Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Want to buy SBIO ETF

Question = How to buy an US ETF here? I am in partcular interested in

ALPS Medical Breakthroughs ETF (NYSEARCA:SBIO) http://seekingalpha.com/article/3247286-sbio-a-safe-play-in-biotechnology?v=1434023631&commenter=1

• This ETF is yet another entry into the biotechnology sector, which has seen a few new ETFs emerge in December.
  • The fund focuses on companies that are actively engaged in research, requiring all companies to have at least one Phase II or Phase III candidate.
  • This fund is an alternative to the BioShares ETFs BBC and BBP.

Sorry slightly off topic but........I am an experienced investor over 30 years in UK and here in Thailand. I am now thinking of investing directly in the USA AND TO THAT END HAVE SIGNED UP WITH A SUITABLE EXECUTION ONLY STOCK BROKER.

Sorry slightly off topic but........I am an experienced investor over 30 years in UK and here in Thailand. I am now thinking of investing directly in the USA AND TO THAT END HAVE SIGNED UP WITH A SUITABLE EXECUTION ONLY STOCK BROKER.

Hit the wrong button there woops. To continue .....I was wondering if anyone had a good experience in reading financial magazines about investing in USA. Something like investors chronicle or Financial Times. Grateful for pointers.

If you read what is my almost exclusive source of INFORMATION is than you got analysis of stocks that might be of interest. From Dividend to Speculative I Stocks, Macro,. Mainly USA. But some Asian, European, =Bco Santander very recent. All my NASDAQ Stocks are based on that. It's Seekingalpha.com. No fees. Except you want to read a report of a specific author before publication. No benefit to me to get a report few days before the public. I'm not a fast shooter. Plus to read the sometimes extensive comments by others is often invaluable.

Good hunting!

To get a taste, log in seekingalpha.com and read above link to SBIO, read profile of the author and perhaps you'll can guess why I chose this etf as the very first etf at all. Will buy x amount, let it run and give to someone in due course, just as the author suggests

To get a taste, log in seekingalpha.com and read above link to SBIO, read profile of the author and perhaps you'll can guess why I chose this etf as the very first etf at all. Will buy x amount, let it run and give to someone in due course, just as the author suggests

I really can't see why anyone would buy this. Biotech companies are very much in bubble territory.

Looking at the five largest holdings the P/E ratios were (for 2014) 38.2 (AKRX), -35.6 (RCPT), -69.5 (SGEN), -100.9 (BLUE) and -36.3 (GEVA). Crazy prices. A crash is coming.

Well, look at your own age

What try to help to a long life? Pharmaceuticals progress in Research. BTW no need for you or anyone # to understand me# I in turn have no inclination to even try to understand any stranger

Enjoy the day

AyG I'm sure that you find something in S. A. which fits your risk profile. If I'm wrong tell me.

How does this sound?
Retired With Money To Invest? Consider Playing Defense With Utilities

Retirement Strategy: Overweight But I Still Want More Income

TO MODERATOR= seekingalpha.com is crowdsourced.

I´m not promoting a product, merely a valuable source for financial information. Ihave zero interest nor do I whatever kind of renumaration

Edited by THAIPHUKET