed be MUCH more accommodating to those remotely potential farang customers, who, most probably don't even have the funds to buy such a (Pattaya) lower level unit in this Southpoint project, but represent such a great portion of the farang population.

Instead of taking care of these highly valuable potential customers (in the eyes of many tv forum posters, at least), the remotely interested potential buyers MUST contact the Southpoint selling team directly... An during office hours!

Outrageous indeed.

The quick fix is to buy a "serious" condo, in a "serious" place, and contact Thailand Elite to become a (valuable) member :)

what are you blabbering about? the ad is from a condo sales company, not Thai elite visa. there are no 20 year visas too.

• 7 months later...
On 6/11/2015 at 8:22 PM, Soutpeel said:

As with any of these schemes, the devil is in the detail, you might have to purchase 10 million condo which in reality is only worth 5 million

The condo & visa a inextircably linked together.

They can be sold-on together one time. When doing so, the vendor loses 20% of the original cost of the visa.

I'm about to make the final payment, but I giot the visa in May '16.