Transport Minister visits Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry pier construction site

webfact

Transport Minister visits Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry pier construction site

BANGKOK, 12 June 2015, (NNT) - Transport Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong yesterday visited the construction site of the Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry pier.

He disclosed that the Marine Department has been given two months to conduct a feasibility study of the project to construct ferry piers in Chonburi province’s Pattaya municipality and Si Racha district, as well as a ferry garage in Samut Prakarn province.

The Ministry of Transport is planning to construct a railway connecting Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon. The railway would connect with the new ferry piers, integrating different modes of transportation.

ACM Prajin said the auction for the 180 km Bangkok - Hua Hin high-speed railway project would be held at the end of this year. Initially, the auction would be available for Thai investors only. He speculated the project would begin construction in the second quarter of next year and be completed within 2-3 years.

The Transport Minister also unveiled a plan to develop Petchaburi province as a gateway city to the South, saying the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning and the Department of Highways have been assigned to construct more roads and motorways linking the area to other regions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-12 footer_n.gif

I look forward to trying the ferry. How many years until it starts running? whistling.gif

And, after (if) it does start, how long before it ceases operation. What is so different this time versus the last couple times it operated?

I will use Kan Air instead.

I assume that was in humour? wink.png

Drive = 6 hours? Sail = 4 hours? Fly = 25 minutes.

What's so funny?

Because at the moment there are NO Kan flights into or out of Utapao.

Try booking ANY flight to anywhere from UTP. All flights to / from UTP are 'cancelled ' at the moment.

Edited by pontious

I look forward to trying the ferry. How many years until it starts running? whistling.gif

When they can find a design that doesn't capsize when overloaded......

I would NEVER take/use this service until the Thai authorities can show that they can operate at least a reasonably safe marine transport service, which clearly they cannot.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/832388-pattaya-boat-operators-called-on-carpet-following-2-near-disasters/

It would be a nice, pleasant route to travel -- except, I have no desire to be left dumped in the sea a couple of kilometers offshore after my boat has sank or caught fire.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I will use Kan Air instead.

I assume that was in humour? wink.png

Drive = 6 hours? Sail = 4 hours? Fly = 25 minutes.

What's so funny?

Because at the moment there are NO Kan flights into or out of Utapao.

Try booking ANY flight to anywhere from UTP. All flights to / from UTP are 'cancelled ' at the moment.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

There seems to be numerous flights coming and going from UTP today, as well as tomorrow, according to this real-time flight tracker.

CAPS denotes shouting.

Edited by Benmart

Your link shows Kanair schedule - there were no in/out flights by Kanair to UTP today and will not be untill further notice. I am well aware what CAPS means but it is also used to highlight something in the sentence. I suppose you shouted Utapao. I doubt people care if you review your post replies.

Edited by pontious

Here we go again, the government is going to pay some private consortium to do a feasibility study that in real life didn't work when it was tried before

Isn't the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

The problem isn't the terminals, it's getting someone to invest in the "ferry's"

Your link shows Kanair schedule - there were no in/out flights by Kanair to UTP today and will not be untill further notice. ...

Oh no! Are you suggesting that a start-up domestic carrier that is privately owned by an entrepreneurial Thai visionary has been somehow nobbled by the junta-backed Pattaya-Hua Hin Ferry Pier Builders Association?

I will believe it when it's on the Pattaya One pages.