National Police Chief orders Pattaya Facebook Page to Shut Down

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know if you know all the typical spots they have checkpoints. Google maps would show a traffic slowdown with a fair amount of accuracy.

Does google take into account That Pattaya in certain places is at a near standstill for many hours of the day...

Edited by MB1

• 2 weeks later...

Only a driver with something to fear should be concerned about check points and speed cameras.

But then of course there is the traffic delay to be concerned about (for those who have nothing to fear).

Then you dont know anything about Thailand.

Most checkpoints will stop most motorcycles and most farangs they can spot and find waterver excuse to take your money and waste your time.

Most checkpoints do not stop farangs in my experience, trucks are their favourite target.

What ever happened to good old lights flash? smile.png

Seriously though , check points are always in the same spots, avoiding those spots is easy enough solution. Not to mention police do not exactly go into any trouble hiding.

Why even bother with a checkpoint when it comes to speeding?

Cops just make shit up.

I had a $500 USD radar detector shipped to me in Kuwait to drive around the oil fields where there are radar cameras EVERYWHERE & it was just a day's pay to help keep my nose clean (it also made me drive a lot slower).

Brought it to Thailand & the only time it ever went off was on the Viphavadee Expressway next to Don Muang where the radar dishes are right next to the road.

Got pulled over near Rayong & it never went off. Cop said "YOU - Speeding!"

Maybe I was going 105 in a 100 kph zone, but I asked "Khun mee radar mai?"

He said "No. I see you go vely fast".