Consumer affairs Office Pattaya and Chonburi

william-pad

was at city hall last year with no result, thats why i want to know about Chonburi office

No result or the result you didn't want to hear or was hoping for? I have been told complaints are given written replies in English (if the original complaint was in English).

OP I can tell you I dealt with OCPB through their Bangkok office although my communication with them was solely through email and sending my hardcopy complaint with all the accompanying documentation by DHL. So I never went there in person.

And the subject of my complaint wasn’t connected to your issue but it did involve taking on one of Thailand’s biggest corporations.

Let me tell you I was surprised by the ease of dealing with OCPB I considered to have had a fantastic win through their help. I got back every single satang despite protestations by the company that it was against company policy to refund money.clap2.gif

So I encourage you to lodge your complaint with this department who everyone in business seems to fear

here is their website in English

http://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_eng/main.php?filename=index___EN

Asiantravel is right on, in the past they only had the option to fax (in English) your complaint but they now have an online option (just pick the English option) to report you problem

The one time I used them about a problem I had with Siam Commercial Bank it was resolved within a week after making my complaint

They do strike fear into businesses here in Thailand and are a fantastic resource for the consumer and seem to go out of their way to assist foreigners

With regard to water and electricity...

The person who pays the bills can sell it for what they want, it is only wrong if they deceive you over the price, or overcharge you for usage.

Often renters will lower the advertised rental rate, they make it back with a mark up on utilities and other charges.

Best when renting to always ask and get in writing the electricity and water rates per unit, and list all other charges, also check you can access the meters to read them yourself.

As I recall my old condominium electricity was billed at cost, the condominium bought electricity at the business rate, and provided the meters for each unit, water had a 2 Baht per unit surcharge to cover wast disposal.

Edited by Basil B