bread getting smaller packets third full are they cheating us

opalred

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The universe is said to be getting smaller. So we're not getting much buck for our bang.

Too right....Not getting too much Bang for our buck either...(so they tell me).

The Universe is getting smaller and mankind is getting fatter, so what happens when the two meet ? a singularity, a black hole, a super Nova, this is a question for Stephen Hawkings me thinks, it will not fit in with string theory simply because said fat man will most likely break the string

What I meant was that the Big Bang wasn't really all that big. In relative terms, no more than the fire cracker you shove down Fatty Eric's piss stained pants on Guy Fawkes night.

I know it doesn't sound very intellectual, but the imagery is right. The bang caused the little snot to shit his pants, which expand at a dramatic rate. Then as it dribbles down his leg, his pants contract. I gave this example to Carl Sagan to use. He was a nice man.

What I meant was that the Big Bang wasn't really all that big. In relative terms, no more than the fire cracker you shove down Fatty Eric's piss stained pants on Guy Fawkes night.

I know it doesn't sound very intellectual, but the imagery is right. The bang caused the little snot to shit his pants, which expand at a dramatic rate. Then as it dribbles down his leg, his pants contract. I gave this example to Carl Sagan to use. He was a nice man.

Very insightful indeed, not much to this Astro-physics/cosmology crap is there ? So easy to understand don't know why people found " A brief history of time" so hard to understand, thumbsup.gif

Very insightful indeed, not much to this Astro-physics/cosmology crap is there ? So easy to understand don't know why people found " A brief history of time" so hard to understand, thumbsup.gif

I use my copy to squash the cockroaches in my 3k Baht a night bedsit in Lad Prao.

Many things at the store have become smaller and smaller.Where the prices have been getting larger.Consider it inflation or

The company selling it wants to,make A Larger profit.If your not happy about it quit buying it.Thats the only power you've got.

you should see the size of wagon wheels biscuits in the uk half the size they use to be.

well here is a conundrum for you, if the manufacturers are making everything smaller and reducing "portion size and making it more expensive ....why are people getting fatter and more obese ? laugh.png

But in your example...the wagon wheels haven't got any smaller, your hands have just got bigger that's all thumbsup.gif

Dont think so, the product is getting smaller, and they are charging more, Cadburys has been taken over by an american company they are doing it now in the uK smaller product in a bigger packaging, and they ahve changed the ingredients, thats why I think Cadburys will go down , many people in the uk will not buy there products now,

Where do you get the ham that fits a bread slice:

You buy food per kg or per gram not by package size.

And indeed the side of the large bottle beer was reduced, as well several beers have been reduced in their alcohol content (=more water added, you buy water to the beer price), but all is declared on the packing....

Well got tired of being shafted on the size and quality of beer so I quit. I guess eating is next. Yes its amazing how many products are being shorted in size. The g/f just went down to the store and bought a couple yogurt.They were about 60% full. Well General you want to make an impact stop producers from short changing Thais. This would grab my attention not all this other feel good baloney. I think baloney has gone up in price as well. Oh yes inflation is dropping and we are now in deflation territory baloney. Opps sorry used that word before.

Edited by elgordo38

you should see the size of wagon wheels biscuits in the uk half the size they use to be.

well here is a conundrum for you, if the manufacturers are making everything smaller and reducing "portion size and making it more expensive ....why are people getting fatter and more obese ? laugh.png

But in your example...the wagon wheels haven't got any smaller, your hands have just got bigger that's all thumbsup.gif

Reminds me of Grandpa's admonishment after meeting my then girlfriend, "Never marry a girl with big hands; it will make your Wagon Wheel look smaller."

Or something like that.

And indeed the side of the large bottle beer was reduced, as well several beers have been reduced in their alcohol content (=more water added, you buy water to the beer price), but all is declared on the packing....

You get ham in that shape from a real pig!

I still have to meet the farmer that grows pigs with square legs.

Agree that we buy food per kg and that's why in some western countries supermarkets are forced to mention the price per kg on the price tag, not in Thailand where we certainly don't want to encourage people to compare prices!

You get ham in that shape from a real pig!

I still have to meet the farmer that grows pigs with square legs.

Agree that we buy food per kg and that's why in some western countries supermarkets are forced to mention the price per kg on the price tag, not in Thailand where we certainly don't want to encourage people to compare prices!

Before it was law to have standard packing sizes. Like 0.25, 0.5, 1 kg, that makes it easy to compare prices. A 0.225, a 0.640 and 840 makes it impossible without calculator and honestly who want to spend to hours in the supermarket with the laptop and excel to figure out the prices?

Price/kg would make it even better.

that square ham, isn't really ham, it is some meat+some thickeners + lots of water + maybe MSG so you don't feel the lack of taste.

Well got tired of being shafted on the size and quality of beer so I quit. I guess eating is next. Yes its amazing how many products are being shorted in size. The g/f just went down to the store and bought a couple yogurt.They were about 60% full. Well General you want to make an impact stop producers from short changing Thais. This would grab my attention not all this other feel good baloney. I think baloney has gone up in price as well. Oh yes inflation is dropping and we are now in deflation territory baloney. Opps sorry used that word before.

Well the yoghurt is sold per weight, I am sure the weight is correct.

Beer: quality bad....now even the Carlsberg start to get some minor quality problems (which will increase I guess) and the price is a joke.

I already boycott beer in Thailand......I have yeast.....

lots of products are down sized to maintain the same price,rather than increase the price.

This is not a Thai conspiracy. This is clever marketing and prolific in Canada, probably in the USA and around the world too. Many items have been "content" reduced by 25% so that as one poster noted, they can maintain the price.

Welcome to 2015.

You should see the amount of steak now in one of those delicious Fray Bentos steak pies.

I stopped buying them about three years ago.

Your bread is still the same size. However, because the universe is expanding, everything in it seems smaller (relatively)... and the 'smallness' is unequally distributed - affecting bread more than ham, due to the gluten's attraction to cosmic strings.

Paranoia over the size of a slice of ham and a slice of bread.

What an exciting life to lead evaluating the size of ham slices and bread slices.

I think I will carry on watching paint dry and grass grow, far less stressful.

Hang around Lotus and wait for the yellow price tags for half price short code life products that'll restore the losses you think you are suffering

Breaking news, in a related story, In recent studies Thai scientist have concludes the average IQ of local farangs without proper employment in Thailand has decreased by 25%, and the instances of farang paranoia among the retired classes has increased by 200%

But how can you have an IQ of.. -15?.... Is it lack of nourishment from the small bread slices and Bantom eggs?

By Jove, think you have cracked it, its a conspiracy by the Thai's to make all the resident farangs more stupid by under nourishing them by messing with the size of their slices of bread and eggs so they can extract more money of them and lighten them up before heaving them over the balcony for a spot of balcony diving,

it must be hard work for a 45kg Isaan teerak to haul 300lbs wobbly fat farang over a balcony, just think of the back injuries this is preventing laugh.png

I would think that these golddiggers are getting help from their drunk "Brother" and the odd so called security guard, paid off with a few baht - a clear suicide solved by the honorable thai police clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Products haven't become smaller. People have become more bloated and obese, which makes their food seem smaller. ... It's just an illusion. Get in shape, fatties.

With a user name like that, is that not like the pot calling the kettle black?

To be honest, I think you are winding us posters up with your post.

Well the yoghurt is sold per weight, I am sure the weight is correct.

Beer: quality bad....now even the Carlsberg start to get some minor quality problems (which will increase I guess) and the price is a joke.

I already boycott beer in Thailand......I have yeast.....

I also noticed the amount of yogurt in a carton being less, so I stopped buying it.