bread getting smaller packets third full are they cheating us

opalred

in danger to feeding TV trolls.....

Yes OP they are "cheating"

the food producers are scared of upping the prices, and therefore they cut in volume first then they increase the price as much as the government say they can.

it goes on all produce. i have seen the same with CP sausages was nearly an inch longer before, the packaging is still same size...

Not only a Thai thing seen the same in Europe, but not in the same speed as done in Thailand.

Even the food on the road have decreased, those white boxes are smaller...

Just a sign of times to come...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paranoia over the size of a slice of ham and a slice of bread.

What an exciting life to lead evaluating the size of ham slices and bread slices.

I think I will carry on watching paint dry and grass grow, far less stressful.

Hang around Lotus and wait for the yellow price tags for half price short code life products that'll restore the losses you think you are suffering

Grass growing & paint drying. too exciting. Gets me all hyper, like 3 double espressos at 9 p.m.!!! I relax by watching mullet rot, but really, I mainly do it for the aroma.555.

PS Turpentine Meths & thinners are always in 1/2 full tins. But I do no know what the tin holds, or how much is actually in there because I am a Farang & we do not notice, or comment on these things.

I make my own bread, ham, bacon, pork pies, pies ,cakes etc so I can match the breadsize to the ham size plus I can cut it as thin or as thick as I wish.

hope you can add speck soon to your self made products...thumbsup.gif

I was talking to a guy on another forum who was on about cold smoking but I feel if I used the fridge for smoking bacon my wife may get a little upset.

I did try once before using a kettle BBQ but the problem is getting the wood chips plus I over smoked it to death.

I make my own bread, ham, bacon, pork pies, pies ,cakes etc so I can match the breadsize to the ham size plus I can cut it as thin or as thick as I wish.

I was talking to a guy on another forum who was on about cold smoking but I feel if I used the fridge for smoking bacon my wife may get a little upset.

I did try once before using a kettle BBQ but the problem is getting the wood chips plus I over smoked it to death.

I know the guy who you are talking about...try BM quality food they have pretty good wood chips...

you should see the size of wagon wheels biscuits in the uk half the size they use to be.

I'd forgotten about that. They used to be huge (the umm..size of a wagon wheel sort of), but they reduced them very noticeably all at once.

Anyone remember a few years back when a 100 piper bottle of gasoline was a full bottle? They couldn't bring the price up so reduced the content. Lost face like a chicken plucked bare, but still with a saamile.

I know the guy who you are talking about...try BM quality food they have pretty good wood chips...

Personally I prefer potato chips but each to their own.

Does BM sell sausage skins? I have some great recipes but I can only get the skins from Makro but they are not that good.

Maybe the guy on the other forum knows.

Does BM sell sausage skins? I have some great recipes but I can only get the skins from Makro but they are not that good.

I just asked him and he confirmed that BM has pork,sheep and synthetic casings in different sizes...may you send him a PM at the other forum for more informations...

I just asked him and he confirmed that BM has pork,sheep and synthetic casings in different sizes...may you send him a PM at the other forum for more informations...

OK thanks for that. I will pop over there this evening and see what I can find.

When I first came here I used to like to buy the French Rolls in Carrefour. The fitted bag they come in would not close at the top. Then about 3 or 4 years ago (after it became Big C, Pattaya Klang) I noticed that I could twist the top closed and tie it with the little wire thing. I jokingly asked the Farang Boss in the bakery dept. if they were making the bread smaller or the bags bigger. He didn't see the funny side of it and told me it was my imagination....from then on the conversation got a bit heated and he walked off an angry man indeed.

Edited by dotpoom

BM?

to the ones make own sausage i make good oz one tell makro put meat through mincer 2 times and they sell frozen skins

add salt pepper mixed herbs gravy powder good oz snag if want pom sasauge add sage

i have trouble sometimes making bacon as gets to salty any tips cheers